TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SELF DIMMING MIRROR INSTALL COMPLETE

Well I just swapped out my plain mirror with a Ford (option in these cars) self dimming mirror with compass and homelink for the garage doors. Far better than stock and no more openers in the glove box. Install was about 90min but was taking my time especially with the stock mirror removal so not to break the windshield. I also tapped in to the mirror wire harness with the Invisacord power cord for the radar detector so no wires hanging all over. The radar detector is mounted up at the visor screw with a bracket. Will have to get pics when it's not raining. I ordered a MTX 12" sub with amp that taps in to the rear speaker for power to fire the amp and fits in the pass rear corner of the trunk. Will be better than the shaker 1000 system. Guess after I get the correct stripes for the GT500 rear wing the only thing left is the SuperCharger! :happy feet:

Well I just swapped out my plain mirror with a Ford (option in these cars) self dimming mirror with compass and homelink for the garage doors. Far better than stock and no more openers in the glove box. Install was about 90min but was taking my time especially with the stock mirror removal so not to break the windshield. I also tapped in to the mirror wire harness with the Invisacord power cord for the radar detector so no wires hanging all over. The radar detector is mounted up at the visor screw with a bracket. Will have to get pics when it's not raining. I ordered a MTX 12" sub with amp that taps in to the rear speaker for power to fire the amp and fits in the pass rear corner of the trunk. Will be better than the shaker 1000 system. Guess after I get the correct stripes for the GT500 rear wing the only thing left is the SuperCharger! :happy feet:

Cool. I was looking at this for mine too. I want the garage opener/compass/temp version (I don't care about HomeLink).

Was there any other wiring to do? Where do you pick up the temperature sensor? Is it already on the vehicle (usually behind the grille) or do you have to add that too?

Did you get the Ford one or from the place that makes it for Ford?

Mine has compass, dimming and homelink no temp sensor. The kit from Ford comes with everything and the wires were tucked under the roof liner front and down the pass pilar to the fuse box in the pass panel. There is one constant hot, one ignition on hot and one ground, Very easy. If you get the one with temp sensor they tell you where to mount it and is not in the car as far as I know.

Cool. I was looking at this for mine too. I want the garage opener/compass/temp version (I don't care about HomeLink).

Was there any other wiring to do? Where do you pick up the temperature sensor? Is it already on the vehicle (usually behind the grille) or do you have to add that too?

Did you get the Ford one or from the place that makes it for Ford?

Mine has compass, dimming and homelink no temp sensor. The kit from Ford comes with everything and the wires were tucked under the roof liner front and down the pass pilar to the fuse box in the pass panel. There is one constant hot, one ignition on hot and one ground, Very easy. If you get the one with temp sensor they tell you where to mount it and is not in the car as far as I know.

What I'm wondering is if the wiring that is already there includes the wiring for the temp sensor or if we have go snaking wires through the headliner. Anyone installed one with the temp?

HomeLink is basically a garage door transmitter, but operates anything else working by remote control on those frequencies. Can turn on lights, open doors, start furnance/AC, what ever. I have two garages, and my HomeLink makes sense to me.

Regards to the mirror, it works to dim the brightness of lights following you, and mine also gives me direction (compass) and OAT. The wiring was not native to my '07 SGT, a new harness was needed to get it done right. The OAT requires another sensor, or, a tap into the present sensor. Either way, it requires a new hole in the firewall, and that makes it a real b*tch to install and make it look OEM.

Archived