TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New to the site!!!

bigdrawz24

whats up guys, im new to this site and im glad i found it..... i have found so much helpful info on this forum thanks for that!

I have been working with my local dealership, and i have sealed a deal on a 08 gt500 for $3000 over MSRP, should i move on this or wait it out?

The sells rep also claims that the price will go up as the weather warms, is this true or is he blowing smoke?

I plan on ordering this beast within the next month......

Also are people using this car as a everyday driver or what? i plan on keeping it forever, not re selling it.

Thanks guys!!

whats up guys, im new to this site and im glad i found it..... i have found so much helpful info on this forum thanks for that!

I have been working with my local dealership, and i have sealed a deal on a 08 gt500 for $3000 over MSRP, should i move on this or wait it out?

The sells rep also claims that the price will go up as the weather warms, is this true or is he blowing smoke?

Also are people using this car as a everyday driver or what? i plan on keeping it forever, not re selling it.

Thanks guys!!

Welcome to the site Bigdraw.

You have to be comfortable with the deal you cut on your car. MSRP can be found in some areas but it is hit and miss. You might have to ship your car home too. The good weather ups the demand for adult play toys. This car to most of us is just that. A hobby. A passion to own a Shelby or a nice Mustang. There are a few daily drivers, but not many.

Again.....Welcome.

Thanks guys!!

Bigdraw, Welcome. $3,000 over is a fair price, but if you wait or shop around you may be able to get a better deal. Many of us have had our cars for a year or longer and paid the big ADM and took lots of heat from many. It all depends on your comfort level. My car was 1 of 61 in Performance White with Tungsten Stripes in 07, it was 1 of 15 to attend a GT500 40th Anniversary party with Carroll Shelby and he sat in my car and signed the dash. It was the first time in Shelby history that 15 owners picked up their cars on the same day. It is the 1st 40th Anniversary converted to full 725 HP SuperSnake performance upgrades. The first polished 725 HP Kenne Bell installed (it's almost on the street). None of this would have happeded had I waited for MSRP. It's all relative. Was it worth the ADM I paid? For me, the answer is simple. For you, I don't know, only you can answer that.

We are a mixed bag. Daily drivers and garage queens. Take you pick. I'm occasional, usually at least weekly and I do car shows.

Welcome aboard. You will learn plenty of stuff here.

cobrafan

I got mine for MSRP, but I'd have rather paid $3000 over MSRP than miss out on getting one. Who knows what will be available in the future? This car is a bargain, even at $3K over. It's the only car I've owned with a grin meter (they call it a boost pressure gauge). If you're comfortable about the price, I'd jump on it. I wouldn't wait a month if it's what you want.

I agree that prices will likely go up (or ADM's firm up) with warmer weather.

Mine is a semi-daily driver. If the weather is half-way decent, I'm driving it.

Ron

Archived