TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone with good connection with a Transport company

Joe Frito

I bought my '08 on December 31 and scheduled pickup and delivery with a transport company a couple of days after that. I am transporting the car from South Dakota to Montana, just to the US/Canadian border as I will be driving the car back to Canada. My problem is the transport company I hired still can't tell me when they will be picking up my car after 15 days and it is driving me nuts. The dealer is anxious to get the car off of their lot, and I am anxious to get the car home, so does anyone have connections or know of a good transport company that I can contact to see if someone else can move it quicker. I have been quoted from $700 - $2000 from the companies I have talked to already.

I bought my '08 on December 31 and scheduled pickup and delivery with a transport company a couple of days after that. I am transporting the car from South Dakota to Montana, just to the US/Canadian border as I will be driving the car back to Canada. My problem is the transport company I hired still can't tell me when they will be picking up my car after 15 days and it is driving me nuts. The dealer is anxious to get the car off of their lot, and I am anxious to get the car home, so does anyone have connections or know of a good transport company that I can contact to see if someone else can move it quicker. I have been quoted from $700 - $2000 from the companies I have talked to already.

I bought my 08 in August and had all kinds of trouble getting it transported. After four weeks of several disappointments and broken promises, I finally figured out what to do. I used uship.com, arranged a transporter in under 3 days, and had the car in one week. Wish I had thought of this sooner! My car came from the east coast and was delivered to North Dakota, at which point I picked it up and drove it home to Winnipeg. The cost was $1,000 for an enclosed trailer (this was a must for me), and the distance was over 1,200 miles. This was a very fair price and I'd highly recommend this option. If you want more info on how it works, send me a pm.

I bought my 08 in August and had all kinds of trouble getting it transported. After four weeks of several disappointments and broken promises, I finally figured out what to do. I used uship.com, arranged a transporter in under 3 days, and had the car in one week. Wish I had thought of this sooner! My car came from the east coast and was delivered to North Dakota, at which point I picked it up and drove it home to Winnipeg. The cost was $1,000 for an enclosed trailer (this was a must for me), and the distance was over 1,200 miles. This was a very fair price and I'd highly recommend this option. If you want more info on how it works, send me a pm.

I am going to have three cars I need hauled from MI to NV. Do they charge per car? and is there a dicsount for multiple cars? I have a Expedition, a Jag, and the Shelby.

Has anyone called the same company SAI has been using to transport the SGT's?

They are a little more pricy but good.

The company is FedEx Custom Critical which contracts to Passport Auto Transport. 800-325-4267

They can haul up to six cars enclosed.

I would think with all the SGT's they are delivering all over the country that they would have a truck near by that could pick a car up within a few days. But give them a call and see what they say.

I had excellent service with Dependable Auto Shippers, Inc. (DAS) when my Shelby GT500 was delivered.

They will give you a guaranteed pick-up date, that you set up, and a delivery date. You can also track movement of the car to your location.

You can choose to have the vehicle ride on the top or lower rails of the delivery truck (18 wheeler). You can pay extra and have the vehicle shipped inside an enclosed compartment.

There is a special calculator to calculate all your costs & the vehicle is insured. They are also the ones recommended by eBay Motors.

Site: http://www.dasautoshippers.com/ebay/

Toll-free: 866-327-3229

DAS is a CARRIER not a BROKER! What does this mean to you?

Cancellation Fees:

Most Brokers will charge a deposit and keep it if you cancel, even if they take too long to find a carrier!

DAS allows you to cancel 100% of your order at anytime prior to pick-up. No hidden fees or non-refundable deposits

Guaranteed Door Pick-up:

Many Brokers can’t guarantee a pick-up day – as a matter of fact, your vehicle may sit for days, maybe weeks before it is picked up possibly delaying your move or the arrival of your new car.

DAS can guarantee the day we will come and pick up your vehicle, need it tomorrow? No problem. We also offer over 95 convenient service centers where you can drop off and/or pick-up your vehicle at ANYTIME.

Door-to-Door Service:

Some Brokers will ask you to meet them at a nearby shopping center parking lot – sometimes in the middle of the night!

DAS will deliver your vehicle to your front door at a time convenient to you.

DAS is a CARRIER not a BROKER! DAS has been in business for over 50 years and ships over 100,000 vehicles each year – more than 10 times the volume of our closest competitor!

See also:

http://forum.teamshelby.com/forums/index.p...c=14635&hl=

I have my shipping confirmed!!!! I used Uship and had several bids, but I confirmed a bid with a company called Mazzalupo transport in an enclosed trailer. All feedback I have read has been positive, and I talked to them today and the owner seems like a very good guy. I guess I'll have to wait until I actually have the car, but I am supposed to have it this weekend. So I went from not having a clue on when my car would get here to getting it in less than a week.

I have my shipping confirmed!!!! I used Uship and had several bids, but I confirmed a bid with a company called Mazzalupo transport in an enclosed trailer. All feedback I have read has been positive, and I talked to them today and the owner seems like a very good guy. I guess I'll have to wait until I actually have the car, but I am supposed to have it this weekend. So I went from not having a clue on when my car would get here to getting it in less than a week.

Good for you! It's going to be the longest week of your life! :hysterical:

Let us know how it works out. Good luck.

If you run into any problems, I've use Reliable Transport at least 4 X, they have all enclosed transports, haul the new Vipers and Shelbys. VERY competent, but you do have to tie them down on timing. VERY professional, they won't put a driver on unless he has experience with that particular car. Hopefully everything will work out with your carrier, but just in case.

I had excellent service with Dependable Auto Shippers, Inc. (DAS) when my Shelby GT500 was delivered.

They will give you a guaranteed pick-up date, that you set up, and a delivery date. You can also track movement of the car to your location.

You can choose to have the vehicle ride on the top or lower rails of the delivery truck (18 wheeler). You can pay extra and have the vehicle shipped inside an enclosed compartment.

There is a special calculator to calculate all your costs & the vehicle is insured. They are also the ones recommended by eBay Motors.

Site: http://www.dasautoshippers.com/ebay/

Toll-free: 866-327-3229

DAS is a CARRIER not a BROKER! What does this mean to you?

Cancellation Fees:

Most Brokers will charge a deposit and keep it if you cancel, even if they take too long to find a carrier!

DAS allows you to cancel 100% of your order at anytime prior to pick-up. No hidden fees or non-refundable deposits

Guaranteed Door Pick-up:

Many Brokers can’t guarantee a pick-up day – as a matter of fact, your vehicle may sit for days, maybe weeks before it is picked up possibly delaying your move or the arrival of your new car.

DAS can guarantee the day we will come and pick up your vehicle, need it tomorrow? No problem. We also offer over 95 convenient service centers where you can drop off and/or pick-up your vehicle at ANYTIME.

Door-to-Door Service:

Some Brokers will ask you to meet them at a nearby shopping center parking lot – sometimes in the middle of the night!

DAS will deliver your vehicle to your front door at a time convenient to you.

DAS is a CARRIER not a BROKER! DAS has been in business for over 50 years and ships over 100,000 vehicles each year – more than 10 times the volume of our closest competitor!

We have used DAS in the past and found them to be very reliable and reasonable. Door to Door from Georgia to NY for enclosed was $1,000 each way, but their time frames were off I would use them again without question. We have also used another transporter Multi Biz Transport that works with several Ford dealerships, they are also out of Georgia - tel no. 404-557-8570 or email multibiz67@aol.com. Their drivers are very careful and inspect the cars thoroughly before they leave the dealerships. They were very prompt and reliable, depending on situation I would also use them again.

After gathering many quotes I used Select 1, off of Shelbyautos.com link page. They were 1600 for a enclosed truck from PA to Las Vegas. They were very friendly and helpful with setting everything up and making it possible for me not to have to take off from work.

After gathering many quotes I used Select 1, off of Shelbyautos.com link page. They were 1600 for a enclosed truck from PA to Las Vegas. They were very friendly and helpful with setting everything up and making it possible for me not to have to take off from work.

I bought my gt500 in fresno CA and live in Connecticut i asked my local ford dealer if they would accept my car direct from ford. They said yes for $400. The car will never see CA

I bought my gt500 in fresno CA and live in Connecticut i asked my local ford dealer if they would accept my car direct from ford. They said yes for $400. The car will never see CA

Interesting. I had a similar situation last fall. I bought my car in PA (off the showroom floor) and was going to have it delivered to a dealership in Minnesota close to the border where I was going to pick it up myself. All I was looking for was a place to meet the carrier where the driver could unload the car for me, where I would then proceed to drive ii home. In other words, all I wanted was a parking lot to unload my car, and the dealership in MN wouldn't have to do ANYTHING (no prep, no paperwork, nothing). I just figured that another Ford dealership would be the way to go. Anyway, my dealer in PA phoned the MN dealer to set up this arrangement. You guessed it, the MN dealership said yes, providing I paid $250 for "their trouble". Rest assured, I didn't persue this option, and I have since shared this story (complete with the MN dealer's name) to many people. Some people are just so greedy, it's pathetic.

Has anyone called the same company SAI has been using to transport the SGT's?

They are a little more pricy but good.

The company is FedEx Custom Critical which contracts to Passport Auto Transport. 800-325-4267

They can haul up to six cars enclosed.

I would think with all the SGT's they are delivering all over the country that they would have a truck near by that could pick a car up within a few days. But give them a call and see what they say.

I am using FedEx Custom Critical to ship my Shelby from Indiana to Colorado (enclosed) for $1143.00 which I thought was pretty reasonable. Half their fleet (28 trucks) were at Barrett-Jackson to haul all that loot home, so they still haven't ID'd a truck to go get my Shelby, but when I entered into the agreement they told me they would pick up between 28 Jan and 11 Feb. Quite a large window, but I am hoping it is sooner rather than later. I read some online reviews on them and the vast majority of them were good.

They should do it for free. Called "Courtesy Dropoff". I bought my from Michigan dealer before it came off assembly line, and they arranged to have Ford ship it Oklahoma, for no extra cost. Local dealer was glad to do it for me. All they asked is that I come pick it up immediately so they didn't have any liability. They even cleaned it up (not perfect, but not bad).

Frank

I used Intercity Lines from Phoenix to Oklahoma City. They do cars for all auctions and have a long list of celebrities who use them. Great, fast, only transport cars in horizontal position, max 6 per trailer, 3 up, 3 down. $1313, all enclosed, 1020 miles. Fedex was $100 cheaper, but would not guarantee that car would be transported in horizontal position versus regular car hauler. No thanks.

I used Intercity Lines from Phoenix to Oklahoma City. They do cars for all auctions and have a long list of celebrities who use them. Great, fast, only transport cars in horizontal position, max 6 per trailer, 3 up, 3 down. $1313, all enclosed, 1020 miles. Fedex was $100 cheaper, but would not guarantee that car would be transported in horizontal position versus regular car hauler. No thanks.

I asked Fed Ex about that and they told me that all they have in their fleet is enclosed, horizontal car haulers (3 up, 3 down). Interesting. All the Fed Ex trucks I saw out at Barrett-Jackson were the same kind.

Somebody's getting a :censored: whooping if that thing shows up not horizontal and enclosed.

I bought my 08 in August and had all kinds of trouble getting it transported. After four weeks of several disappointments and broken promises, I finally figured out what to do. I used uship.com, arranged a transporter in under 3 days, and had the car in one week. Wish I had thought of this sooner! My car came from the east coast and was delivered to North Dakota, at which point I picked it up and drove it home to Winnipeg. The cost was $1,000 for an enclosed trailer (this was a must for me), and the distance was over 1,200 mil. This was a very fair price and I'd highly recommend this option. If you want more info on how it works, send me a pm.

puoof y toho

""2008

Hey Scott: David, and I are very happy you were pleased with our service. What luck you had to take your "2008 Shelby GT" photo in front of the ""Welcome To Shelby" sign. Best wishes to you, your family and your new ride! Again, thank you for your business! Mary, MazzalupoCarriers.com "If It Rolls, We'll Roll It!" Office: 724 834 0857 Cell: 860 997 1587 :headspin:

I think you bought your car from Gary at Lithia. He's my Salesman too.

""2008

Hey Scott: David, and I are very happy you were pleased with our service. What luck you had to take your "2008 Shelby GT" photo in front of the ""Welcome To Shelby" sign. Best wishes to you, your family and your new ride! Again, thank you for your business! Mary, MazzalupoCarriers.com "If It Rolls, We'll Roll It!" Office: 724 834 0857 Cell: 860 997 1587 :headspin:

Anyone that is looking for a carrier with great personal service, give David or Mary a call. They made the whole process so easy, and looked after my Shelby like it was their own! Thanks again!!!!!

And yes it was very cool picking the car up in "Shelby" Here are some pics of the delivery, along with David and Mary from Mazzalupo Carriers. They are Corvette enthusiests, but had to admit the GT500 was a very sweet ride! I was originally sceptical about the crimson interior with vapor, but does it ever look good in person. It may also make this a fairly rare combo.

post-8158-1201927705_thumb.jpg

post-8158-1201927756_thumb.jpg

post-8158-1201927774_thumb.jpg

post-8158-1201927794_thumb.jpg

post-8158-1201928757_thumb.jpg

post-8158-1201928772_thumb.jpg

post-8158-1201927705_thumb.jpg

post-8158-1201927756_thumb.jpg

post-8158-1201927774_thumb.jpg

post-8158-1201927794_thumb.jpg

post-8158-1201928757_thumb.jpg

post-8158-1201928772_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Who did you talk with at your local dealer, and did they have any hangups at all with it? I am also buying in Fresno, CA and want to pick it up from a dealer in AZ.

Thanks,

Mike

They should do it for free. Called "Courtesy Dropoff". I bought my from Michigan dealer before it came off assembly line, and they arranged to have Ford ship it Oklahoma, for no extra cost. Local dealer was glad to do it for me. All they asked is that I come pick it up immediately so they didn't have any liability. They even cleaned it up (not perfect, but not bad).

Frank

Frank,

So, I should be able to get the dealer 3 miles from my house in AZ to accept delivery of the car I am buying from Lithia Ford in Fresno, CA? All I have to do is ask them about "Courtesy Dropoff", if I read your post correctly. Is there anywhere I can research this program on the Internet? I'm in Afghanistan for another month or so, and would like to save myself the drive or shipping cost from Fresno to AZ.

Thanks!

Mike

Fedex was $100 cheaper, but would not guarantee that car would be transported in horizontal position versus regular car hauler. No thanks.

I don't understand. How can a car be shipped in a non-horizontal manner? Are you talking about the steeply sloping ramps like on some new-car carriers?

Interesting. I had a similar situation last fall. I bought my car in PA (off the showroom floor) and was going to have it delivered to a dealership in Minnesota close to the border where I was going to pick it up myself. All I was looking for was a place to meet the carrier where the driver could unload the car for me, where I would then proceed to drive ii home. In other words, all I wanted was a parking lot to unload my car, and the dealership in MN wouldn't have to do ANYTHING (no prep, no paperwork, nothing). I just figured that another Ford dealership would be the way to go. Anyway, my dealer in PA phoned the MN dealer to set up this arrangement. You guessed it, the MN dealership said yes, providing I paid $250 for "their trouble". Rest assured, I didn't persue this option, and I have since shared this story (complete with the MN dealer's name) to many people. Some people are just so greedy, it's pathetic.

Update. My Shelby showed up on 19 Feb in prisitine shape. As soon as Fed Ex had the driver ID'd that would pick up my truck they gave me his cell phone number. When I called him he couldn't have been any nicer. He called me a couple of times to update his progess and I couldn't have been more pleased with the level of service I got.

I will use Fed Ex again for sure, adn would recommend them to anyone.

Here are some pics of it coming off the truck. They only ship enclosed and horizontal.

th_IMG_0558.jpg

th_IMG_0556.jpg

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott, how long did it take them to pick up your car once you called? And how many days was it in transit?

When I called them I was given a two week window in which they would pick up. They picked up on the last day within that window. They told me I was the 6th car on and would be the 6th car off. The driver left Indiana and went to Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, and finally to Colorado for my dropoff. Took him a week to do all that and again they delivered on the last day within in the window they gave me for delivery.

They are available 24/7 for any questions you may have, and like I said before they give you the drivers cell phone so you can call him directly for updates.

I was really impressed with the whole setup and will use them again.

The reason my arrival date at dealer and at home (in my signature line) don't match up with what I just explained, is that I was at Barrett-Jackson for 9-10 days (starting on the 11th), and didn't make any arrangement for shipment until I got home.

Hope this helps!

Scott

Archived