TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Barrett Jackson Scottsdale

mrhugger

So I saw a bit of Barrett Jackson this year. Saw CS auction of the first KR..and saw a GTH go for $42k. Surprised but I did not see any Barrett Jackson specials go off. I saw an ad but nothing else. Did I miss something?

Expect these cars to show up on the block at Palm Beach or Vegas this year, or at Scottsdale next year. They will have been owned by the BJ family and employees I am guessing.

I saw a little bit of it too. On Saturday they showed the BJ SGT and said they would be auctioned off. I wasnt paying attention at first but hwen they said BJ SGT I looked up and saw the cars. But I missed when they were being auctioned. I was cleaning a shotgun my dad gave me so my hands were full of gun oil and stuff so I didnt bother rewinding the dvr. I think I jhave it recorded though. I am going to try and watch some of it this week. There were some nice cars on that day that I saw. Mr. Shelby looked great I thought. He was pretty excited and full of energy. Great to see him that way with all he has been through. I would love to go to that show someday. Did anyone from here go? if so did you buy anything?

So I saw a bit of Barrett Jackson this year. Saw CS auction of the first KR..and saw a GTH go for $42k. Surprised but I did not see any Barrett Jackson specials go off. I saw an ad but nothing else. Did I miss something?

The auction list doesn't have any '08 GTs. Just the GT500KR.

I almost forgot....there was a cobra that went for way under what it probably should have. Around 600 k I believe. I was shocked. The guy who bought it got a great deal. I was gonna call right up and bid online...except for the bounced check issue I would have had ;) But seriously it was a gorgeous car. I would love to have one fo those someday.

I was really surprised that the GT500Kr with all of those throw ins didn't bring more than it did. There was a 427 cobra that went for less than I expected too. For those who got to watch more than I did, a friend said it seemed many cars went for below the expected value-is that the case?

On an unrelated note, did anyone see the special edition Intimidator 69 Camaro that Richard Childress Racing built with the 2 engines one of which was the detuned block form Dale Earnhardt's car from the 1999 Daytona 500? That car was really slick. ( it went 3 or 4 cars after the GT500KR)

Just so you all know, we made only 100 Barrett-Jackson Shelby GTs. Very rare car...

7 went To B-J family and employees, the rest were released to AZ regional dealers. There are still some (a few) available. Sweeet...

FWIW, almost all of the cars were about 25%-30% less than last year. There were rare exceptions, from what I observed anyway.

On the other end of the scale...the lower end cars were more effected and I saw (more like) 40% reduction from last year. Yikes.

I was taking my 'gut' feelings for cars based on last year's results, and cutting 25%-30% off, and was on the mark nearly every time.

The KR went for about 15% less than what I thought last year's prices would have dictated. I chalked that up to it being the first KR, and it has a HUGE fan base...

I was stunned that the 1st ever Challenger (in the 1st year ever, too) went for 'only' $400k.

This was the 1st, (real) new Mopar Muscle car in 4 decades, I figured that the faithful would have wacked that bad boy up to at least $.5 Mil, if not $600 k's. This is not a good sign for the longevity of this car, imo. But hey, you never know...

Heck, the Mustang is in it's 3rd year of production, with many '1sts' going for significantly more than the first- and only -Challenger.

Makes you wonder....

Just so you all know, we made only 100 Barrett-Jackson Shelby GTs. Very rare car...

7 went To B-J family and employees, the rest were released to AZ regional dealers. There are still some (a few) available. Sweeet...

Part 1.

So Chris, where are my Barrett Jackson cars???? Please help keep them from going to Phoenix.

Thanks!

Part 1.

So Chris, where are my Barrett Jackson cars???? Please help keep them from going to Phoenix.

Thanks!

If I remember right, we are holding them both as you are wishing to mod one and want sequential SSN's, right? 1 coupe and 1 convertible, correct? I am checking into it for you, as promised. Not a normal request as most guys buy one car at a time ;)

So....you should know where they are.......right? Not in Phoenix...

FWIW, almost all of the cars were about 25%-30% less than last year. There were rare exceptions, from what I observed anyway.

On the other end of the scale...the lower end cars were more effected and I saw (more like) 40% reduction from last year. Yikes.

I was taking my 'gut' feelings for cars based on last year's results, and cutting 25%-30% off, and was on the mark nearly every time.

The KR went for about 15% less than what I thought last year's prices would have dictated. I chalked that up to it being the first KR, and it has a HUGE fan base...

I was stunned that the 1st ever Challenger (in the 1st year ever, too) went for 'only' $400k.

This was the 1st, (real) new Mopar Muscle car in 4 decades, I figured that the faithful would have wacked that bad boy up to at least $.5 Mil, if not $600 k's. This is not a good sign for the longevity of this car, imo. But hey, you never know...

Heck, the Mustang is in it's 3rd year of production, with many '1sts' going for significantly more than the first- and only -Challenger.

Makes you wonder....

The economy was not friendly to collector cars this weekend.

I honestly expected Carroll's '69 to go for 2-3M. It wasn't the only one. I thought the GT350's should have gone for more too.

The '50's T-birds didn't get no respect.

I'd wager that most of the cars that were restored didn't even recoup restoration cost.

I agree about the Challenger, and also Carroll's 500GT. (All of the charity cars). When the ZR1 went for $1M I figured that the charities would do well. Not that they didn't - 400K and 550K is still a chunk of change, but last years pockets were deeper.

Last year's auction was really friendly to the big block Mopars. "Nice" Hemi 'Cudas pulled down $500K-ish for three cars in a row. This year they took a bath. I was waiting for one of them when I decided to get the BJ GTs instead.

I could't decide if CSX3279 and CSX3294 were good deals for the seller or the buyer; both were 600K-ish. What did you think?

The economy was not friendly to collector cars this weekend.

I honestly expected Carroll's '69 to go for 2-3M. It wasn't the only one. I thought the GT350's should have gone for more too.

The '50's T-birds didn't get no respect.

I'd wager that most of the cars that were restored didn't even recoup restoration cost.

I agree about the Challenger, and also Carroll's 500GT. (All of the charity cars). When the ZR1 went for $1M I figured that the charities would do well. Not that they didn't - 400K and 550K is still a chunk of change, but last years pockets were deeper.

Last year's auction was really friendly to the big block Mopars. "Nice" Hemi 'Cudas pulled down $500K-ish for three cars in a row. This year they took a bath. I was waiting for one of them when I decided to get the BJ GTs instead.

I could't decide if CSX3279 and CSX3294 were good deals for the seller or the buyer; both were 600K-ish. What did you think?

Agree. Also, I thought that the CSXs were a pretty good deal for the buyer- in spite of the buyer's fees that have to be paid. These are rare & very desireable, and if the owner can hang in there for a few years, I think he/she will see a nice roi...

This years sales were just down, nothing else to say. I really thought that the one off 08 KR would have brought a lot more than it did, at least twice what it did. The 07 GT500 and 1st SGT sold for more as a regular ol production version. I think the Challenger was hurt from being so late in the day, and the lack of TV coverage. If you had the cash though it was a great year to buy!

EDIT: Forgot to say I agree with crispy that the challenger won't be around for a while. People are excited but mostly for the 09 when they can get a manual trans. BJ sales didn't hurt my excitement! I can't wait to have one!

The run up in car prices has been quite a trip. Cars that were 100k all of a sudden were 500k. Makes no sense. This was a correction. A hemi car is not a v-12 hand built Ferrari. Never was, never will be. Thats why I dig them, but the prices got outta hand on all Am. muscle. The prices were too inflated and now they are coming down to reflect that. Nothing more, nothing less.

Archived