TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Did Job 1 Start on time today

Five Oh: I remember reading you had a PL customer or 2. If you did not, then how do you know that the regular customer is getting theirs before the PL customer does? Sounds like you are getting your first allocaton just like every other large dealer that is getting their first one. Sound just like that Texas dealership LOL

Also, they are doing the PL customers first overall not just to one dealership. I.E. PL customers get theirs built first THEN regular customers. When your regular customer gets his then that SHOULD mean all the PL customers have gotten theirs or at least have had them built if they ordered on time. Until folks start reporting in on actually receiving theirs we won't truly know it seems...I am sure cuz of the different order types there may be a delay or 2 and I doubt if 1 PL customer gets delayed no one else will get theirs but, I am sure you get the idea.

SC2004: Not anymore, I still have a house there that I am renting out but that is it. Moved back to Kentucky. Brent is the new Chapter Director and they have their meetings at Drew Ford in La Mesa.

www.svtoasandiego.com

Three Cobras: I seem to remember Five Oh saying that their was no order in the VIN's...Glad to hear that PL customers are getting what was promised!

Ken

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 7 2006, 04:55 AM) 18637[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Our customer will be pleased to know that you think of him as a VIP, and not just a regular customer.

Let me guess. Is it Bill Gates? He ordered a Vista Blue one, like the new Windows Vista. :hysterical:

No, he's a local doctor and genuinely nice guy and Mustang fanatic.

If thats the case did this guy want this car back in May of 2004? Cause I did! :baby:

Anyways, thanks a mil. Five Ho B, greatful for the honesty :cry:

Who knows, I might be getting mine off the 1st run, I just don't know yet :shrug:

So its an alocated car to your dealer ship?

Our first GT500 customer was on our list at the beginning. Even if your order was in before his, our region's allocation has nothing to do with your region's allocation (unless, you happen to be in the same region - Pacific NW). This car is the first of our allocated GT500's. And again, since there are no PowerLease orders in and pending in our area, this car did not have to be delayed and was pulled/scheduled very early. If there was a PL in our area, then our order would have been pushed back a bit, I trust. Again, it's a regular allocated order, not some VIP deal or PL deal.

Ford did deliver on the PowerLease promise that some of us - including me - had doubts about. That is, the priority scheduling of our cars. OBTW, my serial number is in the 209XXX range. Compare that to Five Oh B's car with a 196XXX number if I recall correctly.

Luckily, Ford does NOT build cars in order of VIN #. VIN's just happen to be in order of when the order is pulled, not build sequence. Three Cobras car could very likely be built before our first GT500, even though the VIN # is 13,000 units later. Also, VIN # sequence is for all V6, GT, GT/CS, and GT500's combined.

Five Oh: I remember reading you had a PL customer or 2. If you did not, then how do you know that the regular customer is getting theirs before the PL customer does? Sounds like you are getting your first allocaton just like every other large dealer that is getting their first one. Sound just like that Texas dealership LOL

Ken

We did absolutely zero PowerLeases. Our Ford Rep isn't aware of any other PL's in our area. If there are any, they haven't chosen to exercise their option on a 2007 GT500, so there was nobody in line ahead of us for a car. Keep in mind, there were only 254 PL customers back in 2004, and the Pacific NW isn't a big region like California, Texas, Florida, etc, so the entire NW may have had just a handful of PL customers originally, and maybe none (or very, very few) have stepped forward with any interest in the GT500.

I can't stress enough that allocations and scheduling for us NW dealers is completely independent of all of you in other regions around the country.

In this instance how does allocation differ by region? Or even delivery?

Allocation is set by all the things that have been gone over time and time again. Nothing was ever brought up about regions having different allocations nor regions having different build dates? Delivery dates maybe due to transportatin issues.

If they are building the PL customers vehicles first THEN the regular orders, once again region has nothing to do with it. If they are built first they are built first. It is probably invisible to you cuz you don't have any other PL customers. So your first may still be after PL customers vehicles are built and/or delivered.

It doesn't really matter, it just goes against everything that has been said from before.

Kencobra -

Just a couple of thoughts. I was really asking if the interpretation I had and the Ford rep had about 'Maintenance Check' was correct - it means the car has already been produced. I am not sure of that, but it makes sense. Just checking.

As far as PowerLease cars being absolutely first, I'm not sure I would believe that. I have always assumed 'way up front', but didn't expect #2 (right after the BJ auction car) would go to a PL holder. Maybe it did. Maybe it was me. Maybe the Ford Rep is wrong and they haven't done mine yet. Questions, questions. Ford did not repeat the exact words of the PowerLease brochure (about 'first in line') in the PowrLease letter we got in April, so I suspect some of the VIP cars and PL cars and some others are all mixed together in the first five hundred or so.

Yeah, I am sure you are right.

As long as the PL customers are in that first batch somewhere LOL

Five Oh, I know of a Washington State dealer that bought 8 PL certificates for 10k each. I am sure they are in the NW region. Wouldn't make sense for them to buy all those up and then not use them?? Bickford motors I think...

