TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Home. :)

Revans310

Hey all!

The old stuff hasn't been moved over and I have asked for an update on when that might happen so stay tuned!

Nice to see you guys and gals!

-Jeff

I guess we'll never know who made the last post.

Hey all!

The old stuff hasn't been moved over and I have asked for an update on when that might happen so stay tuned!

Nice to see you guys and gals!

-Jeff

Jeff,

It looks like some of the posts made it but not all. Maybe they are still working on it. Hopefully they will get the post counts crossed over too.

Okay, what I am about to suggest will have a few of you throwing bottles and bricks at me, but it does affect us all.

If everyone from SU got moved over here, and everyone from SA got moved over here, and this is really a brand new site...

Well then, start the post counts over? Same deal for all of us, clean house and start fresh.

Sometimes, web sites get to be like that one kitchen drawer? The one where junk goes 'cause it has no other place to go?

C'mon, we all have one...

Jeeze! (ducking) Whew! That didn't take long, who's got the million dollar arm out there?

Unfortune but we knew the time was near. At least it will save me time from checking two different sites now. I really hope we get all those post. There was an awful lot of good information that would be a shame to lose.

Hi guys !!! This is so sad, but I guess we have to make the best of it.

I can't take this black backround and white font though..gonna have to switch that !

Sure miss all of you already !

I have alot of pics to post, but got that cold that is going around, so will do it tomorrow.

Chris..if you are out there...email me your home address...I have your gold medal ! They are very nice !

Haven't even unpacked yet, been in bed most the day :banghead:

It sure was such a pleasure meeting all of you....you will forever be in my hearts !

Okay, what I am about to suggest will have a few of you throwing bottles and bricks at me, but it does affect us all.

If everyone from SU got moved over here, and everyone from SA got moved over here, and this is really a brand new site...

Well then, start the post counts over? Same deal for all of us, clean house and start fresh.

Sometimes, web sites get to be like that one kitchen drawer? The one where junk goes 'cause it has no other place to go?

C'mon, we all have one...

Jeeze! (ducking) Whew! That didn't take long, who's got the million dollar arm out there?

The SU guys only got moved to a new server. They got to keep their names and their post counts. We are being mergrd into them but so far nothing has transfered. I thought a few posts had but I guess they were posted over here as well as on our site.

I know this is trivial but I am tired of people saying we all got moved when we didn't. It was only us at Shelby Autos.

If the SU posters don't have to start over why should we?

Sorry, I didn't want to rant, I just couldn't help myself.

The old place was a REALLY great forum! I give credit to all of you for being patient with the new people who had questions. When I first started to look at the Shelby's, I was awe-struck by the sheer power of the GT 500 (an incredible vehicle, it goes without saying), but somewhere along the line I caught the enthusiasm that all of you SGT owners have for your rides. And I'm glad I did!! I couldn't be happier with my SGT...unless of course I could snap my fingers and make it have heated seats and Sirius.

I really don't care about the post count it is only a number and alot of SU guys have grossly inflated counts by +1s and emoticons.

Getting our threads over here where we can refrence them is huge though.

You are right. The posts are the most important thing. It just frustrates me that people are saying that we all got moved. If anyone had been on SU for the last several months it is obvious that this site is SU, just on a new server with a new name. We were even told a while back that we were being moved to SU since it was a better forum technology wise.

I'm really not trying to gripe I just want the facts straight.

The old place was a REALLY great forum! I give credit to all of you for being patient with the new people who had questions. When I first started to look at the Shelby's, I was awe-struck by the sheer power of the GT 500 (an incredible vehicle, it goes without saying), but somewhere along the line I caught the enthusiasm that all of you SGT owners have for your rides. And I'm glad I did!! I couldn't be happier with my SGT...unless of course I could snap my fingers and make it have heated seats and Sirius.

I don't know what to tell you about the heated seats but I was told a few days ago that if you call Sirius they might send you a receiver for free if you sign up for the service.

Don't know if it is true or not but it might be worth a try.

Jeff,

It looks like some of the posts made it but not all. Maybe they are still working on it. Hopefully they will get the post counts crossed over too.

Jayson,

I think what you're seeing is the result of some kind souls that for the last month or so have been creating threads in BOTH forums.

As soon as I get more word I will post.

-Jeff

You are right. The posts are the most important thing. It just frustrates me that people are saying that we all got moved. If anyone had been on SU for the last several months it is obvious that this site is SU, just on a new server with a new name. We were even told a while back that we were being moved to SU since it was a better forum technology wise.

I'm really not trying to gripe I just want the facts straight.

Speaking from an IT perspective...

This site uses a different type of software for the forum than the old site. This means the database schema(i'm sure they both run on mysql but the table structure will be different) will be different so it's not as simple as copying the database tables from the old server to the new one. There would have to be a conversion process written and this would requre EXTENSIVE knowledge of both applications. Even then it would be comlicated.

I believe the old posts are gone for good gents. Having said that...it appears that sgtclub.com is using the same software that shelbyauto's was using so that process would be rather straight-forward and doable....just install the forum software and copy the database from the old host.

Speaking from an IT perspective...

This site uses a different type of software for the forum than the old site. This means the database schema(i'm sure they both run on mysql but the table structure will be different) will be different so it's not as simple as copying the database tables from the old server to the new one. There would have to be a conversion process written and this would requre EXTENSIVE knowledge of both applications. Even then it would be comlicated.

I believe the old posts are gone for good gents. Having said that...it appears that sgtclub.com is using the same software that shelbyauto's was using so that process would be rather straight-forward and doable....just install the forum software and copy the database from the old host.

Speaking as an author or two books on Database design if that becomes an issue I will write the translator needed.

:headspin:

This is the exact same software that the old site used.

The migration problem would still be monumental, because of the differing user tables.

RIP.

Correct me if I am wrong but I think this site uses the same software as SU not Shelby Autos. The Shelby Autos forum looked different. The only difference between this and SU is the color.

This is the exact same software that the old site used.

The migration problem would still be monumental, because of the differing user tables.

RIP.

Since I can't see the old forum, then I can't say this statement is wrong, but you can look at the "powered by" logo at the bottom. SGTClub.com looks more like the old forum and it is powered by a different type of forum software.

If it's the same software then copying the user table over to this site would be no problem at all.

Archived