TEAM SHELBY FORUM

burbling noise over 6,000 rpm

Hello,

Here is one noise I found on my 2006 GT-H automatic. When I step on the gas and if I am not careful I can go over the 6,000 rpm level by about a a hundred RPM. At this time it makes a burbling noise or muffled popping noise. Anyone have this issue. I believe the redline is at 6,000 rpm. It accelerates and drives really well. Should the car also be able to go over 6,000 rpm. Thanks.

ground zero

Hello,

Here is one noise I found on my 2006 GT-H automatic. When I step on the gas and if I am not careful I can go over the 6,000 rpm level by about a a hundred RPM. At this time it makes a burbling noise or muffled popping noise. Anyone have this issue. I believe the redline is at 6,000 rpm. It accelerates and drives really well. Should the car also be able to go over 6,000 rpm. Thanks.

ground zero

It depends on when you're hitting 6000rpm's. If you're launching and hitting 6000, it could be a combination of your rev limiter and your traction control. If you're on the freeway at high speeds it's definitely your rev limiter.

Your rev limiter is a safety feature. You can have your car tuned and have the rev limiter raised. Personally, if your going to have your car tuned, I would have it dyno tuned. Not all cars respond well to canned tunes. Hope this helps.

Dave

Archived