TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Did Job 1 Start on time today

...and the slightly bad news is that the ETD is shifted to 29 June. Anything before July would be like my best Christmas ever!

"The slightly bad news"?!?!? My dealer told me a couple days ago that my order is on "Material Hold", whatever the :censored: that means, and that I won't be seeing my car until the time of year when I won't want to drive it: OCTOBER OR NOVEMBER!!!!! So CONGRATULATIONS and good luck on your VERY GOOD NEWS oldimp!!!

Is it a Vert with the Shaker 1000? I've heard those are on material hold, though I do not know what the specific problem is. This thread has some info: Shaker 1000 vert material hold

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it a Vert with the Shaker 1000? I've heard those are on material hold, though I do not know what the specific problem is. This thread has some info: Shaker 1000 vert material hold

I ordered an Alloy w/ Satin Silver Coupe, Shaker 1000, SIRIUS, and the interior upgrade. (It's starting to sound like I've made a mistake ordering all this stuff with this "Material Hold" BS!!!) :banghead:

"The slightly bad news"?!?!? My dealer told me a couple days ago that my order is on "Material Hold", whatever the :censored: that means, and that I won't be seeing my car until the time of year when I won't want to drive it: OCTOBER OR NOVEMBER!!!!! So CONGRATULATIONS and good luck on your VERY GOOD NEWS oldimp!!!

Thanks, Linson, but I got a reality check from one of the other forums! If my car doesn't make it on a train out of Flat Rock before the 29th, I most likely won't see it until the latter part of July! It seems that the Flat Rock plant shuts down July 1st to the 16th! The guy over there said there are like 4000 cars sitting there ready to be shipped already! Mine is supposedly on the assembly line right now, but behind those 4000 cars in the shipping sequence!

The good news would be that I would have another month to save up for a larger down payment! Waah!

The good news would be that I would have another nonth to save up for a larger down payment! Waah!

Well, if there's any truth to what my dealer told me (about the whole Oct./Nov. delivery date) that's about the ONLY good thing about waiting that long (BIGGER DOWN PAYMENT!) But I just want my car!!!!!!! :angry2:

If it wasn't for Five Oh B and ISELL and a couple others who are doing for us as a courtesy what Ford should be doing as a best business practice, if it weren't for them Ford would look even worse. I sure hope they get some kind of reward for their help to us.

Hey, I like that idea. A reward would be great, 'cuz I'm certainly not getting paid a dime for any of my time spent here. This has all been time spent as an enthusiast, not as a paid professional or consultant.

How about some dinner? Five Oh, PM me - either e-mail address - and I'll see how I can buy you dinner somewhere close to your home.

There. I've thrown the glove down for others.

I think the same can certainly be said for Mr. Lane. I have an idea. (This is where we get an integrity check at the door.) Someone who has a PayPal account solicits a dollar (yes, one) from all of us that wish to contribute. The ringleader buys an AMEX "Be My Guest" card for each of those three folks with the proceeds split.

To hold the ringleader accountable, contributions would only be made for a couple of days. All the proceeds, less a couple of bucks that PayPal will charge, go to the cards. How will we know EXACTLY what was given vs what was spent? We won't, we'll just have to trust. At the worst, each individual is out a buck....and the person that would take advantage of this effort would have to live with themselves if they weren't completely honest.

Thoughts?????

:shift:

bj

I ordered an Alloy w/ Satin Silver Coupe, Shaker 1000, SIRIUS, and the interior upgrade. (It's starting to sound like I've made a mistake ordering all this stuff with this "Material Hold" BS!!!) :banghead:

I talked to our District manager about a few things yesterday and the "hold"on the Shaker 1000 came up.. He told me it was only on hold on the Convertible NOT the Coupe.

Bud

If my car doesn't make it on a train out of Flat Rock before the 29th, I most likely won't see it until the latter part of July!

Old Imp, pls don't take offense at my sick sense of humor, but when I read that sentence it sounded like a line from an old western: "son, if you don't make it out of Flatr Rock on the June 29 stage they won't find yer bones till late July... (PS -- love your joke posts on the other thread -- hope your car order doesn't become one ;-)

(Yeah, July shut down has been around for ages. In France they pretty much shut the darn country down for the whole month of August and everyone takes vacation.)

Old Imp, pls don't take offense at my sick sense of humor, but when I read that sentence it sounded like a line from an old western: "son, if you don't make it out of Flatr Rock on the June 29 stage they won't find yer bones till late July... (PS -- love your joke posts on the other thread -- hope your car order doesn't become one ;-)

(Yeah, July shut down has been around for ages. In France they pretty much shut the darn country down for the whole month of August and everyone takes vacation.)

