TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood won't latch

MY500SS

I jacked up the front passenger side of my GT500 to remove the tire. I used the notch just behind the front tire as a lifting point as explained in the manual. After I finished working I lowered the car down and tried to close the hood but it won't latch. Everything looks good and nothing is obstructing the hood.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Dan

I jacked up the front passenger side of my GT500 to remove the tire. I used the notch just behind the front tire as a lifting point as explained in the manual. After I finished working I lowered the car down and tried to close the hood but it won't latch. Everything looks good and nothing is obstructing the hood.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Dan

Do you have any mods? Have you removed your strut bar? Have you rolled the car forward or backwards slightly? Appears the body is in a bind....I'd roll it a bit and jounce the front end.

Do you have any mods? Have you removed your strut bar? Have you rolled the car forward or backwards slightly? Appears the body is in a bind....I'd roll it a bit and jounce the front end.

No mods. Strut bar has not been removed. Jack was placed just behind the front tire as explained in the owners manual. I pulled the front tire to get at the radio antenna. I'll move her around some to see if that helps.

Thanks,

Dan

Any ideas ?

Thanks,

Dan

Not to be condescending, but have you tried dropping it from a higher starting point? When I got my car, I was trying to be careful at first. I tried closing the hood gently and it didn't work either. I now just drop it from about >24" high. Maybe also look at your hood "bumpers" (I don't know the official name) at the front of the engine bay to see if they were somehow adjusted higher.

I got her to latch by lowering the 2 outside hood bumbers 1 1/2 turns. Not sure why this problem came up but I'll keep everyone posted on the fix.

Thanks for all your help.

Dan

Thanks for the update Dan. I remember back early on in production a few guys were saying that at high speeds their hood would flutter and they had to adjust these tighter....looks like you had to go the opposite way.

I got her to latch by lowering the 2 outside hood bumbers 1 1/2 turns. Not sure why this problem came up but I'll keep everyone posted on the fix.

Thanks for all your help.

Dan

Dan,

I am glad it was nothing major. wierd.

Archived