TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Production Numbers on the rise???

iceman

WOW first people complaining about how much over MSRP.. then they complain about increasing the production number....

As you can see Ford cant make EVERYONE happy.

I dont see how another thousand units could hurt anything.

These cars will be all around the world when things are done so I dont think anyone has to worry about their cars not being rare....

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW first people complaining about how much over MSRP.. then they complain about increasing the production number....

As you can see Ford cant make EVERYONE happy.

I dont see how another thousand units could hurt anything.

These cars will be all around the world when things are done so I dont think anyone has to worry about their cars not being rare....

It's not another thousand units

It's a thirty percent increase from the initial BS Ford put out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ford is acting just like a street whore; They want your money first, then they'll put out. Then the consumer finds out they'll put out to anyone else who has the money. :rant:

It's a thirty percent increase from the initial BS Ford put out!

Two words: Boo Hoo!! :cry:

However, I don't hear you complaining how they increased HP from 450 initially to 500 (a 11% gain!!).

Ford is acting just like a street whore; They want your money first, then they'll put out. Then the consumer finds out they'll put out to anyone else who has the money. :rant:

I'm sorry you fell for some dealers' story about how rare this was going to be. They're not some niche company that hand builds 12 cars a month in the Italian mountains. Ford's in the business of making cars. They found a car that A LOT of people want. In their current financial situation, I'd be surprised if they don't try to DOUBLE capacity if possible. It won't happen. But, if they COULD do it, and had the buyers who WOULD buy them, why not??

Two words: Boo Hoo!! :cry:

However, I don't hear you complaining how they increased HP from 450 initially to 500 (a 11% gain!!).

I'm sorry you fell for some dealers' story about how rare this was going to be. They're not some niche company that hand builds 12 cars a month in the Italian mountains. Ford's in the business of making cars. They found a car that A LOT of people want. In their current financial situation, I'd be surprised if they don't try to DOUBLE capacity if possible. It won't happen. But, if they COULD do it, and had the buyers who WOULD buy them, why not??

Ford is the street slut.....Dealers are the Pimps......and I am the drunk dude wanting to get some.

That sounds about right. Or is it that Ford is in the business of making money for the company and not those who savor the flavor of those few that think a car will rise in value. Does ford make more $ if:

A. They sell 7500 cars a year to dealers who in turn mark them X thousand $

B. They sell 9K cars a year to dealers who mark them up Y thousand $

C. They sell some amount more than 9K cars to dealers who in turn sell them for some amount under Y + MSRP?

The Ice man gets one at MSRP or better yet X plan rates and never cares what the market bares in 3, 5, 10, 30 yrs because he drives the hell out of the car and has MSRP + Z dollars of fun :rockon:

Like I said before I feel your pain, but I still want mine at MSRP - residual, and investment value have little to nothing to do with my choice. It's the car and what it does on the road I care about....if only it came with ticket passes for the first year or 10 where you get to flash a 500hp card and get out of speeding tickets...where is that option.

It's a thirty percent increase from the initial BS Ford put out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ford is acting just like a street whore; They want your money first, then they'll put out. Then the consumer finds out they'll put out to anyone else who has the money. :rant:

Right on !! My chances will get better if this is true.

Whether they build 7000 or 10000 it will make no difference in its collectibility. Shelby built around 600 65 Shelbys and about 3000 67 Shelbys. 2000 of those were GT500s. Which is more valuable?

A 67 Shelby GT500 cost around 4200.00 new. You could buy one for 2500.00 in the mid 70's. It depreciated, imagine that!!

New cars do that I guess?

Now you can snag one on Ebay for around 200k. Damn Shelby for building so many!! If they only built 600 or 700 in 67 like they did in 65 I could maybe get 300k for it!!

ok, Im done.... :rant:

You missed the point. These are the statements you should have said:

Production is rising! Production is rising!

Depreciating value! Depreciating value!

:poke:

Heres a link to orginial production numbers for shelbys : http://www.saac-mcr.tv/shelby/mustprod.htm

About 15k cars in 5 years they are making that or over in 2 years with the 07 / 08. Collectible and unqiue only if you happen to want one.

As soon as I drive it off the lot it suddenly will become not unqiue or collectible to my dealer anymore why because they have my money.

