TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 only 500HP New CTSV 550+HP

mrdci

Only 550hp with the TVS blower isn't much to show for a TVS . A GT500 will be well over the 600 hp mark with the same TVS blower but at least it comes with a TVS from the factory kudos for that.

I do love those seats though. 4300 #'s with an automatic trans 4200#'s without that's at least 300#'s more than the GT500 with the 6 speed and 400#'s with the auto and I thought the Gt500 was heavy WOW.

The brakes were also done right with 6 piston up front and 4 piston rear but it will need them with that weight. The GT500 should have been fitted with those from the factory as well as the Recaro seats. I think it's going to be a very nice car .

I'd still take the GT500 without question.

Only 550hp with the TVS blower isn't much to show for a TVS . A GT500 will be well over the 600 hp mark with the same TVS blower but at least it comes with a TVS from the factory kudos for that.

I do love those seats though. 4300 #'s with an automatic trans 4200#'s without that's at least 300#'s more than the GT500 with the 6 speed and 400#'s with the auto and I thought the Gt500 was heavy WOW.

The brakes were also done right with 6 piston up front and 4 piston rear but it will need them with that weight. The GT500 should have been fitted with those from the factory as well as the Recaro seats. I think it's going to be a very nice car .

I'd still take the GT500 without question.

+1 .....GT500 all the way.

They are two different types / classes of car, no. 1. No. 2, there will always be something with more horsepower - at least until the new CAFE standards are in full force! I have (only) 319 hp and I'd still rather have my Shelby GT than that Cadillac!!!

Don't bet on it yet..........the vette will always be the top dog for GM........so as long as the z06 with 505 hp is being produced, which it is, the camaro will always have less.

The Z06 with 505hp was the old mark. The new mark is going to be in the 600-650hp. I wouldn't bet against seeing a 500hp in a Camaro. I don't think GM is going to sit on the side lines once they get rolling.

Dave

The Z06 with 505hp was the old mark. The new mark is going to be in the 600-650hp. I wouldn't bet against seeing a 500hp in a Camaro. I don't think GM is going to sit on the side lines once they get rolling.

Dave

GM is always late to the party......always!! Camaro, the other pos PT cruiser competitor, whatever that's called.........and many others

Don't bet on it yet..........the vette will always be the top dog for GM........so as long as the z06 with 505 hp is being produced, which it is, the camaro will always have less.

Maybe you havnt seen the Corvette ZR1? rated at 620 hp from the factory, the CTS-V shares the same 6.2L supercharged motor as the ZR1 just detuned a bit. I wouldnt doubt the new Camaro would get the CST-V version of the S/C 6.2L. They will probably call the Camaro the ZL1...

Maybe you havnt seen the Corvette ZR1? rated at 620 hp from the factory, the CTS-V shares the same 6.2L supercharged motor as the ZR1 just detuned a bit. I wouldnt doubt the new Camaro would get the CST-V version of the S/C 6.2L. They will probably call the Camaro the ZL1...

Did you read my post? "As long as the 505hp zo6 is in production" , now if they up that car hp or drop it completely and stick to the new 620 hp (which I doubt for a while due to low units produced of the new one), then yes but one or the other needs to happen.

Did you read my post? "As long as the 505hp zo6 is in production" , now if they up that car hp or drop it completely and stick to the new 620 hp (which I doubt for a while due to low units produced of the new one), then yes but one or the other needs to happen.

They are not going to make the zo6 anymore. They had too many problems with the hand built 7.0L's, thats why they switched to the 6.2L. So, starting in 09, the ZR1 vette is the cream of the crop, no more 505hp 7.0L zo6's.

I don't view the CTS as a competitor for the GT500. It's real competitors are the import luxury sports sedans; cars like the BMWs M3 and M5, the Mercedes AMG C63, the Audi RS4 as well as the new Lexus IS-F.

If the Caddy would be all-wheel drive like the Audi (AWD is a must for a high performance car to be used safely all year long where I live), I would consider it as a very nice daily driver and a replacement for my aging S4 . However, I would never consider it as a replacement for my GT500.

Archived