TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shaking/Jarring when hitting almost 6000rpms in first gear

jrocoby

Has anyone ever experienced any shaking or jarring from the rearend on their GT500 that resonates throughout the frame when getting on it hard from a stop or rolling start at about 6000 rpm in first gear. I have a stock white/blue stripe 2007 GT500 with approximately 2250 miles since I purchased it in April 2007. I just recently started noticing that the car heavily jars the from the backend while accelerating hard in first gear at the 6000 rpm range just before shifting to 2nd gear. It is intermittent meaning it doesn't do it all the time and I have experienced this both with traction control on and off. I have taken it in to my local dealer and they could not replicate the problem and I could replicate it when the tech was in the crar with me driving. I have another scheduled appointment with them tomorrow the local dealer. Does anyone have any thoughts of what might cause this?

Is it possible that you are experiencing some wheel hop? Accelerating hard and hitting a small defect in the road could trigger wheel hop at random times. I've experienced it once or twice. I started accelerating hard with no noticeable wheel hop. I then ran over a small seem in the road, and the rear wheels started hopping like mad.

Is it possible that you are experiencing some wheel hop? Accelerating hard and hitting a small defect in the road could trigger wheel hop at random times. I've experienced it once or twice. I started accelerating hard with no noticeable wheel hop. I then ran over a small seem in the road, and the rear wheels started hopping like mad.

Thank you for your reply. Will changing out stock lower control arms seem to remedy this? I have read other posts on this site where other GT500 owners that have modified their cars have experienced ecessive wheel hop at take off and the summarization of their replies suggest that changing out the LCAs willl take care of most of the hop. I would consider changing them, but I don't want to start changing out alot of factory parts in the rear suspension. If this is normal and others experience it sometimss under hard acceleration then I will accept it is a design flaw and learn to live with it.

Thank you for your reply. Will changing out stock lower control arms seem to remedy this? I have read other posts on this site where other GT500 owners that have modified their cars have experienced ecessive wheel hop at take off and the summarization of their replies suggest that changing out the LCAs willl take care of most of the hop. I would consider changing them, but I don't want to start changing out alot of factory parts in the rear suspension. If this is normal and others experience it sometimss under hard acceleration then I will accept it is a design flaw and learn to live with it.

Changing out the LCAs and the UCA will eliminate wheel hop. I definitely recommend this mod. Just do a search on Wheel Hop to find many discussions on the subject.

I've hit the rev limiter as well and know "that" feeling. I would agree with Ingram4868. It may be that simple.....(hopefully!!)

Thanks for the advice. Hopefully that is what it is. Is there a possibility that the rev limiter could have a glich in the program to go off before the 6250 rpm mark?

Guys lets not confuse him

IT IS WHEEL HOP and only that, nothing more

Get some LCAs and UCA and no more jarring and hopping and all that crap

Just had the the tech at my dealer take a drive with me and it did the jarring on three different hard take offs in first gear. He determined it was wheel hop and got with Ford Performance hotline to ask if there was a current fix for the issue. The told him that it was normal for this car to wheel hop under hard accerlation and said to advise customer of the tire decal inside the left door jam that states the operational conditions of these tires.

I also spoke with at tech at the Ford Performance Group/SVT today and he said it is the design of the supsension for this car that causes the car to experience wheel hop under hard acceleration. SVT was looking for a comfortable ride quality for this vehicle and was the reason (and maybe cost too) why they chose to use rubber bushings via polyurathene bushings (as they would allow for a stiffer ride quality). So needless to say for does not cover the replacement of the bushings with polyurathene bushings for these reasons. He did mention that I could get some aftermarket ones to fix the wheel hop, but would be on my dime.

Does anyone that has changed out there uppers and lowers notice a big difference in ride quality over road defects and cracks vs. the OEM upper and lowers?

I have read comments from others that have made the switch. I do not recall negative comments about changing out the LCA's. I have read negative comments about adding interior noise and added harshness when changing the UCA's with a poly bushing. Many people have suggested to start with the LCA's so see if that stops your hop. It has for many.

Archived