TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Razor Wheels

SAI told me 24mm offset and 6 inch backspacing will fit over big brake kit. My wheels should be here tomorrow. 20x9 black razors

Are there 20" tires that have TPMS? I can't find any, so I guess this means we may lose our ability to monitor tire pressure?

Ford and others make straps to replace yours. They simply remove the TPMS and put it on the new wheel, reflash them and it's good to go.

Discount Tire even has straps for about a quarter of what Ford's are.

Hope this helps.

Its not the tires that make TPMS available. Its the bands and sensore inside the tire. If you go to tirerack.com you can order everything there. Ive priced the 20" chrome razors and BF Goodrice g-force KDW2 with sensors, bands, and balance to be approx $2607. I believed this also included shipping. But if you go with anything other then the chrome it should be a little cheaper.

Or you can order the tires, wheels, and bands and take them to the local shop and have them remove the sensors from you old tires and put on the new tires/wheels. This should save you a few bucks.

I was planning on buying everything in the first paragraph so I would be able to change my tires/wheels as I wanted.

Good Luck!

Are there 20" tires that have TPMS? I can't find any, so I guess this means we may lose our ability to monitor tire pressure?

I bought my straps and sensors from my Ford dealer, the straps go on an Expedition with 20" wheels and sensors go on a Mustang. I know I could by cheaper, but I may want to put my GT-H back original someday. My tire dealer told me the less you mess with the sensors the better, but you could save some money by reusing the sensors on your 18" wheels and buying new straps.

I bought my straps and sensors from my Ford dealer, the straps go on an Expedition with 20" wheels and sensors go on a Mustang. I know I could by cheaper, but I may want to put my GT-H back original someday. My tire dealer told me the less you mess with the sensors the better, but you could save some money by reusing the sensors on your 18" wheels and buying new straps.

OK, 2006 GT-H'S DON'T NEED ANY SENSORS, NONE WERE ON FROM THE FACTORY, ONLY 07 AND NEWER, I PURCHASED THE 20" GUNMETAL RAZORS OFF EBAY FOR 699.00 AND ALL 4 B.F GOODRICH FOR 500.00...JUST KEEP LOOKING, THEY ARE GETTING CHEAP

OK, 2006 GT-H'S DON'T NEED ANY SENSORS, NONE WERE ON FROM THE FACTORY, ONLY 07 AND NEWER, I PURCHASED THE 20" GUNMETAL RAZORS OFF EBAY FOR 699.00 AND ALL 4 B.F GOODRICH FOR 500.00...JUST KEEP LOOKING, THEY ARE GETTING CHEAP

Who was the seller? Do they any more wheels?

Just heard...American Racing has stopped normal production of the 20" Silver Razor. I'm not sure about the other finishes, but it was told to me that only in lots of either 50 wheels or 50 sets will they do them. And it's probably only for the GT500, but again, he was in a big hurry to get me off the phone.

There are a couple of companies that have them, tons of them, but are not selling them at this time. I thought a customer with money in hand would actually be able to buy a product?

I've been trying to buy a set since last October and every time it's come up with an excuse and with no success whatsoever. I am supposed to have a set that will be here next month, but too late for our large car show here. You'd think that would surprise me...but by now...not really.

Happy hunting for yours.

Which style would look the best on a white car; chrome, silver, or gunmetal?

Which style would look the best on a white car; chrome, silver, or gunmetal?

Chrome could be construde as ghetto for a 20'.(Even though the 18' are chrome, They have a mag wheel hot rodder look and compliment the SGT well.) Silver, eh...!? Gunmetal would match the Silver Satin Lemans stripes on the SGT better. My .02 But then its 5:30 AM and I got a good beer buzz going. :headspin::headspin: Woot!! Go Packers!!!

Chrome could be construde as ghetto for a 20'.(Even though the 18' are chrome, They have a mag wheel hot rodder look and compliment the SGT well.) Silver, eh...!? Gunmetal would match the Silver Satin Lemans stripes on the SGT better. My .02 But then its 5:30 AM and I got a good beer buzz going. :headspin::headspin: Woot!! Go Packers!!!

I wouldn't say chrome is "ghetto". I think there are certain applications where chrome works. I went with the gunmetal razors.

I wouldn't say chrome is "ghetto". I think there are certain applications where chrome works. I went with the gunmetal razors.

I'd get whatever matched those gorgeous LeMans stripes you have. I can really tell, but I'm thinking silver. Question though, on your SGT are the rocker stripes and Lemans stripes the same color? Because if the rockers are darker, you may want to match those, which might be the gunmetal.

I think a previous post was referring to an 18" wheel not having as much real estate, so there for, chrome looks balanced, compared to a 20. I wanted a chrome 20 Razor for a long time until I saw one up close at Shelby in Vegas and it really didn't match the car in my opinion, just too much chrome. NOW, don't get me wrong, that might look great on a black car...I just think it looked good on a white.

And if you have an SGT, you will have no problem finding any of the wheels. The problems I've mentioned seem to be just for the GT500 fitment. In fact, I know a Discount Tire that has a beautiful set already mounted on some Nitto INVOs that will fit an SGT.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Shelby-Razor-Discount-C.jpg

Chrome also weighs a little more than the non chrome wheels in general.

Info from tirerack

18x9 gunmetal razors: 25.5lbs. 18x9 chrome razors: 26.5lbs

20x9 gunmetal razors: 29.0lbs. 20x9 chrome razors: 31.5lbs

Not a big difference, but less unsprung weight (e.g. the wheel weight) = quicker acceleration.

Chrome also weighs a little more than the non chrome wheels in general.

Info from tirerack

18x9 gunmetal razors: 25.5lbs. 18x9 chrome razors: 26.5lbs

20x9 gunmetal razors: 29.0lbs. 20x9 chrome razors: 31.5lbs

Not a big difference, but less unsprung weight (e.g. the wheel weight) = quicker acceleration.

You know, I wish that I could stay with my stock 18" wheels, but in order to accommodate a larger brake system, I am forced to upgrade my wheels.

What are your thoughts on using wheel spacers with stock wheels? I think 1/2" spaces may give me the clearance that I need.

Strictly personal opinion here and nothing to back it up.

But for me, if I was just daily driving and showing the car, perhaps. But any healthy road driving, I've always heard to stay away from any type of spacer.

Speaking with every wheel vendor and manufactuer, not one person has suggested I put a spacer in. I would think there would have to be a reason.

I'd really like to hear some good information on if a spacer is safe to use.

That would have saved me a lot of trouble a long time ago.

You know, I wish that I could stay with my stock 18" wheels, but in order to accommodate a larger brake system, I am forced to upgrade my wheels.

What are your thoughts on using wheel spacers with stock wheels? I think 1/2" spaces may give me the clearance that I need.

I did alignment/suspension work for 8 years in the '80s. I don't recommend spacers, as they change front end geometry such as scrub radius and other things...this will cause increased wear on both ball joints and tires as well as affect handling. You'll find people that have used them successfully, as often the unwanted results are modest (in other words, a ball joint may only last 60,000 miles rather than 125,000 miles). In addition, it's a matter of degree. Using a 1/32" spacer probably won't hurt much, but a 1/4" spacer would really make a drastic difference IMO. All I can say is that I would not use them on my car.

Dave

Archived