TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mr. Shelby's Black on Black GT500KR

GT500-07

IM very jealous

I wonder if that new front splitter will be available

I really think the hood will be available at a later time by Cervini or whatever or hell SAI I think will change their mind when they realize they could sell thousands more to regular GT500s.

At the end of the day it is about making money not exclusiveness to the KR owners IMO

matt black or alloy? looks like alloy stripes to me

Id go with stripe delete up top though, those over the top stripes dont look right and didnt the original kr have no top stripes just side

I love this car much more than the SS though. Don't you think the SS looks to tacky, this looks more like a production car than a tuner

It only takes money! Lots and lots of money! :hysterical2:

So has anyone heard if they announced what MSRP is going to be on this?

I thought they were going to announce that this weekend during the big birthday bash?

Well, I guess I will never own one cause I refuse to pay over MSRP. If I can find a reasonable dealer, then fine........

Well, I guess I will never own one cause I refuse to pay over MSRP. If I can find a reasonable dealer, then fine........

Lets see, a limited car that is bringing anywhere from $50K - $100K over and a dealer that would sell one for MSRP would be reasonable???

They would be incredibly stupid for turning down $50K pure profit!

Dealers are offering $50K over to any dealer that has allocation for one. So why would anyone in their right mind just pass that up by selling one for MSRP?

If you were a dealer, would YOU let yours go for that IF you were even lucky enough to get one to sell? Of course you wouldn't!

matt black or alloy? looks like alloy stripes to me

Id go with stripe delete up top though, those over the top stripes dont look right and didnt the original kr have no top stripes just side

I love this car much more than the SS though. Don't you think the SS looks to tacky, this looks more like a production car than a tuner

The article at http://www.themustangnews.com/eventcov_08/...108auction2.htm states:

"This one-of-a-kind ebony GT500KR features a glass roof that will be offered on the 2009 Mustang and racing stripes that continue over the roof; the stripes are etched directly into the glass roof. Carroll Shelby is scheduled to be on stage to hand the car keys to its new owner."

:burnout:

Actually the "Lets see" part of this scenario is how many can be sold at those idiotic prices.

I agree 100% that those are idiotic prices. I for one would never pay it no matter how much money I had.

But no matter what you or I or anyone else may refuse to pay, there are a lot of people with more money than brains out there. I guess for some people dropping $150K - $200K on some car is like you or I dropping $10 bucks on something!

But be honest here. If YOU were a dealer and you had one to sell and you had some idiotic dealer or consumer that was willing and ready to pay you $50K to $100K over sticker.....are you going to take it or say....nope, nope, nope, nope.....I just want to be reasonable here...you just pay me sticker for it and all is good! Yeah, right!

What if you were lucky enough to get one for sticker? Then someone offers you a $100K over what you paid for it. Would you keep it or sell it?

As much as I wouldn't mind having one....I'd take the $100K profit on that in a New York second!

Mr Shelby I apologize, but I did wipe my fingerprints off

your driver side door handle..........

Not realizing it is your car, I opened the driver door and

leaned in to take a look and upon being aproached by a

staff member I backed off and asked If I messed up and

he replied "BIG TIME".

But I did not apologize to him.

Happy Birthday, I had a great time........

I can't wait until they announce the 2009 KR. Wonder what will happen to the prices then.

My guess is IF they have a 09 KR it will be a convertible model.

Just like they did with the Hertz car. First year coupe only. Second year vert only.

So what will happen with the prices is they will just go up higher. At least the MSRP will since verts cost more than coupes.

Those are the photo that Robert and I took, I have the photos of the them putting on the strips from begining to end on Carrolls Car,

I will be posting my photos Tomorrow. I have some great photos.

I am so tired, it was a great event.

Sharon

Those are the photo that Robert and I took, I have the photos of the them putting on the strips from begining to end on Carrolls Car,

I will be posting my photos Tomorrow. I have some great photos.

I am so tired, it was a great event.

Sharon

AMEN!

• 1 year later...

Well, here is an old thread brought back to life.

I was reading the 2008 Annual (Thank You, Robert) and read how the KR Carroll received at his 85th was "special".

What are the details on this car that make it "special"?

Tom

It was the first to have a glass back roof.

and that glass roof was striped. That's what I still have not figured out. I think I heard somewhere that the stripes are etched on the glass but I have not been able to confirm that. Our Terlingua that is being built has a glass top and I would like to have a translucent stripe like that; but havent come up with anything that will work well yet

and that glass roof was striped. That's what I still have not figured out. I think I heard somewhere that the stripes are etched on the glass but I have not been able to confirm that. Our Terlingua that is being built has a glass top and I would like to have a translucent stripe like that; but havent come up with anything that will work well yet

Oracal makes a translucent vinyl in black and it makes a transparent vinyl but not in black, instead it is a dark grey. The grey might look black on a glass back roof. I have a friend that is getting his wifes car striped and it has one of these roofs. I may talk to him about it.

Archived