TEAM SHELBY FORUM

For all of my fellow SGT owners who couldn't go to the b-day bash!

66DNA

Hi everyone! Special "hello" wicked!

I've watched this video - simply taken from our digtal camera! about a dozen times. For those of you who were there - I think that you'll agree that watching this video really brings back the essence of the night: seeing Mr. Shelby so happy - so appreciative - so in his element!

As I listened to Don "the snake" Prudhomme, Tom Yeager, Bill Neale et al, tell their war stories of yesteryear- all of us intently listened to each and every word - while Mr. Shelby sat back in his chair chuckling at the memories!

It was special.

Hi everyone! Special "hello" wicked!

I've watched this video - simply taken from our digtal camera! about a dozen times. For those of you who were there - I think that you'll agree that watching this video really brings back the essence of the night: seeing Mr. Shelby so happy - so appreciative - so in his element!

As I listened to Don "the snake" Prudhomme, Tom Yeager, Bill Neale et al, tell their war stories of yesteryear- all of us intently listened to each and every word - while Mr. Shelby sat back in his chair chuckling at the memories!

It was special.

I can only imagine.

That reminded me of a dinner i went to years ago. and the main spokes person was Mario Andretti. Just listening to the stories he would tell and experiances he had, like in Formula 1 , Le Mans, ect...

It was so captvating, that you were hangin on every word. I can only imagine how great that party was. Never thought of crashing it, just not that kind of guy, but next time, i maxin the credit card......

I can only imagine.

That reminded me of a dinner i went to years ago. and the main spokes person was Mario Andretti. Just listening to the stories he would tell and experiances he had, like in Formula 1 , Le Mans, ect...

It was so captvating, that you were hangin on every word. I can only imagine how great that party was. Never thought of crashing it, just not that kind of guy, but next time, i maxin the credit card......

Well, in all honesty, I'd have to say that the "crashers" were pretty close to spoiling much of the actual b-day party dinner portion of the event. Simply not enough tables & chairs...and to run out of food? Well, it wasn't the event organizers fault.

My wife and I were VERY lucky to have been online at the moment the tickets went for sale. It was a little like winning a lottery or something. But crashing? Nah, not classy.

Archived