TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR sold for less than the 07 GT500???

Any thoughts and why it sold so low??

So low???

It's not going to be the very first KR built but the first KR available to the public. So how many KR's will be built before it? 5, 10, 20???

In fact we saw more than one of these at BJ this week. While one was out on display we walked by a Ford truck out back that had another one in it.

Just trying to keep things in perspective.

Steve

So low???

It's not going to be the very first KR built but the first KR available to the public. So how many KR's will be built before it? 5, 10, 20???

In fact we saw more than one of these at BJ this week. While one was out on display we walked by a Ford truck out back that had another one in it.

Just trying to keep things in perspective.

Steve

Perspective, absolutely.

I think the low part was a reference to the 07GT500 commanding an additional 100k. Certainly not low however.

I was expecting closer to, if not over, $1Mill (using the GT500 at $600K for reference). I too was shocked that the bidding petered out at such a low level. Maybe ADM's will drop on the KR if this is any indicator!

The selling price helps the average consumer who wants to buy this car, FACT. I am thrilled for the charity who will get the proceeds, thank you Mr. Pratt.

+1....great for the consumer. Especially with all of the speculation of 100k ADM's. Now there is a benchmark.

Wow!!!! $100k ADM????

I'm trying to think of any recent car that had one for that much?

What did the dealers try to add to the Ford GT?

Steve

I think there are some other members that can speak to this better than I but there were a few posts with those types of #'s thrown around. Specualtion of course but I think they were out there. Maybe some European brokers trying to get their hands on one? I thought that was the discussion.

I was expecting closer to, if not over, $1Mill (using the GT500 at $600K for reference). I too was shocked that the bidding petered out at such a low level. Maybe ADM's will drop on the KR if this is any indicator!

I thought the same thing. I can only imagine this will affect thr ADM's. Good...screw those greedy dealer turds. :happy feet:

Im only shocked cuz I thought there was more than one collector out there...but I guess I was wrong!

It is not the fact that it is the first kr, but it was the onlky one with the glass roof...surely that adds a premium...throw in a pace car opportunity at THE nascar event, and a one of a kind fender gt500kr guitar that i personally am drooling over...and this was a GREAT deal.

I mean wow...I thought patrick dempsey would have jumped on that...what was that, like pay for one episode?

I think perhaps that most real collectors knew no matter what they bid that Ron Pratte was going to buy it at any cost and just didn't bother trying.

+1. I think Ron Pratte would have gone higher but did not have to. I also think that the "low" price for the KR vs the GT500 2 years ago (and also the SGT of last year) also reflects that fact that, judging buy the whole Barrett Jackson auctin so far,the collector car market is a bit weaker than it was the past couple of years. There overall sales total will be down compared to last year and for the first time since 2004, no car has sold for 2 million $ or more.

I think perhaps that most real collectors knew no matter what they bid that Ron Pratte was going to buy it at any cost and just didn't bother trying.

Exactly, (I say this in jest), but Ron Pratt (gotta love 'em, whatever he does for a living, he does it very well!) is the human equivilant of ADM, if there is any interesting Shelby out there, he'll get it, at any cost, so he just wait in the wings, and then throws down the knock-out bid...good night...thanx for coming...see ya next year...

Guest markham51
One first needs to consider the overall picture here in regards to the number of Shelby Mustang editions and the total unit volumes to date with no definitive endpoint or limit in sight. Sure, 1,000 KRs for 08. How many for 09, 10, 11, 12, and beyond. There will likely be enhanced KR editions sooner than later, Super KR, KR 600, Super KR 650, etc. The guys who have the means to collect or speculate in these items are aware of this and its effect on both current and future value.

The concept that is likely at work here is dilution. Dilution refers to a diminished percentage and therefore value as more units are continuosly added to the existing population. The similar effect is seen in the stock market as company XYZ introduces more new shares with the effect being a lower value of all individual shares at that point.

50-100 thousand ADMs for the current KR make interesting internet chat but have little chance of being a benchmark outside of the early deliveries. Anyone who believes that all 1,000 units will sell for double their sticker price likely never expected the current GT500 edition to sell at or below MSRP.

The 2008 KR is gorgeous and quite desireable. Each and every Shelby badged Mustang will see its individual popularity and value fade as the Ford/SAI team continues to dilute the market with subsequent editions in the foreseeable future.

+1

Lots of Shelby models out there now. No doubt more to come. Dilution is a factor for sure. Dont forget, there are new kids on the block soon....Camaro, Challenger etc. It takes the edge off a bit in my opinion. You can see the effect on Mustang sales already. Mr P paid what he had to, everyone knows he was going to buy the car, he has everything else Shelby has sold recently, no need to bid really.

