TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Difference between the Shaker 500 and 1000

Right now I have the 1000 in my 05 GT. I was wondering if the only difference is the subwoofer in the trunk. If that was the case why pay $1300 to upgrade 2 speakers. The GT500 does come with the Shaker 500 right? I was just looking for some advice if the upgrade was worth it. Thanks for the help!

Right now I have the 1000 in my 05 GT. I was wondering if the only difference is the subwoofer in the trunk. If that was the case why pay $1300 to upgrade 2 speakers. The GT500 does come with the Shaker 500 right? I was just looking for some advice if the upgrade was worth it. Thanks for the help!

In addition to the subwoofers in the trunk, you also get an amp that gives you 1000W vs 500W. I too have a Shaker 1000 in my '05 Mustang GT, and it was a "must have" for me in my Shelby. I love it! :bandance:

Sure you can get an aftermarket stereo system, but I personally don't want to spend the time doing that. I'd rather been tooling around rather than worrying what the pimple-faced 18 year olds at the stereo shop are doing with my baby after I drop her off. :rant:

Very good point...keep it factory. I didn't really see a big difference in the GT's I've been in, but the stereo choice was my wife's. $42000 car mine $1000 stereo hers, sounds like a deal. :hysterical:

I was told by an SVT dealer today that the Shaker 1000 on a GT500 order would result in a production delay :rant:

I, too, ordered it but told the dealer to drop it if it was going to slow down getting the car. Not so sure that the 1000 would be worth it to an old :censored: like me anyway!

I was told by an SVT dealer today that the Shaker 1000 on a GT500 order would result in a production delay :rant:

I, too, ordered it but told the dealer to drop it if it was going to slow down getting the car. Not so sure that the 1000 would be worth it to an old :censored: like me anyway!

According to Ford, only the 'verts are on hold. The coupes are fine to order with the Shaker 1000

The 1000 adds a 700W separate amp for the sub.

Ford says the verts with the 1000 are on hold but I've seen somewhere that none with the 1000 have actually shipped so far due to some sort of problem.

Yes, I know exactly what that problem is that's caused NONE of them to ship...it's because they haven't started production yet. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Dave

Archived