TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Moving to Dallas TX.

tcaramucci

I will be moving to the Dallas area over the next few weeks and would love to find out about the area. I am also looking for any local clubs and car shows that go on in the area. This is very exciting for me since now I live in the Chicago Area and can't (will not) drive the car in the winter due to the salt , ice and snow that takes place in the mid west. It is always fun to meet with fellow owners and to know where the best mod shop is in the local area.

Tom

post-8104-1200948374_thumb.jpg

post-8104-1200948374_thumb.jpg

I will be moving to the Dallas area over the next few weeks and would love to find out about the area. I am also looking for any local clubs and car shows that go on in the area. This is very exciting for me since now I live in the Chicago Area and can't (will not) drive the car in the winter due to the salt , ice and snow that takes place in the mid west. It is always fun to meet with fellow owners and to know where the best mod shop is in the local area.

Tom

Tom:

Can't help you out w/ Mod shops, but I know that there is a shelby club here in the Garland Area, went to a show this past spring there. Personally, I am not in many of the clubs, but would love to get more involved. I've got a GO vert, tungsten side stripes, and drove it this past weekend. No salt, little snow, little rain....lots of sun. Gotta love TX. Send me a PM and we'll arrange a meeting between us and see if we can't hook up a couple a shows.

Eric

Tom

Well naturally the best mod shop is Quantum Performance in Farmers Branch - certified by Shelby. I've heard a lot of good about Dallas Mustang but I have never used them.

As far as hang outs, :headscratch:

I recommend the Saltgrass in Mesquite and definitely get the Range Rattlers.

Tom....Once you get in the pipeline you will have more than you can handle. The Mod Shop is Quantum Performance in Farmers Branch. I'm the current President of the Shelby Cobra Association of Texas. There is also the Texas Cobra Club where we also meet once a month on the 1st Saturday at different places. Four of us have GT500's with a couple of Ford GT's in the bunch as well as 25+ Cobras. Our big spring meet is coming up in March down in Austin for 3 days of parking lot partys and cruises through the hill country. Definately a fun time. There is also the North Texas Mustang club that is very active and puts on the Yellow Rose indoor car show in August. About 200 Fords only. Also the local SVT club etc...etc... When you get to town shoot me an e-amil and I will hook you up and get you in the pipeline. GEM427@aol.com And car shows....the Autorama is coming in February followed by the Ft. Worth Rod and Custom show a week or so later. Outside shows and crusies....enough to have something to do every weekend if you choose to do so.

Gary :happy feet: :headspin::yahoo::banvictory:

Tom what part of Dallas are you going to be in? And Quantum Performance is the only shop I would entrust to work on my baby. They have what is turning into an amazing facility and will be working on some of the baddest cars around. I plan to have my car in there sometime this spring hopefully.

• 4 weeks later...
:shift: dairy queen

I made the same move from the Chicago area to Fort Worth 26 years ago. Although I don't live there anymore, I have very fond memories of that area.

All the best to you in Dallas - many more opportunities to drive your GT500! :happy feet:

If you like BBQ, try Spring Creek BBQ.

Archived