TEAM SHELBY FORUM

navigation

does anyone know of a way that a passenger can input info into the navigation system? As soon as the car is in motion, most of the inputs go dark. Is there a way to eliminate the "in motion" feature if the passenger seat is occupied?

does anyone know of a way that a passenger can input info into the navigation system? As soon as the car is in motion, most of the inputs go dark. Is there a way to eliminate the "in motion" feature if the passenger seat is occupied?

I can change directions on the nav at any speed...I don't need to stop.

I can change directions on the nav at any speed...I don't need to stop.

My guess is that you can only input a few functions: can you input a complete new address or simply select from previous address's or from the address book?

My guess is that you can only input a few functions: can you input a complete new address or simply select from previous address's or from the address book?

You can't enter a new address but you can select an address from the address book, points of interest, or a previous destination.

You might google Ford+Nav+Bypass and see if you can find something that could help. Or maybe even Ebay.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

I think the Ford nav must be to new. Lots of stuff on Lexus nav, almost nothing on Ford.

I think the Ford nav must be to new. Lots of stuff on Lexus nav, almost nothing on Ford.

i was told the Ford (Pioneer) nav does not tap off the car's systems but it's own GPS signal to determine if it's moving. There fore there is no external pin you can short or ground to fool it. Someone did say there was a resistor you could cut or short but that's more than I'd want to try just so I didn't have to pull over.

Archived