TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire monitor pressure sensor

gt500forever

Dear All,

I recently changed tires & rims on my baby. (already have sensors on the rims)

Is there anyone who know how to reset Tire Monitor Pressure without me going to the dealer?

I have KB on under the hood, and I do not want dealer to avoid my warranty.

Yr help cerntainly appreciated.

Thanks !

gt500forever,

Dear All,

I recently changed tires & rims on my baby. (already have sensors on the rims)

Is there anyone who know how to reset Tire Monitor Pressure without me going to the dealer?

I have KB on under the hood, and I do not want dealer to avoid my warranty.

Yr help cerntainly appreciated.

Thanks !

gt500forever,

What you have under the hood has nothing to do with resetting the tire sensors. They don't need to lift the hood for anything. They can reset them while you are there. Shouldn't take but a few minutes.

They just run their trusty tool around the outside of the tires to activate the sensors. Nothing to it.

What you have under the hood has nothing to do with resetting the tire sensors. They don't need to lift the hood for anything. They can reset them while you are there. Shouldn't take but a few minutes.

They just run their trusty tool around the outside of the tires to activate the sensors. Nothing to it.

Thanks,

I guess I just have to take my chances. :hysterical2:

gt500forever ~

Thanks,

I guess I just have to take my chances. :hysterical2:

gt500forever ~

Even if they knew you had put a KB on the car, they are not going to run to their computer and start filling in info to make a note to Ford that, hey...vin # such and such has installed a different supercharger so void the warranty in case of any future issues with this car.

The only time you will have an issue is when the car is brought in for service when their is a mechanical issue with the powertrain. And how do you plan to avoid getting around that anyway? You don't want the warranty to be voided. Well it is a little late for that now. Unless you plan to remove the SC and return the car back to stock every time there is an issue with something?

Besides, if Ford was out to get everyone that has modified these cars just to void their warranty, guess what? They already got you! Ford monitors this site daily reading the posts here. With all the posting of who is who, vin numbers, dealers they bought the car from, build numbers posted of their cars, etc, etc. etc....well then Ford already knows what you did and would already have a record of that on file just from gathering enough info from this site!

Hey look! So and so got his dash plaque and posted a pic. Look, there is his vin number. Look at some of his other posts. He claims he did this and that. Look at his signature. He posted all the mods he has done. BUSTED! Make a note to void his warranty! :hysterical2:

Even if they knew you had put a KB on the car, they are not going to run to their computer and start filling in info to make a note to Ford that, hey...vin # such and such has installed a different supercharger so void the warranty in case of any future issues with this car.

The only time you will have an issue is when the car is brought in for service when their is a mechanical issue with the powertrain. And how do you plan to avoid getting around that anyway? You don't want the warranty to be voided. Well it is a little late for that now. Unless you plan to remove the SC and return the car back to stock every time there is an issue with something?

Besides, if Ford was out to get everyone that has modified these cars just to void their warranty, guess what? They already got you! Ford monitors this site daily reading the posts here. With all the posting of who is who, vin numbers, dealers they bought the car from, build numbers posted of their cars, etc, etc. etc....well then Ford already knows what you did and would already have a record of that on file just from gathering enough info from this site!

Hey look! So and so got his dash plaque and posted a pic. Look, there is his vin number. Look at some of his other posts. He claims he did this and that. Look at his signature. He posted all the mods he has done. BUSTED! Make a note to void his warranty! :hysterical2:

Well, what do you expect ! All shelby guys need more power & more torque and that's how we are !! :banghead:

Just ended up taking my car into the dealer after I replaced wheels and tires for a monitor reset - not the dealer I purchased from, just close to my office - took about five minutes - tech would not take any payment, said it was worth it just to drive the car back to the shop - said it needed to be road tested but would not take it on the road, just bring it back if there are any problems...

Archived