TEAM SHELBY FORUM

top speed sgt

ford sgt

My 07 GT is electronically limited to 149MPH. With the Ford Racing Tune you guys have they should have raised it a little bit over that. I have had mine upto about 120 and it is very stable. I also have the FRPP lowering kit on it.....Same as you guys. The only thing is the hood starts to shake alot on mine at that speed. Wish I had hood pins.

I would say that the 155 is a good estimate. But if you have a tuner for yours then you can up the top speed limit.

Gib

Our cars are limited to 155 electronically. Should go over that but I'm not to sure how much

I wonder if it is safe at 155 my wife's was all over the road at 110.

i have had fast cars before never one drove this bad at 110 i may have

something loose under the front end.

Seriously, if your SGT is all over the road at 110, I'd say you've got a problem, either tires or alignment probably. This car should drive like it's on rails at that speed. Hopefully you'll have it looked at. Not that any of us drive over the posted limit, of course :redcard:

Jim

I did not even realize mine was going 120.......It was that smooth. I would have it checked to make sure everything is setup right with the suspension.

Gib

I will take it and let them look at it tomorrow and try it one more time.It's got to be the car

it is a good flat black top road about 5 miles long .I send my wife down the road

in the truck to look for cars and cops she gets about half way. she calls me

on the cell phone i put my blue tooth on and away i go. I have been 160 on the road before

it is a real good road.

I also "wound it out" on the way home from the dealership. Nice flat (and fresh) blacktop on I-57. I got to 140 on the speedo, and it still felt solid.

We should pay some attention to aerodynamics. Though the SGT has better ground effects than others, with enough air passing underneath the car, there will be a natural lift and the back end will pull up from the pavement...Get lighter.

Those with a GT 500 style spoiler may fare better, but those without any spoiler will get light and higher off the ground in the rear. Not a good combination at these speeds.

Honestly,I haven't tried it since, and don't think I will try it again.

Just my .02C, carry on gents.

mine might have maxed out the speedo on the way home from getting it....... had plenty of motor left, just ran out of road. poor little Mazda 3 was trying to keep up. car felt solid, had I not have looked down I never woulda known how fast it was going

That is what I am saying these things are sooooo smooth at speed. Before I had the lowering kit put on it would dance around a little bit but not anymore. There must be something set wrong. Just my opinion though.

Gib

140 + in West Texas, vehicle already had about 2,700 miles on it and the oil had already been changed at 950 miles. Put it right in the center of two lanes on the interstate. No traffic. Accelerated slowly from 85 to 140+. Did not notice any lightness in the rear end but that is probably the dangerous part. It would probably rise so slowly as to not notice and then break away suddenly.

That was enough for me. Wanted to see one time what it would do. Was still pulling in 5th gear.

Mine was rock solid at 125 mph. Had lots more pull. I've never been in a car that felt so stable at that speed.

Good point about the rear spoiler. I had a 2001 Audit TT and for 2001 Audi made the rear spoiler standard as the 2000 model did not have one and there were reports of people crashing on the autobahn at high speeds. Audi added the rear spoiler to keep the rear end planted at high speeds. I am probably going to add the GT 500 rear spoiler for my track events. I have had my SGT up to 120 on the straights and close to 100 on some of the sweeping turns at Watkins Glen and I would feel better with some additional rear downforce. The Audi TT spoiler looked similar to the GT 500 spoiler. I doubt the standard GT spoiler is functional but I do not know for sure as I have never seen mention of this being a fucntional piece. I know Steeda cliams their street and race wings are functional.

And I forgot to mention that the Audi article mentioned that most of the accidents occured while turning at high speeds. Makes sense.

Good point about the rear spoiler. I had a 2001 Audit TT and for 2001 Audi made the rear spoiler standard as the 2000 model did not have one and there were reports of people crashing on the autobahn at high speeds. Audi added the rear spoiler to keep the rear end planted at high speeds. I am probably going to add the GT 500 rear spoiler for my track events. I have had my SGT up to 120 on the straights and close to 100 on some of the sweeping turns at Watkins Glen and I would feel better with some additional rear downforce. The Audi TT spoiler looked similar to the GT 500 spoiler. I doubt the standard GT spoiler is functional but I do not know for sure as I have never seen mention of this being a fucntional piece. I know Steeda cliams their street and race wings are functional.

And I forgot to mention that the Audi article mentioned that most of the accidents occured while turning at high speeds. Makes sense.

Wish we had an autobahn that went from coast to coast, Now wouldn't that be sweet.....................

Mine was rock solid at 125 mph. Had lots more pull. I've never been in a car that felt so stable at that speed.

Same here. Felt like you could take your hands off the wheel. Rock solid. I have a photo posted on old site, 127mph @ 3600rpm, plenty of pull left. :headspin:

Your wife's car a Shelby GT?

Definitely not right.

Does anyone know the top speed of the sgt

i had my wife's about 110 and it still had a lot left.

(thanks)

Had the 05 Mustang GT cranked up to 130 a few times on

the Shelby Bull Run very smooth with Im sure alot more left.

Definately something wrong. Have yours checked.

Archived