TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT 1/4 Mile

pagerart

For those of us who were fortunate enough to make it to Mr. Shelby's birthday (or anyone else with the info) how about posting best times at the drag strip and a little technical info such as 5 speed vs. auto, engine mods, tunes, etc. It doesn't matter if you are the most experienced racer (it was my first time), just a way to compare how performance is effected by changes to the cars. Here goes mine:

14.167 @ 100mph

5 speed with brenspeed tune (91 octane) and steeda elbow

fays2 watts link

weather was in the 60's, not sure on the humidity I raced 3 GTH and won all of them , my daughter raced

1 s/c SGT and lost by 1/2 second, her next race was a gt500 and she won by .21

Outstanding!!!! Good job for both you and your daughter. :superhero:

weather was in the 60's, not sure on the humidity I raced 3 GTH and won all of them , my daughter raced

1 s/c SGT and lost by 1/2 second, her next race was a gt500 and she won by .21

WOW...beat a GT500?? Happy to hear that! :happy feet:

Whoa...not the best times..supercharged GT's should be in the mid-low twelves. :(

Finally, I've been waiting for some e.t.'s. Looks like traction was a big problem!!

Just wanna share some tips with y'all...

When you go to the 1/4 mile track and find a pit, disconnect your battery for about 15-20 minutes while you fuss with other important stuff. This clears the "adaptive" memory in the EEC, and the car will run it's best in local atmosphere and altitude conditions. Those of you who drove OTR to the track, or, had your cars trucked in, were handicapped from the start.

If you are driving a stick car and plan on racing rather regular, get a "line-lock" installed. This will allow for better burnouts and launches, and without any damage to the the powertrain or rear brakes.

Autos...Just brake torque it, but not over 2K RPM. The stock converter is a 2800 RPM stall.

Smoke 'em up hard and get 'em nice and sticky, and plan on buying tires sooner than you think?

Drive on, gents.

Hello Everyone,

Here is my best run for the drags,

The weather was dry, high 60.s, sunshine. made 5 passes This was my last and best, The car was just run and turned around and run again, No cool down.

No water on the radials, slight mini burn to remove debris. Shelby GT /SC, 373 rear gears, street radials, SCT tune from JBA, Short headers. 420 rwhp

Reaction time .114

60 2.127

330 5.583

1/8 8.395

mph @ 1/8 87.82

1000 10.888

1/4 12.970

mph @ 1/4 107.76

With Slicks I would be in the low 12.s

LAter,

Clink

Just wanna share some tips with y'all...

When you go to the 1/4 mile track and find a pit, disconnect your battery for about 15-20 minutes while you fuss with other important stuff. This clears the "adaptive" memory in the EEC, and the car will run it's best in local atmosphere and altitude conditions. Those of you who drove OTR to the track, or, had your cars trucked in, were handicapped from the start.

If you are driving a stick car and plan on racing rather regular, get a "line-lock" installed. This will allow for better burnouts and launches, and without any damage to the the powertrain or rear brakes.

Autos...Just brake torque it, but not over 2K RPM. The stock converter is a 2800 RPM stall.

Smoke 'em up hard and get 'em nice and sticky, and plan on buying tires sooner than you think?

Drive on, gents.

Would this also erase any custom tune?

Would this also erase any custom tune?

No...Absolutely not. Different areas of the EEC.

Think about your personal computer for a moment? There your have the BIOS, then RAM, and then HDD storage, right?

Your tune is in the BIOS, can't change it until you flash over it, but the flash over will be recorded too. FMC will know you were there.

"Adaptive memory" is RAM, just cut the power and RAM dies. Your last 300 hours of driving evaporate, you start over. Neat, and handy, and for a lot of reasons.

And, there is a small (and permanent) "HDD" like storage space of certain 411. "Black box" stuff you (and Ford) cannot touch.

Thus, if you go to the track, you should clear your RAM before attempting your best time in the 1/4 mile. Your tune (BIOS) will deliver the basic parameters of a brand new car, but your HDD (permanent storage) will reveal (if peeked at) your WOT, top speed and RPMs, hard brake events, fuel trim, and so on, as long as the last 20 seconds of vehicle operation. You cannot erase this, and it's readible by FMC, (and law enforcement) with the right toys. All they need to see, is wanting to see it. Drive 140 MPH and tap the brakes down to 90 MPH, and FMC will know it happened.

Makes me want to buy another EEC just to switch it out on race day, but that's another problem. Where to get the FRP tune on a blank EEC...

No...Absolutely not. Different areas of the EEC.

Think about your personal computer for a moment? There your have the BIOS, then RAM, and then HDD storage, right?

Your tune is in the BIOS, can't change it until you flash over it, but the flash over will be recorded too. FMC will know you were there.

"Adaptive memory" is RAM, just cut the power and RAM dies. Your last 300 hours of driving evaporate, you start over. Neat, and handy, and for a lot of reasons.

And, there is a small (and permanent) "HDD" like storage space of certain 411. "Black box" stuff you (and Ford) cannot touch.

Thus, if you go to the track, you should clear your RAM before attempting your best time in the 1/4 mile. Your tune (BIOS) will deliver the basic parameters of a brand new car, but your HDD (permanent storage) will reveal (if peeked at) your WOT, top speed and RPMs, hard brake events, fuel trim, and so on, as long as the last 20 seconds of vehicle operation. You cannot erase this, and it's readible by FMC, (and law enforcement) with the right toys. All they need to see, is wanting to see it. Drive 140 MPH and tap the brakes down to 90 MPH, and FMC will know it happened.

Makes me want to buy another EEC just to switch it out on race day, but that's another problem. Where to get the FRP tune on a blank EEC...

Just curious for any one East of Vegas that had their vehicles tuned for 93 octane did you have to buy 91 octane in Vegas and was there any difference? Any pinging, etc?

Hey guys - glad to see you are hitting the track too. I keep up a thread with mods listed etc over in the GT500 tech/mod section. It is a sticky and thus right at the top and easy to find. We have one Shelby GT in there already and I think he was at 11.4 actually which is a very solid time. If any of you want to get listed please feel free to put in your info on the thread in the format we are using and I'll updat that original post so you are listed too.

PM me if you have any questions.

2007 Shelby GT S/C Paxton 11.5, Alcohol Injection System Stage 2, ARH LT, X, HF cats, adj UCA, adj PHB, billet LCA with relocation brackets, Power House Alum. DS, loop, 410s, 31 spline Moser axles, TruTrac, MGW Shifter, line lock, WB fuel, boost cobalt gauges, MSD shift light mounted on SS pillar and running MT Streets 26x11.50.17.

My best out of 8 runs 11.432/123.80

other ets 11.84/117.53, 11.569/122.09, 11.564/12.61, 11.611/123.10, 11.498/121.66, 11.674/121.18, 11.700/119.81

First time back to the drags in 23 years boys and it can only get better ETs

That was Oct. 27th 2007. dyno at 464 RWHP 411 RWTQ

Just made a few more mods Dyno at 503 RWHP 468 RWTQ on 100 oct.

upgrade to 295/45/17 MT DR, k member w/torque limiters, Tokico, SS brake lines, poly motor mounts.

I shooting for 10sec club this year.

Hope the bottom can hold up!

I have three tunes Mild, Z06, ALL OUT!!

Check my car (pg.181 ad for reelspeed) and my local LIstang club (pg.58) in March MMFF.

Sweet!!!

trackrentall10-12-07063-2.jpg

CIMG2599.jpg

CIMG2597.jpg

trackrentall10-12-07043.jpg

CIMG2277.jpg

Archived