TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Found the right car covers for me

blueshawk

I bought a Noah material cover last year and it was nice but it didn't quite fit and it didn' keep the car dry. I just bought a Weathershield material cover made for the GT500 and it fits perfectly and keeps the car dry. This week the car had 3 inches of snow on it when I got home from work and all I hade to do is brush it off. The water just beads up on the cover and rolls right off. It's very light and compact when folded so it can go into my home washer. The Noah cover needed a commercial tumble washer. When acorn season arrives, I'll use both with the Noah on the bottom.

The Weathershield really keeps the car dry, yet it still breathes. Money well spent.

I bought a Noah material cover last year and it was nice but it didn't quite fit and it didn' keep the car dry. I just bought a Weathershield material cover made for the GT500 and it fits perfectly and keeps the car dry. This week the car had 3 inches of snow on it when I got home from work and all I hade to do is brush it off. The water just beads up on the cover and rolls right off. It's very light and compact when folded so it can go into my home washer. The Noah cover needed a commercial tumble washer. When acorn season arrives, I'll use both with the Noah on the bottom.

The Weathershield really keeps the car dry, yet it still breathes. Money well spent.

Good info! We often forget there are a lot of owners that don't have a garage and I know for some finding the right cover has been a concern.

Could you post the price and some information on where to buy/order?

Thanks!

-Jeff

Good info! We often forget there are a lot of owners that don't have a garage and I know for some finding the right cover has been a concern.

Could you post the price and some information on where to buy/order?

Thanks!

-Jeff

Bought both from

http://www.carcoversdirect.com/products/car_truck_covers/

When I bought the Noah cover last year I selected the one for the 2007 Shelby Gt. But that Covercraft P/N is no different than the reagular GT Mustang and so the cover doesn't fit the front fascia completely.

When I ordered the Weathershield cover I questioned the fit and they researched it and discovered that the GT500 is the one I needed and they were right. It fits perfectly!

Prices are on the site depending on the colors and markings you select.

I spoke to someone at carcoverdirect before I purchased my cover. They explained that the weathershield cover isn't suitable for all climates, because it doesn't breath well. I live in North Carolina and she said the Noah cover is better for my region. I would talk to them before you order. By the way, I ordered the GT500 cover for mine and it fits great! I also had them embroider "SHELBY GT" on the front of the cover. Sorry, no pics yet.

I spoke to someone at carcoverdirect before I purchased my cover. They explained that the weathershield cover isn't suitable for all climates, because it doesn't breath well. I live in North Carolina and she said the Noah cover is better for my region. I would talk to them before you order. By the way, I ordered the GT500 cover for mine and it fits great! I also had them embroider "SHELBY GT" on the front of the cover. Sorry, no pics yet.

I live in Virginia and my neighbor has a 2003 BMW M3 that has had the Weathershield cover on since it was new. It seems to breath well and keeps the car clean and dry. The Noah just doesn't do that.

I live in Virginia and my neighbor has a 2003 BMW M3 that has had the Weathershield cover on since it was new. It seems to breath well and keeps the car clean and dry. The Noah just doesn't do that.

I was just passing along information I obtained from Car Cover World. :)

For indoor storage, I just received my Dustop cover ordered from Griots Garage. I get all my products from them. Great fit - they have a model specifcally for the Shelby GT. Had my CSM # embroidered on the rear in blue. Probably can find Dustops from other dealers - the SGT pattern is a great fit. Seems like a very breathable material, yet padded to help protect against bumps.

Griots Garage Dustop Cover

i dont have a car cover.

i have ice-cicles hanging off my SGT...freezing rain last night. it was completely covered with ice

would this work in freezing rain or would it accumulate?

I have freezing rain on the car now and the ice is not accumulating. It's just sitting in clumps on top of the cover because it can't stick. When I picked the cover up and give it a shake, the ice flies off. The car is dry underneath!

Really! The best money I've spent on a cover.

Archived