TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby in a bubble

cobraracing

th_DSC_0003.jpg

Car Capsule brand #CC16 16" Indoor 16'x72"x68" $359

I just ordered that exact same model. Thanks for your help. One more question. How much room do you have on each end? It looks like 6-8 inches.

Here is my order contents.

ORDER CONTENTS:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION QTY UNIT PRICE AMOUNT

CC16 Indoor Car Capsule 16', (192"L x 72"W x 68"H) 1 $358.00 $358.00

SUBTOTAL: $358.00

SHIPPING, HANDLING & INSURANCE: $25.00

TOTAL: $383.00

Also here is the linky. Is it the same as yours ?

http://www.carcapsules.com/index.html

It looks like it, I have the box in the garage and will have a look in the morning for the part # (-13C right now outside)

I just ordered that exact same model. Thanks for your help. One more question. How much room do you have on each end? It looks like 6-8 inches.

Here is my order contents.

ORDER CONTENTS:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION QTY UNIT PRICE AMOUNT

CC16 Indoor Car Capsule 16', (192"L x 72"W x 68"H) 1 $358.00 $358.00

SUBTOTAL: $358.00

SHIPPING, HANDLING & INSURANCE: $25.00

TOTAL: $383.00

Also here is the linky. Is it the same as yours ?

http://www.carcapsules.com/index.html

It was cold when I opened the box and had to stretch the cover out and didnt want to do it over the car in case it got scuffed or scratched

It would have looked cool under the bubble though

Next year it should be ok without the cover

Better safe than crying......... :cry:

How come your using your car cover with the bubble ?

It was cold when I opened the box and had to stretch the cover out and didnt want to do it over the car in case it got scuffed or scratched

It would have looked cool under the bubble though

Next year it should be ok without the cover

Better safe than crying......... :cry:

Did you get the 16 foot long one like Blueovalkid ?

Car Capsule brand #CC16 16" Indoor 16'x72"x68"

Part # PDKCC18, 18' cover

I braved the -13 weathere just for you Grabber :hysterical:

I bought it from another member that sold his Shelby and never used it

Thanks for checking for me.

I ordered the one Blueovalkid ordered.

I hope it fits.

You obviously have to roll the plastic bubble across the car and zip it up before you inflate it. I just wasnt comfortable doing this on the paint, so I put the cover on first.

I've been using the car capsules for 10 years, Here is a small tip.

Set the bubble up empty and inflate it for an hour or so first.

This stretches it out and makes it more plyable.

Then unzip it and pull the car in, 2 people one at each end can flip the cover over the car without any damage.

Alan

I went out and double checked just to be sure, and I in fact have the 16' CC16. I have 6" to 8" clearance at the tightest point. I think it is a perfect fit, I am very happy with the bubble. Here is a second pic.

th_DSC_0004-1.jpg

Blueovalkid,

Thanks for double checking the size and helping me order the right one. I did not want a extra big one. I drug my feet on buying it this year because I kept thinking that my car was going to have to go to the dealer for the tranny work any day. Well that drug on for months. We still have several months of nasty cold weather, so I may use it for 2 months this year, but next year my car will go to sleep for several months at a time.

ati,

Thanks for the tip. Is yours in the bubble now ?

Don't rub it in or we are going to ship some of our white stuff your way........ :hysterical2:

Boy, am I glad I live in Houston! I think I would absolutely die if I had to bubble up my baby for the winter :( We just did an over 200 mile cruise with the local cobra club yesterday.

can you keep a battery tender in there while it is on the bubble.

Thats an excellent point. If you keep your car in the bubble untill spring without a battery tender , the battery will surly become discharged Can a tender be placed in the bubble without breaking the seal and letting the air out?

Thats an excellent point. If you keep your car in the bubble untill spring without a battery tender , the battery will surly become discharged Can a tender be placed in the bubble without breaking the seal and letting the air out?

Yes you can. I have left my zippers cracked open 3" before w/o it deflating. plus you can order their battery tender kit that connects to the A/C outlet & the battery. If the electric goes out due to a power outage the cars battery will keep it inflated up to a week & then when the power comes back on it will charge the battery back up.

I bought mine last year to keep the mice out of it after I caught one in the trunk. somehow that little :censored: thing got around all my mouse traps set by each tire of the car & found his way into my stash of car cleaning micro fiber towels & my clay bar. Needless to say, the mouse is no longer speedie gonzolas, he's now :rip:

Archived