TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FIRE EXTINGUISHER MOUNT

I AM GETTING MY 2007 SGT/SC READY FOR THE OPEN TRACK EVENTS. I NEED TO INSTALL A 2.5 POUND FIRE EXTINGUISTER WITH A METAL MOUNT IN THE CAR. I HAVE PURCHASE FIRE EXTINGUISHER OR HAVE I IDEA WHAT WOULD BE WORTHY

ANY IDEAS OR PICS OF WHAT YOU OR OTHERS HAVE DONE??

SHELBYGUY

I AM GETTING MY 2007 SGT/SC READY FOR THE OPEN TRACK EVENTS. I NEED TO INSTALL A 2.5 POUND FIRE EXTINGUISTER WITH A METAL MOUNT IN THE CAR. I HAVE PURCHASE FIRE EXTINGUISHER OR HAVE I IDEA WHAT WOULD BE WORTHY

SHELBYGUY

Check out Roush Trak Pac

63b1_4.jpg

SHELBYGUY

I also live in Santa Cruz and have an 08 sgt and have been open tracking with Nor cal Shelby club and green flag drivers association for a while. Back when I used to sell Halon part time for Safe craft, there was a company who made great brackets for hand held extinguishers that bolted to the front of the seat where it bolts to the tracks. That way it moves with the seat, is out of the way and you don't have to drill any holes. Make sure that your extinguisher not only has a metal bracket, but also a metal head. I had to fail a couple of car at last years Mini National event at Sears Point for plastic head on the extinguisher.

John(;-)

Archived