TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Need help with color!

BCPD199

After pissing and moaning about ADM's, I've had 2 dealers call/E-mail me today offering their '08 convertibles for MSRP :D . (Did they get a memo about "09's?) I like the Vapor; but I also like the Vista Blue. I know from this forum that Vista Blue is the fastest color; but Vapor's gotta be pretty quick as well, right? Torch Red guys feel free to chip in (that would be my other choice). I know most are going to say pick the one you like best. That's the problem. All of those colors look fantastic.

When I ordered mine, it was between the Vista and the Vapor - I also had a hard time deciding on color. :waiting: I ended up going with the Vista with white stripes. In my opinion it stands out from the croud more (go ahead and flame me :finger: ). And as you already know ----- it is the faster color. :hysterical2:

After pissing and moaning about ADM's, I've had 2 dealers call/E-mail me today offering their '08 convertibles for MSRP :D . (Did they get a memo about "09's?) I like the Vapor; but I also like the Vista Blue. I know from this forum that Vista Blue is the fastest color; but Vapor's gotta be pretty quick as well, right? Torch Red guys feel free to chip in (that would be my other choice). I know most are going to say pick the one you like best. That's the problem. All of those colors look fantastic.

I've seen the Vapor with black stripes & it looks really good, plus it is not a very common color. Yes, it is similar to silver, but there is just a little something different about the color. imo

+1, agree!

I chose a Vapor w/ blk stripes for my GT500 Coupe. I too think the vapor is different than the previous silver. Besides, it looks awesome w/ the black trim. I also wanted something different. There are lots of reds, blues & white cars out there. They are beautiful as well but when I saw the vapor GT500 w/ black Lemans stripes, I just fell in love!

Another question, As long as miles stay lowwwwwww on my 08, (500 per year) what are the values going to be 2-3 yrs from now? I feel they will stay strong esp. if the Big 3 have to stop makin the big gas guzzle cars per Fed. gas regs. W/ Carroll Shelby's age in the mid 80's, when he retires or passes, will Shelbys continue to be produced?

last question. I keep reading the reviews on the front end of GT500's being weak & sloppy. My dealer told me that was corrected & improved for the 08 models. Any truth there?

Thanks. Pickin my car up tomorrow!

I chose a Vapor w/ blk stripes for my GT500 Coupe. I too think the vapor is different than the previous silver. Besides, it looks awesome w/ the black trim. I also wanted something different. There are lots of reds, blues & white cars out there. They are beautiful as well but when I saw the vapor GT500 w/ black Lemans stripes, I just fell in love!

Another question, As long as miles stay lowwwwwww on my 08, (500 per year) what are the values going to be 2-3 yrs from now? I feel they will stay strong esp. if the Big 3 have to stop makin the big gas guzzle cars per Fed. gas regs. W/ Carroll Shelby's age in the mid 80's, when he retires or passes, will Shelbys continue to be produced?

last question. I keep reading the reviews on the front end of GT500's being weak & sloppy. My dealer told me that was corrected & improved for the 08 models. Any truth there?

Thanks. Pickin my car up tomorrow!

I want to thank everybody for their input. After going back and forth, I went with the Vapor. I had an '03 10th anniversary 'vert in silver so I went with that color combo again. I love the red as well; but there's alot of red 'verts out there. I've always been different, why change now!

Archived