Ken

Clean Order?

I just love all these terms that no other industry uses. It's like telling you something that really doesn't mean anything. Like "bucking", isn't that about Pro Rodeo? Does Chevy do this?

No SH?T - This car is a mystery - nobody knows what they are exactly getting for their hard earned money or when they are going to get it.

It's all a mystery and secret - Is this the way that Ford usually does business ?

This is my first new car buying experience - Maybe its the way do things in the auto ind.

So, the rumors of my car being already built appear to be greatly exaggerated, to paraphrase Mark Twain.

Checking with a second source who ran the VIN through, he said the car had been 'Segemented' the week of 6/5, not scheduled for a 'Maintenance Check'. This means, roughly, they are filling up a big box with parts for my car, and the box is sitting somewhere on a loading dock or outside in a big lot somewhere. The next step is for it to be 'Sequenced'. He says it is probably a couple of weeks out from getting built. If that's true, and the GT500 build rates are about 5 per hour, doing the math it seems that several hundred other cars will be built before my PowerLease car with the order submitted within days of receiving my Powerlease letter. Hmmmmm.

No SH?T - This car is a mystery - nobody knows what they are exactly getting for their hard earned money or when they are going to get it.

It's all a mystery and secret - Is this the way that Ford usually does business ?

This is my first new car buying experience - Maybe its the way do things in the auto ind.

Usually, you go to the Ford dealership in town and look at all the shiny new cars 'til you see one you like and you buy it on the spot. That's how 99% of Ford sales happen. All of the ordering, scheduling, and allocation issues are invisible to those 99% of the customers who just buy what's on the lot already.

For those who choose to special order a car - especially one this anticipated - the wait is agonizing and frustrates people sometimes.

Five Oh, I know of a Washington State dealer that bought 8 PL certificates for 10k each. I am sure they are in the NW region. Wouldn't make sense for them to buy all those up and then not use them?? Bickford motors I think...

Ken

Ken, Bickford Motors in Snohomish, WA. Nice dealership, nice people, family run, etc. They are the host of the local SVTOA chapter, they sell Saleens & SVT's, and have a very good reputation. The were the 2nd largest Saleen dealer in the nation last year! Their GT500 list is likely as big (or bigger) than ours. I've had a few of their customers want on our list, too, as Bickford doesn't have enough to go around. They are in our region, so if they've purchased and exercised PL orders then it hasn't affected our ability to get our first GT500 built this week. I've heard that AAI is building 8 GT500's per hour, so all of the PL cars can be built in less than a week, and I can still get ours built this week, too.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 7 2006, 05:06 PM) 18893[/snapback]

Usually, you go to the Ford dealership in town and look at all the shiny new cars 'til you see one you like and you buy it on the spot. That's how 99% of Ford sales happen. All of the ordering, scheduling, and allocation issues are invisible to those 99% of the customers who just buy what's on the lot already.

For those who choose to special order a car - especially one this anticipated - the wait is agonizing and frustrates people sometimes.

Ken, Bickford Motors in Snohomish, WA. Nice dealership, nice people, family run, etc. They are the host of the local SVTOA chapter, they sell Saleens & SVT's, and have a very good reputation. The were the 2nd largest Saleen dealer in the nation last year! Their GT500 list is likely as big (or bigger) than ours. I've had a few of their customers want on our list, too, as Bickford doesn't have enough to go around. They are in our region, so if they've purchased and exercised PL orders then it hasn't affected our ability to get our first GT500 built this week. I've heard that AAI is building 8 GT500's per hour, so all of the PL cars can be built in less than a week, and I can still get ours built this week, too.

Correct me if I am wrong 5 Oh B, but the truth is Ford got 254 PLs to bite on this

and if thats the case no matter what PL cust. should be first. 1st is 1st. 1st run works for me.

BUT even delivery should be 1st. for PL holders!!!

NOW FOR A DEL. DATE :banghead:

THANX 5 Ho B

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 5 2006, 10:55 PM) 18363[/snapback]

Our GT500 was scheduled for "the week of" June 5th. The status of the order has been changed to "bucked" with a date of 6/09 for the actual build now. ETA to the dealership is now listed as the week of June 26th, which jives with the previously mentioned "OK to ship" being held to June 26th.

Five Oh B,

I have been paying really close attention to your posts about your first GT500. Right after you post new information, my sales manager calls me and reports similar information, only with dates slightly after your dates!

He had called me Monday afternoon to tell me that the ETD was 23 June, and that went along pretty well with your original date of 21 June. Then later that evening you posted the above post. So, I figured it would not be long before I got another call setting me back, too!

I got that call just a few minutes ago here at work. The good news is that it also has changed status to "Bucked" with an actual build date of 12 June and the slightly bad news is that the ETD is shifted to 29 June. Anything before July would be like my best Christmas ever!

Thanks for all your great input to this forum! I really appreciate it!

