TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY GT OWNERS, I HAVE A GRILLE QUESTION...

Flyingbadgers2001

Hello GT owners,

I am pretty new to this group I wanted to get some feedback from all of you SGT owners about a mod I was pondering.

Most of you by now have seen the CS6 or CS8 Mustang and know what the grille on the CS6/8 looks like and I was thinking about modifying my SGT billet grille with a CS6/8 grille. I very much aware that modifying a real Shelby could get harsh comments from the "Die Hard Shelby Folks" , But this CS6/8 grille mod can be removed and the original SGT grille can be reinstalled at a later date if so disired, so the car can still retain it's original look. I even photoshopped a before and after picture to give you an idea of what I was talking about.

I feel if I can get a sense of the "Inside" Shelby GT community opinon about this mod, it may sway me to persue it. Thanks in advance-FB

post-12648-1200619469_thumb.jpgpost-12648-1200619557_thumb.jpg

As you noted...as long as you save your original parts....you can always go back. And it is a Shelby part. Personally, I love the SGT billet grille and would not change it...but then I also don't want a spoiler that many others have added as well. Do what make YOU happy. You can't go wrong on this one.

It (the CS6/8) doesn't really do it for me, but it's all personal pref. I'm contemplating shoehorning in some take-off fog lights behind the Shelby grill, but I can see it will be really tight...

Stump_Breaker placed lights behind his grill. He gave us pretty detailed instructions but they are on the old forum. Send him a message he might be able to help you.

Hello GT owners,

I am pretty new to this group I wanted to get some feedback from all of you SGT owners about a mod I was pondering.

Most of you by now have seen the CS6 or CS8 Mustang and know what the grille on the CS6/8 looks like and I was thinking about modifying my SGT billet grille with a CS6/8 grille. I very much aware that modifying a real Shelby could get harsh comments from the "Die Hard Shelby Folks" , But this CS6/8 grille mod can be removed and the original SGT grille can be reinstalled at a later date if so disired, so the car can still retain it's original look. I even photoshopped a before and after picture to give you an idea of what I was talking about.

I feel if I can get a sense of the "Inside" Shelby GT community opinon about this mod, it may sway me to persue it. Thanks in advance-FB

I think it looks great on the black car.

I love it. Look in my photobucket site. There are a bunch of us with the grille.

Which grille do I use the V6 or the GT grille? I think the V6 grille is the one I use to modify, right? But will it fit proper in the SGT fascia correctly? I have seen past posts on the other forum site how you use a V6 grille to drill and cut in order to fit the PIAA lights and such. But that modified V6 was mounting on a CS6/8 lower fascia. I think I recall a fitment issue with GT grilles? "ShelbyGT/SC"-MFG-013 what grille is on your SGT? That will probably clear up my confussion? Thanks in advance Sir. - FB

Which grille do I use the V6 or the GT grille? I think the V6 grille is the one I use to modify, right? But will it fit proper in the SGT fascia correctly? I have seen past posts on the other forum site how you use a V6 grille to drill and cut in order to fit the PIAA lights and such. But that modified V6 was mounting on a CS6/8 lower fascia. I think I recall a fitment issue with GT grilles? "ShelbyGT/SC"-MFG-013 what grille is on your SGT? That will probably clear up my confussion? Thanks in advance Sir. - FB

Mine is the CS/8 upper grille. There were several of them installed before mine but I happened to have gotten the first 2008 model through lucky timing. The CS/8 grille already has the insert for the lights so no cutting needed. Simply order it from shelbyperformanceparts.com or call them. Ask for Keith or Randi and tell them Adam sent you. On their site it only shows the CS/6 grille which I'm told is the same and will fit. Double check with either of them. Good luck and post pics when finished.

Mine is the CS/8 upper grille. There were several of them installed before mine but I happened to have gotten the first 2008 model through lucky timing. The CS/8 grille already has the insert for the lights so no cutting needed. Simply order it from shelbyperformanceparts.com or call them. Ask for Keith or Randi and tell them Adam sent you. On their site it only shows the CS/6 grille which I'm told is the same and will fit. Double check with either of them. Good luck and post pics when finished.

Awesome Thanks! :headspin::headspin::headspin:

Hello GT owners,

I have NO problem wiht it! :dreamy:

Shelby019.jpg

Archived