TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Throttlebodies...

Morning folks. Does anyone in here know if the throttlebodies between the GT's and the GT500's are the same size, are interchangable and lastly, does Ford make a larger throttlebody that will fit the GT's 4.6? No aftermarket, has to be a Ford P/N assy, if it exists. Also, same question for a MAF assy. Thanks in advance folks!

I haven't looked but my guess if there were such a thing it would be highlighted in the Ford Racing catalog. Have you looked there?

http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/catalogs.asp

I've heard of people replacing the stock 65mm with a 70mm. But I don't think it was a Ford part. I also seem to remember that it's harder to go larger as even the 75mm is simply too big for the stock intake and heads. I might be wrong though this is all from memory and mine is fading.

-Jeff

Morning folks. Does anyone in here know if the throttlebodies between the GT's and the GT500's are the same size, are interchangable and lastly, does Ford make a larger throttlebody that will fit the GT's 4.6? No aftermarket, has to be a Ford P/N assy, if it exists. Also, same question for a MAF assy. Thanks in advance folks!

The 4.6L 3V and 5.4L 4V throttle bodies do not appear to be interchangeable. If you look at the attached Ford Service Manual diagrams you can see the intake manifold openings are different. Ford Racing Performance Parts does not offer a larger throttle body for the stock 4.6L 3V intake manifold.

Only one MAF part number is referenced in the service manual so, in theory, they are interchangeable.

4.6L_3V_Throttle_Body.pdf 5.4L_4V_Throttle_Body.pdf MAF_Sensor.pdf

4.6L_3V_Throttle_Body.pdf

5.4L_4V_Throttle_Body.pdf

MAF_Sensor.pdf

The 4.6L 3V and 5.4L 4V throttle bodies do not appear to be interchangeable. If you look at the attached Ford Service Manual diagrams you can see the intake manifold openings are different. Ford Racing Performance Parts does not offer a larger throttle body for the stock 4.6L 3V intake manifold.

Only one MAF part number is referenced in the service manual so, in theory, they are interchangeable.

4.6L_3V_Throttle_Body.pdf 5.4L_4V_Throttle_Body.pdf MAF_Sensor.pdf

Thanks guys, I did look thru the Racing catalog and didn't see a replacement in there, but, doesn't mean it has to be a racing catalog part to be a replacement either. Sometimes it's one of those coincidental findings that one part may also work on another model engine too. I appreciate your time and inputs! Russ

Archived