TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My Transmission & Clutch & Flywheel installation

Grabber

Rob,

Congrats. It must be nice to be able to drive the car the way it was designed to operate.

Just curious - Did you take any pictures? :hysterical2:

Greg,

It's a different car now. I love it.

She was bucked 1 year ago today, and now she's ready to GO.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I tucked her into the shop and put a blanky on her and a fan under the back as usual to keep air movement under the car.

Clutch-TrannyReplacementparts083.jpg

Don't you get air movement whenever you open the garage door?

I've never heard of putting a tiny fan behind the car to keep air moving. What is this supposed to do? Does moving air do something different than stagnant air? It's the SAME air - so if it's because of the moisture, it won't matter will it??

Don't you get air movement whenever you open the garage door?

I've never heard of putting a tiny fan behind the car to keep air moving. What is this supposed to do? Does moving air do something different than stagnant air? It's the SAME air - so if it's because of the moisture, it won't matter will it??

It helps keep condensation from forming. At least that's my thought on it.

It helps keep condensation from forming. At least that's my thought on it.

Well rob...I am very happy for you...she shifts like butter like I said right? I felt your pain..and now its go time... :superhero:......glad that flywheel didn’t hold you up.....did they send the other tranny back to you know who?

And I cannot imagine after this, you putting her to bed for a couple a months.......it looks fine out there....then again that’s easy for me to say with 60 deg. Weather.....

:happy feet:

Edited by carlo

Does anyone know if Ford is having the dealerships load a software update to the GT500 when it's in for service or warranty? My dealer mentioned he liked the trunk mat after the clutch/tranny change, and now when I turn the key to the on position I hear a beep such as the one for the alarm system. Seems to be coming from the trunk. I don't think it did this before? I could be wrong about it doing it before but don't think so. Maybe I need to reset something? I can read the manual just fine, was hoping for a quick answer.

Thanks

Does anyone know if Ford is having the dealerships load a software update to the GT500 when it's in for service or warranty? My dealer mentioned he liked the trunk mat after the clutch/tranny change, and now when I turn the key to the on position I hear a beep such as the one for the alarm system. Seems to be coming from the trunk. I don't think it did this before? I could be wrong about it doing it before but don't think so. Maybe I need to reset something? I can read the manual just fine, was hoping for a quick answer.

Thanks

Haven't heard of that.

I know the alarm is very sensitive to voltage, are you sure your battery is at full charge?

I have read all the tranny posts and this as well. Congrats on getting yours fixed up Grabber. After reading what you said about your clutch not hissing when the car was in neutral I had to go start mine and listen to see if it hisses with the clutch in. It doesn't. In fact I could put it in gear and it doesn't hiss untill you start to let out the clutch. Enjoy your car the way it's supposed to be. :happy feet:

Don

Well rob...I am very happy for you...she shifts like butter like I said right? I felt your pain..and now its go time... :superhero:......glad that flywheel didn’t hold you up.....did they send the other tranny back to you know who?

And I cannot imagine after this, you putting her to bed for a couple a months.......it looks fine out there....then again that’s easy for me to say with 60 deg. Weather.....

:happy feet:

Carlo,

I remember talking to you the day you picked up your car with the new tranny and clutch. I agree with everything you told me. The shifting is smooth and a pleasure to drive. It does feel like a different car. I am very Happy. :)

The weather here is very crappy today. Spring will be here in 4 months so my car will have to sit awhile. I am glad to hear that your new set up is still performing well. How many miles do you have on your new set up ?

Thanks

Blayne,

I watched the entire process on mine. There was no need to hook it up to the computer.

I have read all the tranny posts and this as well. Congrats on getting yours fixed up Grabber. After reading what you said about your clutch not hissing when the car was in neutral I had to go start mine and listen to see if it hisses with the clutch in. It doesn't. In fact I could put it in gear and it doesn't hiss untill you start to let out the clutch. Enjoy your car the way it's supposed to be. :happy feet:

Don

Your 2008 will be just fine!

Rob

Glad to hear it went well :happy feet:

Linda said you called while I was outside unpacking from my great trip to Des Moines, Iowa :censored:

Have a couple of errands in the morning, but will swing by the dealer in pm and check parts numbers and see if they have everything; thanks for all of the great descriptions. You are a jewel :happy feet: :happy feet:

John

thanks for all of the great descriptions. You are a jewel

I know many of you are like me and want to know what has to be done to our cars to do this work, and how to do it right. This Senior master tech did such a good job and took such care during the work that there are no scratches under the car in the work area. I tried to give him a $50 dollar tip, but he would only let me give him a Ten spot for lunch. I told him he would do all my work from now on, and he was pleased that I will be coming back. He asked me if I would give him a good report card. I said yes, for sure. I am also writing a letter to the owner about his great work and the parts Dept's help. What a great team they have.

Clutch-TrannyReplacementparts066.jpg