TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 vs. Cobra side snake emblems

It is big but I kinda like them that way I'd personally go with side strip delete and have the snake as the only thing on the side of the car. I'm a low key person on stuff like that to me with other Mustangs having side strip options it blends in to much having side and lemans stripes.

I want exhaust note and clean looks to draw attention, also a lot of tire smoke too :D

I would like to pull all of the Snakes and just make it look like a GT to the untrained eye but doubt I will.....I've always been a fan of the sleepers which is what made that stupid Mustang II I had so much fun. It was a POS in primer but had a 302 and was a tiny car so not much weight. It was a blast to blow away IROC's in (remember those Italian Retard Out Cruisin') Sorry had to say it. It always made me laugh. Throw a super pack on one of these and hide it as a GT = a lot of fun!

Check out the 2007 GT500 side fender snake emblems vs. the SVT Cobra ones:

post-2-1149569768_thumb.jpg

The GT500's are HUGE!

If this is a indication of power, I'd love to see what the KR version Snake's size will be!! Maybe like the size of the old "screamin' chicken" on the hoods of old T/A's?? :hysterical:

If this is a indication of power, I'd love to see what the KR version Snake's size will be!! Maybe like the size of the old "screamin' chicken" on the hoods of old T/A's?? :hysterical:

More like an indication of weight :) Big fat snake = big fat GT500. Sorry, had to say it.

More like an indication of weight :) Big fat snake = big fat GT500. Sorry, had to say it.

It's ok. She know's she's a bit "candy coated" but likes the way it makes her ride!

Like former Gov. Jesse Ventura was quoted as saying, "I'm fat, sassy and happy!"

Hey KB67 and Iceman... I too go for the 'sleeper' look -- understgated, clean. When I ordered my 68, I started with the basic fastback and opted in everything mechanical that the GT had (engine, handling pkg, BW top-loader 4spd, etc) except for the BIG eye-catching C-stripe that the GT had on the sides. I was even tempted to pull the side engine badges, but didn't. Of course, when some dude offered me all the '68 Shelby GT500 body panels (including the rear lights and sequencer) in gunmetal blue (same color) for $50, how could I refuse?!!! She was $3006 out the door (with destination)! What a friggin' bargain...

For an additional $1,600 I could have opted for the 427 -- it did cross my mind but I was barely 20 and my Dad was cosigning my loan, so didn't happen. I think I read only 6 or 7 eve shipped with the 427 and supposedly none are known to exist today. Then again if I had gotten that mutha, I might not be here today either ;-)

Archived