TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake rotor rust

Every car w/ disc brakes I ever had did this. If they get wet they get rust on the surface. Drive it in dry weather and it will be gone.

Like I said, all cars do it...but, it may be more noticable in the SGT because the rotors can be seen very well thru the bullit wheels.

The Baer rotors claim to be dipped in Zinc and not rust. Standard rotors will get a thin film of rust rapidly, just drive a couple blocks its gone :)

The stock GT500 rotors do this too, every time I wash it. It's just a thin coat of rust. First drive and it's gone ... until the next car wash.

Bare metal+moisture=RUST. Even the zinc coated ones rust once the zinc is worn off, every car does it there's no getting around it.

Anybody haveing any rust issyes with thier brake rotors getting rusty. My o7 SGT sits overnight and the

rotors are covered with a heavy layer of rust (its bright like a new penny). I'm concerned that it will soon build up and diminish braking power.

This is pretty normal, although yours sounds a bit extreme. Perhaps you are in very humid weather or drive through puddles?

It will come off as you drive...not much you can do about it.

Archived