TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Member and new SGT

´08/SGT Dude

Hi Folks,

I´m new in this community and want to introduce myself real quick. I´m Benny, 25 years old and live in New Mexico. In fact i´m german( so my englisch is not that good) and stationed with the German Air Force on Holloman AFB.

I got my Shelby GT on thursday the 10th and i´m still more than excited. I guess that i´m fallen in love :dreamy: ( hope my girlfriend doesn´t read this)

But let me show you some pictures...

post-11639-1200787370_thumb.jpg

post-11639-1200787442_thumb.jpg

post-11639-1200787370_thumb.jpg

post-11639-1200787442_thumb.jpg

:happy feet: Willkommen! Sehr nettes Auto, das Sie dort haben! Wieviel längeres wird Sie stationierte hier? Ist es einfach, das Auto zurück zu Deutschland zu holen? Wieder Willkommen und entschuldigen bitte meinen übersetzten Deutschen.

--------------------

<<Welcome! Very nice car you have there! How much longer will you stationed here? Will it be easy to bring the car back to Germany? Again welcome and please excuse my translated German.>>

-jeff

Hey Jeff,

your german isn´t that bad. I understand what you wrote. I´m stationed here until September this year. It should be no problem to get the car to Germany. Ill put it in a container and the German Gov. will pay for it. The only problem can be the registration in Germany, because the car must be modded to go through the german rules. But I hope it wont be that bad.

Benny

Hey Jeff,

your german isn´t that bad. I understand what you wrote. I´m stationed here until September this year. It should be no problem to get the car to Germany. Ill put it in a container and the German Gov. will pay for it. The only problem can be the registration in Germany, because the car must be modded to go through the german rules. But I hope it wont be that bad.

Benny

Hey Benny,

Glad to hear it. If I remember you need the rear lights replaced right? Not sure about the other stuff. Cool that the Gov will pick up the tab! I've been to Germany a few times and always had fun. Good luck!

Bis wir wieder sprechen!

-jeff

@AFBlue

I´m the guy who aksed for military discounts in the other forum. My CSM# is 08SGT1335. Which mods did you got on your SGT?

@ Jeff

Where hav eyou been in Germany? Yeah you´re right need to replace the rear lights and maybe need to get a leveling for the headlightsand i guess some more stuft, then Germany is a kinda crazy with all those things. Sadly.

@AFBlue

I´m the guy who aksed for military discounts in the other forum. My CSM# is 08SGT1335. Which mods did you got on your SGT?

@ Jeff

Where hav eyou been in Germany? Yeah you´re right need to replace the rear lights and maybe need to get a leveling for the headlightsand i guess some more stuft, then Germany is a kinda crazy with all those things. Sadly.

I've been to Berlin and Frankfurt, and the German side of Switzerland! ;-)

@AFBlue

Can you please send me a picture of your lower grill with the fog lights. I think about to add it the next months.

You have a sister in Bremerhaven, that´s cool. I´ve been stationed there in 1999 during my time in the Navy.

Where can I find out when my car was built, when it left the Ford plant and when it was converted at SAI?

@AFBlue

Can you please send me a picture of your lower grill with the fog lights. I think about to add it the next months.

You have a sister in Bremerhaven, that´s cool. I´ve been stationed there in 1999 during my time in the Navy.

Where can I find out when my car was built, when it left the Ford plant and when it was converted at SAI?

front1024x764.jpg

DSC01858.jpg

Ford factory dates can be found here.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/index...showtopic=14397

Follow directions in post #1.

For the SAI dates, I'm not sure you can get these. The only reason I know them was because I was in constant contact with SAI during this period and they would give me updates as my car went through the process.

CMS: 07SGT3504 (Missouri)

White 5-Speed

Purchased: July 12, 2007

Purchased from Texas Motors Ford, Fort Worth, TX

welcome pony

congrats on the car

i would recomend starting youre own thread so you get more views.

oh and throw up some pics while youre at it.

Welcome SGT Dude!

My daughter is going to University in Frankfurt and is studying comparative literature. She loves Germany and wants to live there permanently.

Will you have to put the side marker lights on? I can't remember if the amber lights at the side of the front fender will be enough.

Have you gone to White Sands an hour before sunup and just watched the sunrise? That's on my "must do" list every time I'm in southern New Mexico. Cloudcroft is a great place to go in the summer to escape the heat and smell the pines.

Are you still flying the Tornado?

Have fun in New Mexico. Great place to drive the Shelby :superhero:

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys,

sry for being away so long. But now i´m back.

@moabman: I need to do some work on the sidemarkers in the front. Because it is not allowed to have the parkinglight and turnsignal in one. So i guess i´ll use some aftermarket markers with two bulbs. Hope it is good enought for the TüV (technical inspection agency)

I haven´t been in White Sands for a while but i´ll go there soon to get some pictures. And you´re right Cloudcroft is a good place to escape from everything.

Where to you live? Ähm, and no i´n not flying Tornados. I´m just a technician;)

@captdave: I hope i will have some fun on the Autobahn and also on the twisting roads:)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Welcome & congrats on your new gorgeous Shelby.

I didnt realize the German Air Force was stationed here.

You can always learn a little bit more ;);)

The GAF has a training center on Holloman since 1996. But german pilotsw were also trained on the F4 Phantom since i dunno the 70´s.There was also a Training center in Goosebay Canada. :talkhand::speedie:

Sincerely

Benny

• 2 weeks later...

Archived