TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Best Color for new Shelby GT500

HotRodHarry

What is color do you want the GT500 to come in?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. What is color do you want the GT500 to come in?

• WHITE
    • BLACK
    • RED
    • MAROON
    • SONIC BLUE
    • DARK BLUE
    • LIGHT BLUE
    • LIGHT GREEN
    • DARK GREEN
    • SILVER
    • GREY
    • YELLOW
    • ORANGE

I know I will get flak for this but here is word from Kevin on the colors.  He has always been reliable on his information so those that want orange....rejoice!

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=38553

:D

817[/snapback]

Interesting! No flak here, brother! What's up with the silver, though? I was pretty hot for it, but I need to see these choices!

Me too!!!

Would you put stripes???  What colour?

KingCobra.

809[/snapback]

I think I would have to see the car in person to decide on the stripes. Since I don't want vinyl tape anyway, I could order the car, get it home and decide whether or not to put them on. If I did, I think I would go with ghosted stripes in a color very close to Tung....sten (whispering...saaaay it!!! :rolleyes: ). Nice subtle job that would only be clear from certain angles. And you???

I think I would have to see the car in person to decide on the stripes.  Since I don't want vinyl tape anyway, I could order the car, get it home and decide whether or not to put them on.  If I did, I think I would go with ghosted stripes in a color very close to Tung....sten (whispering...saaaay it!!!  :rolleyes: ).  Nice subtle job that would only be clear from certain angles.  And you???

934[/snapback]

Not that I don't see one as being better than the other, but what is your beef with vinyl? Will they fade, chip, sit high on the paint? All of the above?

I'm thinking FireRed (deep red) with white stripes, OR, possibly Tung....sten with white stripes. Oooohhhh, saaay it!!!

KingCobra.

Not that I don't see one as being better than the other, but what is your beef with vinyl?  Will they fade, chip, sit high on the paint?  All of the above?

I'm thinking FireRed (deep red) with white stripes, OR, possibly Tung....sten with white stripes.  Oooohhhh, saaay it!!!

KingCobra.

939[/snapback]

Hahaha! Red is nice, too! I had a '67 350 (white with blue stripes) and got the stripes painted. Vinyl can fade (dark colors). Many can make it 5-7years. I plan on keeping mine for a looong time. And, ghost stripes have to be painted as this isn't available in vinyl. And yes, sometimes vinyl does crack (in time). B)

Personal chice, ya know? By my estimates, vinyl would cost about $500-$700, and paint about $1500, so the differential- since I plan to keep this in the family so long- is negligible.

Hahaha!  Red is nice, too!  I had a '67 350 (white with blue stripes) and got the stripes painted.  Vinyl can fade (dark colors).  Many can make it 5-7years.  I plan on keeping mine for a looong time.  And, ghost stripes have to be painted as this isn't available in vinyl.  And yes, sometimes vinyl does crack (in time). B)

Personal chice, ya know?  By my estimates, vinyl would cost about $500-$700, and paint about $1500, so the differential- since I plan to keep this in  the family so long- is negligible.

949[/snapback]

Good to know, thanks man!!!

KingCobra.

Nice garage Harry!

Saw the yellow one with gray stripes at SVT - looks pretty good really.

1011[/snapback]

Thanks man...as you can see..I am addicted to all types of fast cars past and present.

I can't wait to see the new SVT in person!...and of course sitting in my garage :)

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

White with blue

Blue with white

Valencia with black

I am not sure anymore in what order and black stripes have to be added.

I tries to start a poll on the Black Stripes.

Help me on that one.

KingCobra.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived