TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mr. Shelby's Black on Black GT500KR

GT500-07

Oracal makes a translucent vinyl in black and it makes a transparent vinyl but not in black, instead it is a dark grey. The grey might look black on a glass back roof. I have a friend that is getting his wifes car striped and it has one of these roofs. I may talk to him about it.

Thanks

We were looking at "frost" because it looks like etched glass. But it is white and our stripes are flat black, If they made something like black frost that would look good, we have just never found anything. Do you know what the translucent black looks like?

Thanks

We were looking at "frost" because it looks like etched glass. But it is white and our stripes are flat black, If they made something like black frost that would look good, we have just never found anything. Do you know what the translucent black looks like?

I have a small sample here. It will let some light through as the intent is for it to be used on back lit signs, etc. You will not be able to see through it though.

hmmmm urban myths :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

+1 I was at the Birthday Bash and it did not have a glass roof. It was a 'stock' (if you can call it that!) KR. It did have a unique CSM #. Is is CSM# JAN112008. The first KR auctioned had a glass roof with stripes and 20" Alcoa wheels.

post-3252-1247347942_thumb.jpg

post-3252-1247347942_thumb.jpg

Ron Pratts has the glass roof you might of seen it also has a very unique CSM all X's he bought the Barrett Jackson one but that car was crushed. And replaced with a registationable one. The 20's in question... there is ONLY one set with the KR logo on them and they are not on either of those cars lol..

My bad. I was at the bash and saw the presentation at the party. I was also at BJ and saw the one there with the glass roof and 20s. I thought I had heard that it was the one Carroll received and he was auctioning it off for CSCF.

Robert, can you help us out? Bud?

I understand the car is CS's. I was at the 85th and saw it when it was being taken to the tent. I would figure it has a very low number. But was there anything done to the car that wasn't a "normal" KR item? That is what I figured was meant by special.

Tom

Archived