TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Another 40th question

I've been on the fence with the 40th, I've got my car scheduled to be dropped off at a Dealer in my area and was planning on having close to $7500 worth of mods done all frpp and roush stuff. I've talked with both Doug and Cynthia about the 40th package and was close to sending in my $6000 deposit,and then I started thinking I wanted the power and brake upgrade.I figured I could sell my take off parts and recoup some of the extra cost.I would go with the 700hp and have the work done at Tasca since I live about 40 minutes away, I know they aren't online yet and that was one concern.How long of wait would there be? The biggest concern for me is the clutch problems some of the early builds have my car has 615 miles on it no problems other than hissing so far, If I go with the 700hp you lose your warranty, what happens if my clutch goes after my 40th is built? Does anyone else have those concerns?

I've been on the fence with the 40th, I've got my car scheduled to be dropped off at a Dealer in my area and was planning on having close to $7500 worth of mods done all frpp and roush stuff. I've talked with both Doug and Cynthia about the 40th package and was close to sending in my $6000 deposit,and then I started thinking I wanted the power and brake upgrade.I figured I could sell my take off parts and recoup some of the extra cost.I would go with the 700hp and have the work done at Tasca since I live about 40 minutes away, I know they aren't online yet and that was one concern.How long of wait would there be? The biggest concern for me is the clutch problems some of the early builds have my car has 615 miles on it no problems other than hissing so far, If I go with the 700hp you lose your warranty, what happens if my clutch goes after my 40th is built? Does anyone else have those concerns?

I've got a 40th with all the SuperSnake upgrades including the 725 HP Kenne Bell. (It's still at SAI waiting to be recertified) I think if your clutch goes out, you will have to pay to get it replaced. You won't know for sure until it happens, but I suspect that Ford will take the position that it went out because of the additional mods and you abused the car. Your warranty will be good for everything except the motor and the rest of the drivetrain. If warranty issues are important to you, don't go with the upgrades, including FRPP as most likely they will also void your warranty. Someone other than me said it on the forum, "If your gonna play, you gotta pay" My advice, have it done and don't look back, life is to short.

I've got a 40th with all the SuperSnake upgrades including the 725 HP Kenne Bell. (It's still at SAI waiting to be recertified) I think if your clutch goes out, you will have to pay to get it replaced. You won't know for sure until it happens, but I suspect that Ford will take the position that it went out because of the additional mods and you abused the car. Your warranty will be good for everything except the motor and the rest of the drivetrain. If warranty issues are important to you, don't go with the upgrades, including FRPP as most likely they will also void your warranty. Someone other than me said it on the forum, "If your gonna play, you gotta pay" My advice, have it done and don't look back, life is to short.

Well I agree, The mods I am having installed from a Ford Dealer are, fr3 handling pack,fr2 drag pack,roush wheel hop kit,roush painted rear window louvers and the frpp svt m-5230-sgt exhaust all installed for about $7500, none of which will affect my 5 year power train warranty.It would be ashame to pay close to $25000 for the 40th power upgrade and then have your clutch and tranny go and have to cough up another $12000 to have it fixed.

What kind of wait is there on the 40th? I know Tasca isn't up and running yet. Thats where I would want it to go.

I think SAI is still behind the wave on the 40th and the SS. I would allow several months wait to get it back there and up to a month when they get it. It could be quicker, but I wouldn't count on it. They usually will not give you dates and times if you call, but you can try.

I think SAI is still behind the wave on the 40th and the SS. I would allow several months wait to get it back there and up to a month when they get it. It could be quicker, but I wouldn't count on it. They usually will not give you dates and times if you call, but you can try.

tough decisions!!! Do you plan on driving your 40th after the shelby mods or are you going to store and show it and drive on an occasional nice day,

tough decisions!!! Do you plan on driving your 40th after the shelby mods or are you going to store and show it and drive on an occasional nice day,

It won't be a daily driver, but I will drive it on a regular basis. Nice days, no bad weather. I'm planning on car shows and occasional days at the track as well.

If you are expecting ford to stand behind their products rest assured they won't!!!! I had a 1994 SHO Taurus. At the time, it was ford's most expensive car. With 22000 miles and one year I experienced a clutch problem that was common with the SHO. Their position was at first that I was abusing the car, then the story changed to it was normal wear and tear and would not be covered. I couldn't even get the ford rep to talk to me. $1300 later it was fixed. needless to say I was underwhelmed with Ford as a company.

I pruchased my Shelby knowing Ford's attitude re warranty. Going in with no expectations makes any support offered feel like a bonus.

So if you do the SS complete or the 40th and add SS power you really are no worse off than having a stock GT500 and going in for service with a clutch problem. If you consider a warranty claim with ford like a trip to the blackjack table in Vegas-- the tie goes to the dealer and you lose--- then you will never be disapointed. If customer support is your main concern buy a BMW or a VW or AUDI. They give you a loaner, fix your car, and WASH it before you get it back.

So do the Shelby Mods which is best for resale, enjoy the car, and when it breaks just get it fixed on your own I'm sure there some independents that would jump at the chance to work on your car and your relationship with your car will be much better.

MY SHELBY EXPERIENCE HAS BEEN OUTSTANDING AND WHILE YOU MAY BE ABLE TO HAVE ONE OF THEIR APPROVED SHOPS DO THE WORK, DEALING WITH THE PEOPLE AT SAI IN VEGAS MAKES IT ALL WORTH IT. THEIR CARING AND COMMITMENT TO YOUR TOTAL SATISFACTION IS A BREATH OF FRESH AIR TODAY.

meckonica

07XL0226

#2 of 15

40th Anniversary Kickoff Party

Nov. 1 2007

post-9468-1200541137_thumb.jpg

Archived