TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ordering 08 SGT

I am hoping to buy an 08 SGT this spring. Can I still order one, or will I have to choose from what's already in Vegas? Can you even do that? What about the mod shop? How do I get info on that, what options are available, and what prices? I can't seem to find the information listed and my dealers are helpless. My first post here, a helpful link would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am hoping to buy an 08 SGT this spring. Can I still order one, or will I have to choose from what's already in Vegas? Can you even do that? What about the mod shop? How do I get info on that, what options are available, and what prices? I can't seem to find the information listed and my dealers are helpless. My first post here, a helpful link would be appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome aboard. You can no longer order a Shelby GT. They have all been delivered to SAI in Vegas. If you can find a dealer that has not received their cars from SAI you may be able to get one flagged by SAI and have it go through the Mod Shop. That might be a tall order now though. However, if you purchase a Shelby GT you can now send your car back to SAI to have anything they do put on them. They took the first few cars back in the last week or so. There is a line right now though. We have a couple of dealers on here that maybe able to help you locate a car. Good Luck.

According to Amy, the President of Shelby Autos, there will not be a 2009 Shelby GT. Amy posted as such a couple of months ago. After the Job 1 run of the 2008 Shelby GTs is done, that is it.

The dealer I'm buying my Barrett-Jacksons from says he still has two coupes. There may be other BJ cars in Phoenix available. Go to the Ford web site and use their dealer locator and start making calls.

It is reported that the black with red stripe is the fastest car! :)

No 09s? :eek5: Ok, now, I'm scared. There aren't that many 08s being produced, and I really want one of these. (I'll have to remember not to divulge this to a dealer.) As recommended, I have PM'd Mr. Morris. Depending on his response, I may need to go ahead and get my 05 GT on the market and get an SGT reserved. Thanks for everyone's responses. :beerchug:

On the no 09s topic, does anyone have a link to that conversation? I am curious as to the reasoning. If the GTs are selling, and it's great PR for Shelby, why quit making them? Maybe to allow them to add another model? Say...GT350? SAI is actually a small business. They can't create 14 models all at once. Did Amy give a reason for dropping the GT? She wouldn't come out and say GT350, but she is good at dropping hints... Or was the SGT considered a flop, by some standard?

On the no 09s topic, does anyone have a link to that conversation? I am curious as to the reasoning. If the GTs are selling, and it's great PR for Shelby, why quit making them? Maybe to allow them to add another model? Say...GT350? SAI is actually a small business. They can't create 14 models all at once. Did Amy give a reason for dropping the GT? She wouldn't come out and say GT350, but she is good at dropping hints... Or was the SGT considered a flop, by some standard?

You could do a search for it here (in the old stangsunleashed threads) but I believe it was on shelbyautos forum. Which is no longer. We are supposed to have those threads here but.......

Regardless, Amy didn't give a reason. We can speculate but no official reason was given. Here are some speculations. The 2008 Bullit was a Job 2 car from Ford. It's performance is very close to the Shelby GT but cost less. Shelby and Ford talk alot about being partners.

A lot of speculation was given to the possibility that Shelby wanted to focus on it's 1000 GT500 KRs, Supersnake and 40th Anniversary projects.

Then there is the 2009/10 Shelby GT350. The Shelby GT was a rush job for Ford and Shelby. It went from idea to production in 100 days. A target of 6000 vehicles in the first year was probably too much. They made it but there growing pains. And even though in the eyes of SAI the cars are sold out in areas where the market is right. The obvious truth to anybody that wanders by a Ford dealer is that there are still 2007 Shelby GTs sitting in showrooms. As far as the GT350, I bet SAI is taking a breath and setting up a speculated GT350 program more deliberately in partnership with Ford.

All of the above is what other owners or my self speculated and have no basis from any information out of Shelby. Those reasons could be as far off as a 2010 Kia Shelby.

You could do a search for it here (in the old stangsunleashed threads) but I believe it was on shelbyautos forum. Which is no longer. We are supposed to have those threads here but.......

Regardless, Amy didn't give a reason. We can speculate but no official reason was given. Here are some speculations. The 2008 Bullit was a Job 2 car from Ford. It's performance is very close to the Shelby GT but cost less. Shelby and Ford talk alot about being partners.

A lot of speculation was given to the possibility that Shelby wanted to focus on it's 1000 GT500 KRs, Supersnake and 40th Anniversary projects.

Then there is the 2009/10 Shelby GT350. The Shelby GT was a rush job for Ford and Shelby. It went from idea to production in 100 days. A target of 6000 vehicles in the first year was probably too much. They made it but there growing pains. And even though in the eyes of SAI the cars are sold out in areas where the market is right. The obvious truth to anybody that wanders by a Ford dealer is that there are still 2007 Shelby GTs sitting in showrooms. As far as the GT350, I bet SAI is taking a breath and setting up a speculated GT350 program more deliberately in partnership with Ford.

All of the above is what other owners or my self speculated and have no basis from any information out of Shelby. Those reasons could be as far off as a 2010 Kia Shelby.

i think your dead on Chris, except for the KIA Shelby. Amy said that SAI and Ford has agreement thru 2010. i think they will produce another Shelby next year, but it could be the GT350 and/or a convertible GT500KR. will be fun waiting and trying to find hints.

michael morris

Mod shops on the east coast. My dealer told me that SAI is working on a new mod shop in New Jersey (he didn't know where). Amy, can you help me out here? I'm looking to have a SC install on my SGT. I,m in Meachanicsburg, Pa.

Archived