TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 SGT Question

Hardluck33

Looking for some assistance here. I am a military pilot and just bought a 2008 Shelby GT Coupe through military sales, yes they were able to acquire a few and I was fortunate enough to buy one. My question deals with the VIN. I put my VIN in the Shelby search from Shelbyautos.com and it comes back as a 2007 Ford Mustang---I am perplexed and can only think that 2007's GT's are converted to SGT's for the next year---any assistance?

I am new to the Shelby game and have only owned a 1966 289 Mustang, but I really look forward to picking this SGT up when I get home in a few weeks. My wife on the other hand is probably going to strangle me for this purchase.

I appreciate any insight.

Jason Davis

CW3, AV

SP/IE

Looking for some assistance here. I am a military pilot and just bought a 2008 Shelby GT Coupe through military sales, yes they were able to acquire a few and I was fortunate enough to buy one. My question deals with the VIN. I put my VIN in the Shelby search from Shelbyautos.com and it comes back as a 2007 Ford Mustang---I am perplexed and can only think that 2007's GT's are converted to SGT's for the next year---any assistance?

I am new to the Shelby game and have only owned a 1966 289 Mustang, but I really look forward to picking this SGT up when I get home in a few weeks. My wife on the other hand is probably going to strangle me for this purchase.

I appreciate any insight.

Jason Davis

CW3, AV

SP/IE

Jason,

Do you have your car? Might be a database error. What color is your car?

-Jeff

Jason,

Do you have your car? Might be a database error. What color is your car?

-Jeff

Jeff,

My quote and purchase order says blue with silver stripes, which means a 2008. Military Sales has no clue as they are just a broker for us to get discounted prices.... I pick the car up in 5 weeks when I get back from Afghanistan

Thanks

Jason

The 10th digit in the vin represents the model year.

So the 10th digit in your vin should be 8

Vista Blue SGT's are 2008 models. The 2007 models were Black or White.

So it is a glitch in the site

Thank you, I checked the VIN and the 10th is an 8. Guess, it'll get fixed in the system when the car ships, or I hope it will anyway.

Thanks again.

Jason

Archived