Good one! We're cool!

I talked to our District manager about a few things yesterday and the "hold"on the Shaker 1000 came up.. He told me it was only on hold on the Convertible NOT the Coupe.

Bud

That's what I had heard initially, but then I read some other posts, AND talked to my dealer who told me that both of ours were on "material hold." (The owner of the dealership ordered a Coupe as well, red w/ white, but the funny thing is is that he DID NOT order the Shaker 1000. So, what gives???)

I shouldn't speak for isellford or Robert Lane, but I've already received my reward: just being part of a great community of Mustang enthusiasts like you guys is the reward. Plus, keep in mind that while I've tried my darndest to inform you guys, I've learned plenty at these forums, as well. That's the beauty of the forums - we can all contribute to the subject at hand.

Well put, FiveOh. :shift:

Each of us has their own way of contributing.

It may not be tech info - but lots of opinions and good comraderie! :happy feet:

I've had more laughs here than I did watching the Blue Collar Tour!

This has been a fantastic experience, with a terrific group of people.

It has certainly enriched the whole experience of buying this car, and

although I always research the hell out of everything I sink my money

into, I've never been so knowledgable about a car purchase before.

Thanks to all here for that, and Robert, for starting and running this site!!!

My posts speak as to my committment to keeping this site going.

KingCobra.

TTB -

I have to agree that it seems the first in line privilege for the PowerLease folks is not being honored. The latest I get is that my car has an estimated completion date of 6/26 and arrival date at the dealer of 7/3. Now I know enough to realize that both of those dates are really 'probably the week of' dates. I did the math too and that sure doesn't sound as though Ford has kept its word. Especially when you recall that these letters were supposed to have been sent out in July 2004. You can be damn sure if they had, most of us who were going to order the car would be queued up at the dealer the first day the order banks opened, not late in April after all those other folks ordered. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the dealers whined about not getting theirs first the way someone else here talked about how his order got bumped at a small dealer by whining from larger dealers in the same region.

A deal is a deal. I'd sure like to get the phone number or e-mail of someone inside the company - not some drone at Customer Service - that I could talk to to find out why there seems to be some honor missing in this company. Maybe they think people will forget. If it wasn't for Five Oh B and ISELL and a couple others who are doing for us as a courtesy what Ford should be doing as a best business practice, if it weren't for them Ford would look even worse. I sure hope they get some kind of reward for their help to us.

Are you kidding me???? Remember....this is a 2007 model. Not a 2006. Production runs through June 2007. Your getting your car car built within the first two months of production. How are PL holders getting screwed on this?????

CobraGuy -

If I were in your position, I'd say the same thing.

From my perspective, this has been a two year battle to get what we were promised back then. To me it's a matter of principle, and matters of principle often differ from person to person. I made a decision two years ago based upon several things promised in writing. The PowerLease letter pointedly did not mention some of the key points promised at the original lease signing. If I changed, on my own, some of the conditions required of me for the lease, you can bet on what the outcome would be. The reverse should be true.

There's no question, now, this group of cars for PL folks will be built. And it looks as though quite a number of PL folks have not exercised their options, so the number is probably quite a bit less than the 250+- originally. So why not do the right thing as promised? I'm not the Lone Ranger wondering why.

Feel free to disagree. Our perspectives differ onthis.

CobraGuy -

If I were in your position, I'd say the same thing.

From my perspective, this has been a two year battle to get what we were promised back then. To me it's a matter of principle, and matters of principle often differ from person to person. I made a decision two years ago based upon several things promised in writing. The PowerLease letter pointedly did not mention some of the key points promised at the original lease signing. If I changed, on my own, some of the conditions required of me for the lease, you can bet on what the outcome would be. The reverse should be true.

There's no question, now, this group of cars for PL folks will be built. And it looks as though quite a number of PL folks have not exercised their options, so the number is probably quite a bit less than the 250+- originally. So why not do the right thing as promised? I'm not the Lone Ranger wondering why.

Feel free to disagree. Our perspectives differ onthis.

+1 This goes to that loyalty issue again. And how Ford manages to screw that up time after time. It's not a dealership thing that is out of their control, but a prior commitment by FORD North America to a group of PREMIUM existing customers who have agreed to become further PREMIUM customers. Foolish to screw that up over a couple of hundred cars.

Archived