Thanks for all your great input to this forum! I really appreciate it!

Happy to help! In fact, I have an overwhelming need to help that I cannot explain. I think it is because this is going to be such an awesome car that I can't stop talking about it and my wife will only listen to me so much before she rolls her eyes about it.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 8 2006, 12:36 PM) 19073[/snapback]

I can't stop talking about it and my wife will only listen to me so much before she rolls her eyes about it.

Boy, I understand that! I find myself participating in conversions impatiently waiting for someone to say just the right word that I can use as a springboard to change the subject over to the GT500! These guys at work have to be tired of hearing about it! Now I have to go back to a dozen guys and tell them about the setback. The good thing there is, because of your post, I expected it, so when I reported the earlier date I let on that it would most likely get changed.

My wife is very patient with me. She knows how important this car is to me and she plays along.

Some of the guys working at the plant have said they are only building 5-6 GT500's per hour (not 8). But they are having a squeeking issue with some dash covers with the interior upgrade, so we may have a QC hold on this.

Thousands of baby Naugas have given their lives for this upgraded dash, armrests and console door. We should be ashamed. Probably PETA folks causing the squeeking.

:shift:

bj

PETA don't like Leather? what do you think their tennis shoes are made from? :hysterical:

Only Birkenstocks made from recycled auto tires. Those of us that are "heavy of foot" should be able to send them a few Goodyear Supercar F1's within 5,000 miles of delivery.

:shift:

bj

I'm thinking Bickford must be in your region but, doesn't jive with your regional Ford rep saying only one other PL customer is in the region.

I'm sure those 8 will boost their inventory! Any dealership that sponsors a SVTOA Chapter is thumbs up in my book :)

Ken

TTB -

I have to agree that it seems the first in line privilege for the PowerLease folks is not being honored. The latest I get is that my car has an estimated completion date of 6/26 and arrival date at the dealer of 7/3. Now I know enough to realize that both of those dates are really 'probably the week of' dates. I did the math too and that sure doesn't sound as though Ford has kept its word. Especially when you recall that these letters were supposed to have been sent out in July 2004. You can be damn sure if they had, most of us who were going to order the car would be queued up at the dealer the first day the order banks opened, not late in April after all those other folks ordered. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the dealers whined about not getting theirs first the way someone else here talked about how his order got bumped at a small dealer by whining from larger dealers in the same region.

A deal is a deal. I'd sure like to get the phone number or e-mail of someone inside the company - not some drone at Customer Service - that I could talk to to find out why there seems to be some honor missing in this company. Maybe they think people will forget. If it wasn't for Five Oh B and ISELL and a couple others who are doing for us as a courtesy what Ford should be doing as a best business practice, if it weren't for them Ford would look even worse. I sure hope they get some kind of reward for their help to us.

TTB -

I have to agree that it seems the first in line privilege for the PowerLease folks is not being honored. The latest I get is that my car has an estimated completion date of 6/26 and arrival date at the dealer of 7/3. Now I know enough to realize that both of those dates are really 'probably the week of' dates. I did the math too and that sure doesn't sound as though Ford has kept its word. Especially when you recall that these letters were supposed to have been sent out in July 2004. You can be damn sure if they had, most of us who were going to order the car would be queued up at the dealer the first day the order banks opened, not late in April after all those other folks ordered. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the dealers whined about not getting theirs first the way someone else here talked about how his order got bumped at a small dealer by whining from larger dealers in the same region.

A deal is a deal. I'd sure like to get the phone number or e-mail of someone inside the company - not some drone at Customer Service - that I could talk to to find out why there seems to be some honor missing in this company. Maybe they think people will forget. If it wasn't for Five Oh B and ISELL and a couple others who are doing for us as a courtesy what Ford should be doing as a best business practice, if it weren't for them Ford would look even worse. I sure hope they get some kind of reward for their help to us.

Chill dude, chill...

I would be ecstatic to know I was getting a car in July!

and below MSRP!

:happy feet:

Roger that. We are not all in the same space on this car for different reasons. If you were in my place you might well see it the way I do.

:rant: Once the car gets here :yahoo: all of the frustration magically will disappear (and when the first payment comes due, :rant: it'll magically come back.)

try to relax - it'll all be behind us is a few short weeks.

:rant: Once the car gets here :yahoo: all of the frustration magically will disappear (and when the first payment comes due, :rant: it'll magically come back.)

try to relax - it'll all be behind us is a few short weeks.

Behind us? You talking about a C6 Vette? :happy feet: :happy feet:

Dave

...and the slightly bad news is that the ETD is shifted to 29 June. Anything before July would be like my best Christmas ever!

"The slightly bad news"?!?!? My dealer told me a couple days ago that my order is on "Material Hold", whatever the :censored: that means, and that I won't be seeing my car until the time of year when I won't want to drive it: OCTOBER OR NOVEMBER!!!!! So CONGRATULATIONS and good luck on your VERY GOOD NEWS oldimp!!!

Archived