TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer comment about the SGT

Gibs07GTcpe

After they come out with the GT350 they will have another model. Then those that buy a GT350 can argue how the GT350 is really the real Shelby because they didn't have a Shelby GT in the 60's :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Now, does everyone know what the SGT was really going to be before they made it the SGT???? LOL (I'll keep that to myself or it will just stir up another big arguement)

You just love to stir the pot don't you? If you really didn't want to stir up another big arguement you wouldn't have made the above post.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I don't have any differences. They are all Shelbys, and none are any more of Shelby than the other. The ONLY difference is they have different models.

Like the V6 Mustang VS GT Mustang. They are different models, but both are just as much of a mustangs as the other. Same with the Shelbys. Different models. One is a Shelby GT model and one is a Shelby GT500 model. Both Shelbys no matter how you cut it.

After they come out with the GT350 they will have another model. Then those that buy a GT350 can argue how the GT350 is really the real Shelby because they didn't have a Shelby GT in the 60's :hysterical2::hysterical2:

Now, does everyone know what the SGT was really going to be before they made it the SGT???? LOL (I'll keep that to myself or it will just stir up another big arguement)

Exactly.

I work with a guy that has a beautiful GT500. He also has a 6 cyl mocked up that looks exactly the same except its an automatic. He uses it as a DD. The 6 is a "fake" Shelby, the other definitely is not.

my .02

Did you know that Carol Shelby for some reason allowed GT500's at his recent birthday bash (I don't think there were any Saleens or Roush's there, however). People, please, get off this SGT vs. GT500 baloney!!! They are BOTH SHELBYS!!!!

There was also an 05 Mustang GT Coupe at the Birthday Bash that

won one of the car show awards without being a Shelby B)

Is it too late to ask to get my $$$ back for my membership???? Ok, I'm not serious...yet.

I hate this discussion. Do you guys cut and paste from earlier battles??? :banghead:

They are all Shelbys!!!

Quit

The only non Shelbys are V6 or GT that someone put their own stripes on....and call it a Shelby.

Ok, i'll toss in my .02

I'm a GT-500 owner. I've been jonesing over this car since the 2005 NYIAS. When i got back from the show, i raced to my local dealership and placed my deposit. Back then, he "SGT" didn't even exist. I only learned about the SGT from the internet and i fell in love with them also. I had a chance to see them in 2007 when they arrived at the dealership. I was almost gonna skip on the GT-500 (because of the rediculous wait) and pick up a black SGT sitting on the showroom floor but i decided to stick it out.

During that time, i never thought of one being a "true Shelby" over the other. Thanks to the internet, i learned that some think just that. I have yet to meet someone in person who thought that and said it to me. I think i would kick them in the nutbag for a remark such as that. Both cars are Shelbys' , that's about the end of it. Heck, if i had the extra coin, i'd add a Vista Blue '08 SGT to my stable to match my Vista Blue '08 GT-500. I'm trying to talk my brother into getting an SGT.

Um, sorry, but if that is your "opinion" of the GT500 wearing the CS name then you obviously don't know much more than that salesperson did about having the SGT and calling it a fake shelby.

These are the posts that make me miss the Shelby forum.

Perhaps people are getting irritable because of the short days and lack of sunlight? Of course, this does not explain why the topic was beaten to death months ago. I say enough already. Where is a moderator when you need one?

^^^^ Since we will agree to disagree. You are right. Thank you for at least acknowledging my existance by replying to my post. Also, teaching me something in the process. It was intended to poke fun at the Dealer but hey I guess I am just stubborn. Maybe I will come to terms with it. Maybe not. They are all great vehicles and I would love to have the 500. Not because of the Shelby name on it, because of the fact that it has the bigger supercharged engine built by the SVT team. They build a great product. But being realistic I can afford the SGT which is probably what is clouding my view....I am biased. As most are with their vehicle or a vehicle that they are fond of/in search of. I am not calling anyone a liar or anything like that(Sorry Amy and he rest of the SAI Team). If I have upset anyone Sorry it really is a Shelby. That was not the point of this at all. Thanks for looking.

BTW: Is anyone interested in attending the BumbleBee Cruise Jan 26th in Irvine CA? Let me know I will post info if so.

Non Shelby owner/SGT Enthusiast/biasedly opinionated/stubborn Mustang GT owner Gib

If it is good weather, I can be there. Keep me posted.

