TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Barrett Jackson Selby Mustangs

shelby tom

Just curious what others think about this...I did a quick scan of the sold cars (so far, thru Friday) and my read is tat values for the older vintage shelby mustangs has softened considerably comared to a year or two ago....wondering if all the new offerings and hype asociated with the GT, Hertz cars, GT500, KR, SS, etc. (and now you can even get a "restomod" terlingua mustang with a Shelby VIN and in the registry??) is hurting values of the classic shelbys.

Just curious what others think about this...I did a quick scan of the sold cars (so far, thru Friday) and my read is tat values for the older vintage shelby mustangs has softened considerably comared to a year or two ago....wondering if all the new offerings and hype asociated with the GT, Hertz cars, GT500, KR, SS, etc. (and now you can even get a "restomod" terlingua mustang with a Shelby VIN and in the registry??) is hurting values of the classic shelbys.

Good question

It may widen the margin on the restos and recreations but I don't think it will hurt the originals IMO

The economy may play a part \also if you look at the amount of rare Shelby's vs the low number of other "Rare" muscle cars, the Shelby's are quite plentiful, I think that may drive the valu down a bit

After watching every single hour so far this week, the MOPARs & HEMIs have lost value & even the SPEED TV folks made comments that the FORD MUSCLE CARS are holding up or even going up more in value as to years past. Remember the Best & Rarest cars are saved for Friday & Saturday when they (BJ) know the BIG :spend: Money shows up play

• 2 weeks later...

I have video-taped the last five years of B.J. and kept highlite tapes from all years. It is interesting to go back and compare. I did notice a California Special that sold for $40,000 this year sold for $49,000 a couple years ago. It was the very same car, it looked like a light green car with Shelby 10-spokes on it.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived