TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Removing plastic mirror from Visor

Grabber

I was told that the plastic mirror assembly popped right off the visor. I was going to take it to LV and have CS sign it. Instead I broke it getting it off. The plastic is fused to the metal and is delicate. :cry:

I now know how it comes off and I want to share it with you since it cost me $104 bucks to buy a new entire visor (they don't sell just the mirror). :rant:

My mistake was that I tried to pull the top of the mirror off. If you pry on the bottom, it will pop out easily. The bottom has round friction fit holes for the pegs to fit into. The top is hooked.

Here is a photo of the bottom hole that the pegs fit into and the top holes that the hooks fit into. So if you want to remove yours to send it in to get signed, pull on the bottom....not the top and it will come off easy.

misc160.jpg

misc161.jpg

I believe most folks just send the entire visor.

What I did was purchase another complete visor and sent it to the Carroll Shelby Children’s Foundation for Mr. Shelby's signature. You should be able to buy a new visor for less than $104. Direct Ford Parts.com (Gaudin) lists them for only $57.90 + shipping from LV. I have ordered parts from Direct Ford Parts and Team Ford; I am very happy with their service and prices. Finding the right part through their web site is quite the challenge sometimes, but it can be done. This should be a link directly to the visor:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...amp;catalogid=2

Wow, that's a great price. I already bought mine. :(

That's OK. I got a Tranny, clutch, flywheel, and some KY Jelly for free. :hysterical2:

You better check the date code on that KY if you got it for free; might not be too effective on the input shaft. :hysterical:

Yeah, i was wondering why you didn't just send the whole sunvisor to Shelby.

I sent out my passenger side airbag cover for a signature. I think it took about 3-4 weeks.

Well, I was going to bring it on the airplane with me and I wanted to downsize the carry on. I had read that it just popped off, and it does...but you have to pop the bottom off instead of the top. If you pull on the bottom....it will come right off. If you pull on the top it will break. The top has 2 small metal finger tabs that extend up into the visor hole that prevent it from popping off. Those 2 metal tabs will slide right down if you lift the bottom of the mirror off first.

The bottom of the mirror has 2 straight spikes like a big push pin and they just friction fit into a hole. They pull straight out if you apply some pressure on the bottom of the mirror.

I was told that the plastic mirror assembly popped right off the visor. I was going to take it to LV and have CS sign it. Instead I broke it getting it off. The plastic is fused to the metal and is delicate. :cry:

I now know how it comes off and I want to share it with you since it cost me $104 bucks to buy a new entire visor (they don't sell just the mirror). :rant:

My mistake was that I tried to pull the top of the mirror off. If you pry on the bottom, it will pop out easily. The bottom has round friction fit holes for the pegs to fit into. The top is hooked.

Here is a photo of the bottom hole that the pegs fit into and the top holes that the hooks fit into. So if you want to remove yours to send it in to get signed, pull on the bottom....not the top and it will come off easy.

misc160.jpg

misc161.jpg

Archived