TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H Recalls and Repairs

winkyinc

I found a whole list of assorted recalls and Tech Service bulletins at edmunds.com under 2006 Mustang GT and thought a new topic was needed so we can all keep up with these issues.

There was two recalls: front and rear suspension, and 9 Tech Service Bulletins.

The recalls concern aftermarket Roush sturts, so really not a GT-H issue. But the TSBs are as follows. The dealer can look up the number.

ISSUE TSB#

Trans control module #04032007

ABS warning light #19296

Parking brake cable #0654

Fuel: slow/difficult to fill #06313

Asst. electrical diagnostic codes #052317

Erratic fuel gauge #061013

Rear shock #014011901

Instrument panel light issues #19105

Asst. engine diagnostic trouble codes #061912

Hope this works for all of you.

Meanwhile, if anyone gets some info regarding any of the unlisted repair issues, please post them here. I am one of the lucky ones that has a battery that won't hold a charge. Several others have had suggestions. One I found that helped slow the process was not to lock the doors. This seems to help since the alarm is not armed.

Neil

• 2 months later...
I found a whole list of assorted recalls and Tech Service bulletins at edmunds.com under 2006 Mustang GT and thought a new topic was needed so we can all keep up with these issues.

There was two recalls: front and rear suspension, and 9 Tech Service Bulletins.

The recalls concern aftermarket Roush sturts, so really not a GT-H issue. But the TSBs are as follows. The dealer can look up the number.

ISSUE TSB#

Trans control module #04032007

ABS warning light #19296

Parking brake cable #0654

Fuel: slow/difficult to fill #06313

Asst. electrical diagnostic codes #052317

Erratic fuel gauge #061013

Rear shock #014011901

Instrument panel light issues #19105

Asst. engine diagnostic trouble codes #061912

Hope this works for all of you.

Meanwhile, if anyone gets some info regarding any of the unlisted repair issues, please post them here. I am one of the lucky ones that has a battery that won't hold a charge. Several others have had suggestions. One I found that helped slow the process was not to lock the doors. This seems to help since the alarm is not armed.

Neil

Received a letter from Ford today. There has been a recall on the Mustang regarding passenger seat belt. I received the letter for both my '06 GT-H and my '05 Mustang conv. I consulted the Ford site and, while I received a letter for each car, the site only lists a recall for the '05 as of today. If you have not received a letter, contact your Ford dealer.

Neil

Archived