TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Did Job 1 Start on time today

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oops. Thank you!!!!

Judy

Judy,

I know we have seen June 6th a lot, but, Five Oh B posted that his dealerships first GT500 had a build date of 5 June. On another forum I visit a lot, there is a guy that works at the Flat Rock plant and last Thursday (June 1st), he said the first one was going to the stamping department at 1:00 PM so that it would be in the Trim and Final department this afternoon (June 5th) in time for the JOB 1 celebration.

I checked a minute ago and there is no word from him as to whether or not all that has happened.

On a further note, I asked him about my car, which is scheduled for June 12th, to see if it might actually go to the stamping department this week. He said it was possible.

Whatever the correct answer is, it will probably be Wednseday before we see any pictures or anything. I would love to know what color combination that guy choose that paid the $600k for the first one!

OK----Did Job 1 start today and is everything going as planned???

Any new pictures today???

Thanks!!!!

Judy :roses:

Manana. 6/6/06. Per Ford Performance today.

:shift:

bj

Does anyone else think the date for JOB1 bodes ill? :devil:

Ford's been doing a lot of unconventional marketing lately. Maybe it's a tie in with that movie we see on all the billboards. Or maybe it's the color code for white cars with blue stripes. Damn! Did I say that outloud again?

:hysterical:

bj

:hysterical2: BJ,

You're killin' me!

Thank you....thank you....anyone here from outta town? Make sure and tip your bartenders and waitresses. Oh, and try the veal.

:happy feet:

bj

OK----Did Job 1 start today and is everything going as planned???

Any new pictures today???

Thanks!!!!

Judy :roses:

My dealer spoke to his rep today. She said everything is on schedule and his 1st (MINE) would be scheduled very soon. He is a Pres Award Winner. I hope the SVT dealers get theirs quickly so we can get this show on the road!!!!

Our GT500 was scheduled for "the week of" June 5th. The status of the order has been changed to "bucked" with a date of 6/09 for the actual build now. ETA to the dealership is now listed as the week of June 26th, which jives with the previously mentioned "OK to ship" being held to June 26th.

Hey guys! I'm fairly new to StangsUnleashed, but having found this site I've been frequenting it everyday to find anything new. I have a question about calling the VOPC to find out the status of my order. I have all of the required info on my DORA. (I received my DORA the day after I placed my order on 4/11/06) I would really like to call these folks to hear something about my order (I have to work hard to drag any new info out of my dealer...) I'm a little nervous about giving my SALESMAN'S name over the phone. Does anyone else feel this way? I mean, is it okay to do that? :headscratch: Maybe this is a dumb question, but I have seen so many of you posting the information about your orders that I would like to have myself. Right now, I would just be happy with a VIN. I'm #2 on the list at my dealer (He's only getting 2 cars, the owner is #1) Please help. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Linson

Alloy w/ Satin Silver Coupe

Order Date 4/11/06

Order No. 2

Priority Code 15

Hey guys! I'm fairly new to StangsUnleashed, but having found this site I've been frequenting it everyday to find anything new. I have a question about calling the VOPC to find out the status of my order. I have all of the required info on my DORA. (I received my DORA the day after I placed my order on 4/11/06) I would really like to call these folks to hear something about my order (I have to work hard to drag any new info out of my dealer...) I'm a little nervous about giving my SALESMAN'S name over the phone. Does anyone else feel this way? I mean, is it okay to do that? :headscratch: Maybe this is a dumb question, but I have seen so many of you posting the information about your orders that I would like to have myself. Right now, I would just be happy with a VIN. I'm #2 on the list at my dealer (He's only getting 2 cars, the owner is #1) Please help. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Linson

Alloy w/ Satin Silver Coupe

Order Date 4/11/06

Order No. 2

Priority Code 15

I'd recommend waiting. Currently the VOPC does not recognize Shelby body codes....so you'll be directly to a live person. They will ask you questions you won't be prepared for such as "do you want a full or a half?". If you wait a bit longer, hopefully they'll get the VOPC working for Shelbys...then you can check on things without having to speak to an analyst. Just my opinion....I'd hate to see the whole VOPC get turned off or have the number changed because too many non-dealers are calling. Try the VOPC automated line occasionally until it recognizes T88 (for coupes)...then we'll be in business.

Dave

I'd recommend waiting. Currently the VOPC does not recognize Shelby body codes....so you'll be directly to a live person. They will ask you questions you won't be prepared for such as "do you want a full or a half?". If you wait a bit longer, hopefully they'll get the VOPC working for Shelbys...then you can check on things without having to speak to an analyst. Just my opinion....I'd hate to see the whole VOPC get turned off or have the number changed because too many non-dealers are calling. Try the VOPC automated line occasionally until it recognizes T88 (for coupes)...then we'll be in business.

Dave

Thanks Dave. Again, I really appreciate the input. :)

Linson

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 5 2006, 07:55 PM) 18363[/snapback]

Our GT500 was scheduled for "the week of" June 5th. The status of the order has been changed to "bucked" with a date of 6/09 for the actual build now. ETA to the dealership is now listed as the week of June 26th, which jives with the previously mentioned "OK to ship" being held to June 26th.

