TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone else headed to NC this weekend?

mikewillsmith

I called back today and it looks like only the three coupes will be available. I'm totally bummed as that is the only reason that I was going. I can't return my flight tickets now, so I'll still go. This totaly blows! I don't know what happened, if Hertz sold off the other cars already or what. This stinks! Oh well, we'll have to see what the three cars go for. I don't think that I'll be able to afford one of the convertibles at this point.

I called back today and it looks like only the three coupes will be available. I'm totally bummed as that is the only reason that I was going. I can't return my flight tickets now, so I'll still go. This totaly blows! I don't know what happened, if Hertz sold off the other cars already or what. This stinks! Oh well, we'll have to see what the three cars go for. I don't think that I'll be able to afford one of the convertibles at this point.

Those 3 cars have pretty high miles.

Maybe they'll go cheap, that or all the guys there were coming for all those coupes will bid up the only 3 at the auction.

I wonder where all those coupes went... likely show up on ebay soon!!

Well, I just returned home from NC. This auction was a complete farse. Yes there were only three Coupes there. They were all in really poor shape. They were the last three coupes which Hertz owned. I also found out from one of the guys there from Hertz that they haven't had 25 Coupes in many months. He didn't know where that 25 number came from that Kruse was advertising. So I don't know if Kruse just made that up or what. Either way it is just really wrong. I met many people there that were there only for the Coupes and were just as disgusted as I. I met people from Canada that were there for the coupes and were just like me. I doubt that I will ever go to a Kruse auction again, that was just awful. The three coupes sold for $29K, 32K, and 35K.

:censored:

The 38 converts were an absolute joke. Hertz had a reserve on all of them from $51K to $54K. I believe that only 8 of them sold. It was hard to tell at some point which ones they passed on and which ones sold. I'm sure some one else there might have more info on exactly which numbers sold. I know a few sold between 51K and 54.5K. They easily could have sold them all for $50K if Hertz would have let them go. With the 10% buyers fee, that is over $55K for the converts. I can't imagine there is that much market out there for these cars at that price. Maybe there is, we'll have to see I guess.

That's enough rant for now. What did the others think. I usually don't try to be negative, but I speant many dollars to get there with my wife and to be there, and this was a total joke.

So those of you that really wanted to go but couldn't, you didn't miss a thing.

:banghead::banghead:

Wow, that blows! Thanks for the update. I'm glad I wasn't able to make it now. I guess Kruse doesn't have a good reputation now (if they ever did!)

Hertz appears to be very proud of those convertibles. I was searching Autotrader yesterday to see if any GT-H verts were for sale.

I found two for sale, both at Hertz Auto Sales locations. one for $63k in Santa Clara CA and another one for $75k in Ogden UT.

Hertz appears to be very proud of those convertibles.

And they appear to be more cosmetic than the GT-H coupes! The GT-H vert I rented did NOT have the FRPP handling pack. It only had the lowering springs on it. From a performance standpoint all you get is a CAI, tune, lowering springs, and exhaust.

Archived