Thanks; Dave

SVT as we all knew and loved went through what you might call a radical reconstruction.

You call SVT and you still get the same great guys and great help. All over my GT500 are SVT badges, the certificate of authenticity is 100% SVT, the engine is constructed by SVT, but the sad part is, dealerships no longer have to maintain any type certification, and anyone can sell the GT500 if they can get their hands on one.

I will not longer take my GT500 to any dealer that wasn't previously an SVT dealer and has the same staff on.

I've even heard that SVT and Rousch R&D are in the same building, and I haven't seen any press releases that FMC has put out clearing up the questions. Like I said, all I know is when I call SVT, someone's there, they know their stuff and they are a great help.

I'm sure you'll get different answers about this, but that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Addendum to the motion as follows to include all 1960's, 1970, CS6, CS8, Cobra and Series 1??!

Thank you for your time... :headspin:

THANK GOD!! MY last resort was to get Rodney King to come on and give us a "Cant we all get along" little tear fest ;)

I also see I got my Team Shelby logo installed today! TY Sharon for the help in finding out how. Now another 2 years and I should have the avatar figured out, learn how to post pics, and have things written in the bottom of my sig! :)

SVT as we all knew and loved went through what you might call a radical reconstruction.

You call SVT and you still get the same great guys and great help. All over my GT500 are SVT badges, the certificate of authenticity is 100% SVT, the engine is constructed by SVT, but the sad part is, dealerships no longer have to maintain any type certification, and anyone can sell the GT500 if they can get their hands on one.

I will not longer take my GT500 to any dealer that wasn't previously an SVT dealer and has the same staff on.

I've even heard that SVT and Rousch R&D are in the same building, and I haven't seen any press releases that FMC has put out clearing up the questions. Like I said, all I know is when I call SVT, someone's there, they know their stuff and they are a great help.

I'm sure you'll get different answers about this, but that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

Dealers most certainly do have to maintain certification to be able to sell the GT500. Every dealer that got these had to get certified. They had to have a salesperson certified and they had to have a mechanic certified. Otherwise they couldn't get any allocation and would not be allowed to sell the GT500. They also had to buy special tools required to work on this car. This was all part of the enrollment process before the car went into production. If any dealer didn't complete the required certification by the deadline set by Ford they could not get allocation to sell this car.

Dealers most certainly do have to maintain certification to be able to sell the GT500. Every dealer that got these had to get certified. They had to have a salesperson certified and they had to have a mechanic certified. Otherwise they couldn't get any allocation and would not be allowed to sell the GT500. They also had to buy special tools required to work on this car. This was all part of the enrollment process before the car went into production. If any dealer didn't complete the required certification by the deadline set by Ford they could not get allocation to sell this car.

The same as they did for the Terminators? Right.... My buddy had to use a certain dealer in Maine because of the mechanics, at least that is what he told me.

Gib

The same as they did for the Terminators? Right.... My buddy had to use a certain dealer in Maine because of the mechanics, at least that is what he told me.

Gib

Those were sold by Full Line SVT Dealers.

There were SVT Focus certified dealers and Full Line SVT Dealers. Full Line SVT Dealers sold all SVT models. Those are the dealers you had to take your SVT vehicle to be serviced at.

2004 was the last year for SVT. 2005 and 2006 there were no SVT vehicles made.

The GT500 was the first SVT vehicle since 2004. Ford did away with the SVT program where ALL dealers could get certified to sell the GT500. Ford has specific training requirements to get certified on this car before the dealer would be allowed to enroll to get any to sell. Now how involved the training was for the mechanics I have no idea. I'm not a mechanic and did not have to take that training. I did take all the sales training. I was already certified for Full Line SVT even though we were never a Full Line SVT Dealer. We were a SVT Focus dealer and when we had to get certified for the SVT Focus I went ahead and took all the training for all the SVT vehicles and got certified on everything. Then the following year Ford dropped SVT. Figures! LOL Then when they were coming out with the GT500 I had to get certified on that.

So is it the SVT guys that build the GT500 engine or not? Or are they just calling them something else now? I knew they did not have an 05-06 and that figures because I wanted to get a Cobra in 04 and was not able to but then in 05 I was financial able to and they were gone.....sigh missed opportunities.

Then what my buddy claimed about having to goto a certain dealer makes sense. Seems like Ford should just require all their mechanics to achieve the certification so that it would be more customer friendly.

Gib

Archived