Five O B,

I really have enjoyed all the good info, but what I want to know is, is your "GT500" is a V.I.P.

car. I was told by SVT rep. that the V.I.P. cars where being built 1st. I'm a powerlease buyer

and when I made my deal I was told I would get "MY 07 Cobra 1ST". :rant: This was before The Man

put his name on it... :fan: ... you seem to be the most informative person on this sight :sos:

DOES 1ST MEAN 1ST or the 1st one we decide to send you :headscratch:

Dave

If ypu have your VIN, you could try Customer Relations @ 1-800-392-3673. They've been helpful for me.

Chip in SC

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 5 2006, 07:55 PM) 18363[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Five O B,

I really have enjoyed all the good info, but what I want to know is, is your "GT500" is a V.I.P.

car. I was told by SVT rep. that the V.I.P. cars where being built 1st. I'm a powerlease buyer

and when I made my deal I was told I would get "MY 07 Cobra 1ST". :rant: This was before The Man

put his name on it... :fan: ... you seem to be the most informative person on this sight :sos:

Hi, I got the same response yesterday from Andrew at the distribution center. I am also a powerlease holder. I have my DORA, bit sill no VIN or build date. Have you gotten yours yet? All my dealer could tell me was that it is a "Clean Order".

Hi, I got the same response yesterday from Andrew at the distribution center. I am also a powerlease holder. I have my DORA, bit sill no VIN or build date. Have you gotten yours yet? All my dealer could tell me was that it is a "Clean Order".

Clean Order?

I just love all these terms that no other industry uses. It's like telling you something that really doesn't mean anything. Like "bucking", isn't that about Pro Rodeo? Does Chevy do this?

Gonna go talk again today to get new DORA as I,ve also changed my mind about the color.

I think I saw a VIN. but won't be sure till later. Andrew also told me that powerlease holders would get

there cars after V.I.P. cars.

What gives :rant: I thought we were 1st. dosen't say nothing in my contract about V.I.P. :banghead: ..

unless we're V.I.P. yeah right :shrug:

If ypu have your VIN, you could try Customer Relations @ 1-800-392-3673. They've been helpful for me.

Chip in SC

See, that's the thing, I don't have my VIN yet. And if I do, my dealer hasn't told me what it is. Hopefully I'll find out something new today or tomorrow. :shrug:

Thanks Chip.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 5 2006, 07:55 PM) 18363[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Five O B,

Our first GT500 is not a VIP car. It is a regular order for a regular customer. Not a Powerlease. Just an early order placed by a very well-liked, big volume SVT/Mustang dealership relative to the other dealers in our region. We're the dealer that takes all the vehicles Ford wants to pawn off on us, and then some, so we earn some favors for helping Ford out. We often step up and take lots of extra vehicles that the other dealers around us don't want, so we earn lots of extra "brownie points."

Oh boy here we go!

That sounds like a VIP car to me! A regular order, regular customer car would come after the PL people....

Glad I didn't get my powerlease order from you all LOL

Our customer will be pleased to know that you think of him as a VIP, and not just a regular customer.

Incidentally, we had absolutely ZERO powerleases at our dealership and our Ford rep mentioned that there was maybe just one in our area, so why would our "regular customer" have to wait for his car if there isn't anyone (or only one) to put ahead of him for a PL?

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 6 2006, 07:15 PM) 18628[/snapback]

Our first GT500 is not a VIP car. It is a regular order for a regular customer. Not a Powerlease. Just an early order placed by a very well-liked, big volume SVT/Mustang dealership relative to the other dealers in our region. We're the dealer that takes all the vehicles Ford wants to pawn off on us, and then some, so we earn some favors for helping Ford out. We often step up and take lots of extra vehicles that the other dealers around us don't want, so we earn lots of extra "brownie points."

If thats the case did this guy want this car back in May of 2004? Cause I did! :baby:

Anyways, thanks a mil. Five Ho B, greatful for the honesty :cry:

Who knows, I might be getting mine off the 1st run, I just don't know yet :shrug:

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 6 2006, 07:55 PM) 18637[/snapback]

Our customer will be pleased to know that you think of him as a VIP, and not just a regular customer.

Incidentally, we had absolutely ZERO powerleases at our dealership and our Ford rep mentioned that there was maybe just one in our area, so why would our "regular customer" have to wait for his car if there isn't anyone (or only one) to put ahead of him for a PL?

So its an alocated car to your dealer ship?

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Jun 7 2006, 04:55 AM) 18637[/snapback]

Let me guess. Is it Bill Gates? He ordered a Vista Blue one, like the new Windows Vista. :hysterical:

So, what's the chances the production did actually start Monday the 5th, or before? I called Ford today with my VIN and they said the car was scheduled for a 'Maintenance Check' on 6/5. In other words, according to the rep on the phone line the car was already built as of today.

If this is true - I'll wait a few days to recheck - Ford did deliver on the PowerLease promise that some of us - including me - had doubts about. That is, the priority scheduling of our cars. OBTW, my serial number is in the 209XXX range. Compare that to Five Oh B's car with a 196XXX number if I recall correctly.

Archived