And with dealers preordering cars the way they want them and then setting prices to max their return its a moot point to try and get caught

up in the collectible mind set.

Then theres these folks: http://www.uniqueperformance.com/

That after making a knockoff of a real shelby for a movie have turned it into a craze and a full time business.

I hope everything works out for you with your deal but to hang expectations on the car

to make you money or be a investment is a tough road to ride on.

From an article on one of us an ENTHUSIAST and a collector The Globe and Mail/Rising Value "Muscle car enthusiast Randy State of Stouffville, Ont., who owns the 1969 Shelby GT 500 pictured here, as well as a 1965 Shelby GT 350, says the increase in value of the sixties-era cars over the past decade "is just staggering."

He says his 1969 convertible is worth $250,000-$300,000, and his even-rarer 1965 model (the first Mustang modified by U.S. car racer and builder Shelby) likely $300,000-$350,000.

"They're up there and there's no indication they're going to come down," says the retired car dealer, who for a dozen years owned McArthur Ford in Unionville, Ont. In fact, with production numbers often in the hundreds for the cream of the sixties muscle car crop, and an affluent and growing group becoming involved in this sector of the old car hobby, prices will likely continue to accelerate.

"But I didn't buy them for that reason," he says. "I truly love them and have a passion for them."" Well that's pretty interesting isn't it? He didn't buy them for the money but because he loves the cars. I guess that makes anyone who buy's one on speculation a bad investor. Huh.

Amazing...simply amazing. I can hardly believe some are actually complaining that Ford may increase production on the Shelby!!! And because of what? Depreciation?! It's a CAR people...yes, a very desirable one, but still a car. Anyone buying any new production car for it's perceived ability to appreciate in value...well have I got some beach front property in Arizona just for you! :doh:

I don't post here much, but I read the site everyday and I for one (being still on the bubble with my local dealer) hope they KEEP raising the target production number! I want the car to DRIVE, not invest in and just sit and stare at. And I hope some of my friends who also want one, get one too, so we can enjoy driving them together!

Amazing...

Amazing...simply amazing. I can hardly believe some are actually complaining that Ford may increase production on the Shelby!!! And because of what? Depreciation?! It's a CAR people...yes, a very desirable one, but still a car. Anyone buying any new production car for it's perceived ability to appreciate in value...well have I got some beach front property in Arizona just for you! :doh:

I don't post here much, but I read the site everyday and I for one (being still on the bubble with my local dealer) hope they KEEP raising the target production number! I want the car to DRIVE, not invest in and just sit and stare at. And I hope some of my friends who also want one, get one too, so we can enjoy driving them together!

Amazing...

It's official now...Ford has raped the middle class Shelby buyer by increasing production to 10K units per year. DNA (depreciating negative asset) evidence will prove who the true culprit is. Initial investigations blame George (AKA-Gorgeous Greed) and Leo (AKA-Loose tongue Liar) while the asinine moronic imbeciles who lined up to pay $10,000 more than sticker say it is just good business, and as consumers and shareholders, we appreciate Ford raping us. Stay tuned for this story may not be over. George and Leo have been known to rape the same victims repeatedly. We will know more in the coming months when further announcements are made.

It's official now...Ford has raped the middle class Shelby buyer by increasing production to 10K units per year. DNA (depreciating negative asset) evidence will prove who the true culprit is. Initial investigations blame George (AKA-Gorgeous Greed) and Leo (AKA-Loose tongue Liar) while the asinine moronic imbeciles who lined up to pay $10,000 more than sticker say it is just good business, and as consumers and shareholders, we appreciate Ford raping us. Stay tuned for this story may not be over. George and Leo have been known to rape the same victims repeatedly. We will know more in the coming months when further announcements are made.

Lube up, bend over, and enjoy the cheap thrill because I have a feeling if the demand is real the #'s will only go in one direction. I personally am pleased with this but see why some may not be. I how ever wish that the dealers would take orders for the cars rather than just have them built and sent. Some seem really good about this and others seem to think they know is wanted and will just take what ever and sell it for what they can get. I will pay MSRP to maybe 5K over if and only if i get what I want. MSRP and below if I can not have a color or some other insignificant thing that I want as a primary choice.

