TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ignorant Owners

ilmor

I guess these guys just don't know much about our cars or more importantly what they represent. Nothing we can do about it. Lots of people out ther that need a little :finger::finger: every now and agian.

I enjoy my SGT and "fake" Daytona Coupe and don't care what anybody thinks or says.

Rich

I guess these guys just don't know much about our cars or more importantly what they represent. Nothing we can do about it. Lots of people out ther that need a little :finger::finger: every now and agian.

I enjoy my SGT and "fake" Daytona Coupe and don't care what anybody thinks or says.

Rich

+1

I want to see a pic of your "fake" daytona Coupe.............

Rich

Hey, we have something in common. I have a "fake" Daytona coupe also to go along with my "not real" GT-500.

What you did not see is his mod list for his GT. I mean the difference between his car and a SGT (stock for Stock) is about 25 RWHP, so if he got an aggressive tune and a bunch of other stuff....well no crap he would beat the SGT. Personally I do not think the SGT has to go fast.....It looks like a million bucks whether at a hundred or 5 MPH. He is making all the regular GT guys look like crap. Good comment to him Ed. I mean yes it is a kill but come on ......against a kid who obviously did not know what he was doing.........I would not count it.

Gib

What you did not see is his mod list for his GT. I mean the difference between his car and a SGT (stock for Stock) is about 25 RWHP, so if he got an aggressive tune and a bunch of other stuff....well no crap he would beat the SGT. Personally I do not think the SGT has to go fast.....It looks like a million bucks whether at a hundred or 5 MPH. He is making all the regular GT guys look like crap. Good comment to him Ed. I mean yes it is a kill but come on ......against a kid who obviously did not know what he was doing.........I would not count it.

Gib

Yea, I saw his mod list. The only thing better he had going for him was the gearing but, it was only 3.73. 3.55 to 3.73 is not that great for what he had. Good driver and the Shelby would walked on him, Not "Killed" him, but walked.......

Yea, I saw his mod list. The only thing better he had going for him was the gearing but, it was only 3.73. 3.55 to 3.73 is not that great for what he had. Good driver and the Shelby would walked on him, Not "Killed" him, but walked.......

Oh I missed the mod list.....I thought it was not shown. Like he was hiding that he was running a Whipple or something....That would not surprise me though..Have an SC'd stang and beat a N/A version of the same car then brag about it....

Gib

I too, missed the "mod list", but I'm not all that concerned about it either. When someone says "by ten car lengths", my BS meter pegs. Maybe it's a built car, or, an inexperienced oponent, maybe both. But "ten car lengths"? I stopped reading right there. The odor was so overpowering, I ran from the room choking on the stench, as well as LMAO at the foolishness of the brag.

I too, missed the "mod list", but I'm not all that concerned about it either. When someone says "by ten car lengths", my BS meter pegs. Maybe it's a built car, or, an inexperienced oponent, maybe both. But "ten car lengths"? I stopped reading right there. The odor was so overpowering, I ran from the room choking on the stench, as well as LMAO at the foolishness of the brag.

i think the kid forgot to read where it says "objects in mirror are closer than they appear"

:confused::idea:

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Don't know why everyone gets so hung up on the drag racing thing. These cars n/a weren't intended to be drag racers. If i wanted a stoplight killer i would have bought (or built ) something different, or got a S/C. These cars in n/a form imo were designed for the twisties. It's a drivers car for people who like road course competition, or in my case hitting the back roads.

No matter how fast you are, there is always going to be someone faster. It's all about money, how much you have, or how much you are willing to spend.

How fast can your wallet go?

There's an old saying about the car addiction..... spending money i don't have, on something i don't need, to impress people i don't even know.

Let people think what they want, doesn't bother me, i like my car and understand it's intended purpose. :beerchug:

my .02

Don't know why everyone gets so hung up on the drag racing thing. These cars n/a weren't intended to be drag racers. If i wanted a stoplight killer i would have bought (or built ) something different, or got a S/C. These cars in n/a form imo were designed for the twisties. It's a drivers car for people who like road course competition, or in my case hitting the back roads.

No matter how fast you are, there is always going to be someone faster. It's all about money, how much you have, or how much you are willing to spend.

How fast can your wallet go?

There's an old saying about the car addiction..... spending money i don't have, on something i don't need, to impress people i don't even know.

Let people think what they want, doesn't bother me, i like my car and understand it's intended purpose. :beerchug:

my .02

+1

Could not have said it better!

Thanks for the compliment. It's a Factory Five Coupe. It has a 351 Ford with GT-40 heads, cam and a bunch of other internal goodies (makes 425 dyno tested hp at the crank). It has a Tremec TKO 5 spd. trans, coil over shocks, IRS w/ 3.73 gears, compomotive pin drive wheels and Dunlop SP-8000 rubber. The interior is all exposed aluminum with leather covered vintage buckets. The car was built with all new parts. Manual steering and brakes. No air, no radio, just stereo 4 into 2 side pipes the way I think it was meant to be.

It was fun and challenging to build and just as much fun to drive. Unfortunately there are a few uninformed inidivduals at shows that think it's a body kit on a 240-Z, Corvette or Mustang and a few other models I can't remember off hand. Just like our SGT's you have to laugh at the handful of individuals that seem to get some many guys on this site and few others so mad. When asked if it's real i always respond "it's real and original but not an original Shelby".

Rich

Fake or not, That is one Bitchen arse car my friend!!!!!!!!!! :headspin:

Thanks for the compliment. It's a Factory Five Coupe. It has a 351 Ford with GT-40 heads, cam and a bunch of other internal goodies (makes 425 dyno tested hp at the crank). It has a Tremec TKO 5 spd. trans, coil over shocks, IRS w/ 3.73 gears, compomotive pin drive wheels and Dunlop SP-8000 rubber. The interior is all exposed aluminum with leather covered vintage buckets. The car was built with all new parts. Manual steering and brakes. No air, no radio, just stereo 4 into 2 side pipes the way I think it was meant to be.

It was fun and challenging to build and just as much fun to drive. Unfortunately there are a few uninformed inidivduals at shows that think it's a body kit on a 240-Z, Corvette or Mustang and a few other models I can't remember off hand. Just like our SGT's you have to laugh at the handful of individuals that seem to get some many guys on this site and few others so mad. When asked if it's real I always respond "it's real and original but not an original Shelby".

Rich

I agree, the SGT has a specific goal in mind, and that goal is superior handling at speed.

Why do many get hung up on drag racing? Well, maybe because it's what they want to do?

It's just another style of competition, and if were were to examine other sports, we would find very small differences between other major sports.

NFL football vs. World Soccer...What's the difference? Ball is thrown, or, kicked in another pastel of "capture the flag" via a goal/touchdown, just slightly different rules. Likewise ice hockey, just on ice, skates and with sticks and a puck. But, the games are the same in their roots.

Maybe the SGT wasn't delivered with ideal drag racing capablities, but excels in road course and back road twisties. However, it still has a drag race performance index, and all other things being equal, it's just another game of capture the flag...

I agree, the SGT has a specific goal in mind, and that goal is superior handling at speed.

Why do many get hung up on drag racing? Well, maybe because it's what they want to do?

What i actually meant 07SGT4729 and maybe didn't clarify, was with the SGT in particular. It's not what the SGT was intended for imo. Cars that are pretty much meant for nothing but acceleration is what i have always had, but since i have grown older it's not my priority in a car anymore.

Archived