TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Saver!

ilmor

Well, I cannot believe that my wife actually went for this, but we got a 3rd car; an '08 Honda Civic. This will be our commuter car. Even though I was willing to drive my Shelby in the snow and other times when I really didn't want to, now I no longer have to! When it snows we'll commute in the Expedition, but otherwise its the Honda. :happy feet: Also, now my "winter" wheels can become my autocross / track wheels!

2008HondaCivic.jpg

Well, I cannot believe that my wife actually went for this, but we got a 3rd car; an '08 Honda Civic. This will be our commuter car. Even though I was willing to drive my Shelby in the snow and other times when I really didn't want to, now I no longer have to! When it snows we'll commute in the Expedition, but otherwise its the Honda. :happy feet: Also, now my "winter" wheels can become my autocross / track wheels!

Consider yourself lucky that your wife would go for it. My ex wouldn't even go along with me getting a car cover to keep the cat off my Shelby.

I know the feeling about not having to drive my White 07 Shelby in the weather. I couldn't imagine having to pull it out in the snow and drive it to work.

For the other Shelby owner with the cat, I sure hope you got to keep the Shelby and she got the cat.

No, I'll autocross the Shelby. That Civic is an automatic and its only 140 hp. Great on fuel mileage though!

I noticed in another post you stated you leased the Civic and it could have been a Ford Focus but they couldn't come close to the Civic lease deal.

I'm curious, what was the lease deal on the Honda?

Ford is running a lease deal on the Focus for only $169 and only $189 on Fusion

How much was the Civic lease deal?

The Civic deal is 199/mo for 36 mos. w/ 2K down. On the day I did this, the Focus and Fusion deals weren't available (we checked all the websites of these and other makes and models). I would not have done the Fusion because I wanted a higher mpg car, but I might have done the Focus if that was available at the same time as the Civic...although, I think the Focus deal is $2500 down if I recall and I'm not sure of the number of months. My wife also prefers Hondas (we've owned 4 in the past, all great cars).

The Civic deal is 199/mo for 36 mos. w/ 2K down. On the day I did this, the Focus and Fusion deals weren't available (we checked all the websites of these and other makes and models). I would not have done the Fusion because I wanted a higher mpg car, but I might have done the Focus if that was available at the same time as the Civic...although, I think the Focus deal is $2500 down if I recall and I'm not sure of the number of months. My wife also prefers Hondas (we've owned 4 in the past, all great cars).

The Focus is 39 months, $1,495 cash down, $169 month

This started on Jan 10th.

The Focus is 39 months, $1,495 cash down, $169 month

This started on Jan 10th.

Wow, too bad that deal didn't show on the Ford website when I looked, I might have gone for it.

Edit - In fact, I just tried again and it doesnt show up. Perhaps its not a national deal like the Civic, but instead a local deal. I used my zip code and could find no lease special on the Focus in my area.

Wow, too bad that deal didn't show on the Ford website when I looked, I might have gone for it.

I don't think Ford even told us about it until the 15th.

But you can never go by Ford's site. You need to call your dealer and have them look up the programs. Ford changes them constantly.

They show this program is good from 1/10 - 1/31

I don't think Ford even told us about it until the 15th.

But you can never go by Ford's site. You need to call your dealer and have them look up the programs. Ford changes them constantly.

They show this program is good from 1/10 - 1/31

Well, one SHOULD be able to go by Ford's site. I went by Honda's site, and they got the sale. Then, I went to the dealer; no haggle and the deal was exactly as advertised. Lesson - Ford needs to do a better job on their website!!

They need to do a better job on a lot of things.

I think they know that. I'm optimistic that they'll make it happen!

2008HondaCivic.jpg

Cool!

Where's the attachment for the plow feature ilmor? :headspin:

Archived