I thought the KR would go for at least 650K, but like most, everyone knew Pratt was going to buy it and didn't bid it up on him, hoping he'd do likewise for someone else, big time bidder courtesy I guess, just like on the ZR1, that fellow made it known from get go he was taking it. I think one of the better deals of the day was the Miami Vice offshore package.

Just got in from BJ. This year's event was bizzarro world, and everyone there was saying the same. Cars that should have gone big didn't, and those that one would shouldn't; did.

Example: Why the hell did a clone Batmoble (even though the clone was 1,000% nicer than the George Barris original) went for $185,000 and a pristine 68' GT500 went for $85,000???

Everything there was wack! Oh BTW, the POS "Blastoline Special" came back to the paddock after being hammered for $475,000 with a severe coolant leak pouring out from a CRACK IN IT'S ENGINE BLOCK! Randy Grubb (the builder) listened to all the lushes that hang around that place and actually believed their BS that the car would go for 3.5 to 4 million; what a fool!

I was on stage with the KR, and everytime there was a pause in the bidding, everyone would look over to Ron to see what he was going to do next. There was also a young man on stage that was keeping the pace up to about $435,000, and took it up to $435,000 from $410,000 after Carroll agreed to autograph his hat and sell it with the car for $25,000, but in the end Big Ron took the cheese.

I have many, many photos of the KR and Carroll's red and white 69' 500 too. I'll try getting a few posted here later today.

One last quickie.... Carroll's clearly tired and not feeling well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything dramatic or anything like that, but it's clear that he was not feeling all that great yesterday; you could hear it in his voice. Let's all keep the good thoughts that he feels better soon. Carroll is really a sweet man that's loved by many.

One last quickie.... Carroll's clearly tired and not feeling well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything dramatic or anything like that, but it's clear that he was not feeling all that great yesterday; you could hear it in his voice. Let's all keep the good thoughts that he feels better soon. Carroll is really a sweet man that's loved by many.

Carroll has good days and bad days but these past two weeks in my opinion were too much for him. It was sad to see him strain just to stand at the podium which is why he sat most of the time.

Carroll wasn't at BJ only last night but was also there for Mondays night gala event. I wish he had stayed home for Mondays gala and got more rest before flying in Saturday.

We all love to see Carroll but we need to start considering his health. If we don't we may not have him around as much as we would all like too.

Steve

Carroll has good days and bad days but these past two weeks in my opinion were too much for him. It was sad to see him strain just to stand at the podium which is why he sat most of the time.

Carroll wasn't at BJ only last night but was also there for Mondays night gala event. I wish he had stayed home for Mondays gala and got more rest before flying in Saturday.

We all love to see Carroll but we need to start considering his health. If we don't we may not have him around as much as we would all like too.

Steve

Clearly Carroll needs his rest. This has been a very hectic and busy two weeks for sure. He attended his 85th party at Shelby Autos on Friday, then Saturday was track day autograph session, Sunday rest, then Monday the Gala event and then the BJ appearances. This would be overwhelming for anyone not feeling well, never mind Carroll at age 85. I hope he gets some restful days, so he can get back to his 'ole Shelby self.

Neil

Guest markham51
Just got in from BJ. This year's event was bizzarro world, and everyone there was saying the same. Cars that should have gone big didn't, and those that one would shouldn't; did.

Example: Why the hell did a clone Batamoble (even though the clone was 1,000% nicer than the George Barris original) went for $185,000 and a pristine 68' GT500 went for $85,000???

Everything there was wack! Oh BTW, the POS "Blastoline Special" came back to the paddock after being hammered for $475,000 with a severe coolant leak pouring out from a CRACK IN IT'S ENGINE BLOCK! Randy Grubb (the builder) listened to all the lushes that hang around that place and actually believed their BS that the car would go for 3.5 to 4 million; what a fool!

I was on stage with the KR, and everytime there was a pause in the bidding, everyone would look over to Ron to see what he was going to do next. There was also a young man on stage that was keeping the pace up to about $435,000, and took it up to $435,000 from $410,000 after Carroll agreed to autograph his hat and sell it with the car for $25,000, but in the end Big Ron took the cheese.

I have many, many photos of the KR and Carroll's red and white 69' 500 too. I'll try getting a few posted here later today.

I have watched most all of the auction over the past couple of days. (Thank you Tivo and the fast forward button) Its obvious that the BJ auction is really mostly about muscle cars and anyone expecting to get anything near "expected value" for cars older than 1950 had better look elsewhere! Another good example is the Deusenberg that went for 1 mil when the expected price was around 1.6M. Boomers could care less about those old cars (in general) and if I was a collector i would be selling these vinages right now while there are still a few people (alive) who care to own them at those kind of prices.

Archived