This made me laugh and think of the poor people at 10-20K over sticker

Lube up, bend over, and enjoy the cheap thrill because I have a feeling if the demand is real the #'s will only go in one direction. I personally am pleased with this but see why some may not be. I how ever wish that the dealers would take orders for the cars rather than just have them built and sent. Some seem really good about this and others seem to think they know is wanted and will just take what ever and sell it for what they can get. I will pay MSRP to maybe 5K over if and only if i get what I want. MSRP and below if I can not have a color or some other insignificant thing that I want as a primary choice.

I'm paying just over invoice, but it pisses :rant: me off that the #s have been going up.

I,ve been an SVT fan sence 1994, and the thing I love the most about my cobras is

that thay are "limited production". at what # do we stop using the word "limited".

10,000 :censored:

I really do feel your pain. I suspect I may feel the same if I were in your shoes but I am one of the people on the outside looking in right now and trying to work a lot of angles. I am still not finding a deal where I get MSRP and order what I want. I'd be happy to order at MSRP and get the 10,000th one to be honest.

You do bring up another point worth considering though - you like to drive the car and have it be rare not stuff it in storage and plan on the price to rise. I really do feel more for you than the investor thinking a car will go up in value....but again still want mine.

I'm paying just over invoice, but it pisses :rant: me off that the #s have been going up.

I,ve been an SVT fan sence 1994, and the thing I love the most about my cobras is

that thay are "limited production". at what # do we stop using the word "limited".

SVT Cobra Archive On average they built 8-10 000 of each year. If you wanted a limited edition there was the Bullit and the Mach 1. I just wanted a car that was a total mechanical package. I sure didn't expect it to appreciate in value, but I am mighty pleased that it has WAY outperformed depreciation in general. Mind you its value would be nill if it didn't have the goods.....

I think the Ford rep just misspoke. He really meant to say "the new Shelby GT500 will be built with bold initiative as we are instituting limitless production of this newly created SVT engineering marvel." Please wear your seatbelt as we have deployed the hot air bags.

You who complain about possible rising production numbers are purely selfish.

You want something and you don't want too many other people to have it.

Buy a Ford GT then. That's limited and they're widely available, too! Check out the McLaren F1... now that's a true collectible automobile.

The Mustang isn't made to be rare - it's the everyday guy's sports car. That's why they sell so many of them. The GT500 is just a Mustang with a big, bad motor and some suspension and body mods put on to differentiate it.

Those 1968 Shelby's aren't expensive just because they're Shelby's... it's because there are only a couple hundred left in the world. Y'all make way too big a deal out of his name. It IS important but it's definitely overblown.

I want a GT500, too but I'm not willing to pay over MSRP so I'll wait. If you paid over MSRP, be happy with it and enjoy your car but don't come here complaining because other people will eventually buy the car cheaper than you did. You made that choice and I don't think anyone forced you into it.

It's said over and over and over again on this and other boards... many cars have come out with similar hype and they've ALL commanded huge ADM... the common thing with them is that they all eventually hit MSRP or BELOW MSRP and that was generally sooner than later.

Beware the hype! There are people all over Ebay and I think on this board who are "spreaders of doom". Carroll Shelby's dying... Ford will only make 4000 GT500's, ... etc. They'll say anything to drive sales. It's their job.

Ok, I'm off the soapbox.

Have a nice day!

I think the Ford rep just misspoke. He really meant to say "the new Shelby GT500 will be built with bold initiative as we are instituting limitless production of this newly created SVT engineering marvel." Please wear your seatbelt as we have deployed the hot air bags.

:finger: Now I want them to build at least 100 000 of them as your just flogging a dead critter......

You who complain about possible rising production numbers are purely selfish.

You want something and you don't want too many other people to have it.

Buy a Ford GT then. That's limited and they're widely available, too! Check out the McLaren F1... now that's a true collectible automobile.

The Mustang isn't made to be rare - it's the everyday guy's sports car. That's why they sell so many of them. The GT500 is just a Mustang with a big, bad motor and some suspension and body mods put on to differentiate it.

Those 1968 Shelby's aren't expensive just because they're Shelby's... it's because there are only a couple hundred left in the world. Y'all make way too big a deal out of his name. It IS important but it's definitely overblown.

I want a GT500, too but I'm not willing to pay over MSRP so I'll wait. If you paid over MSRP, be happy with it and enjoy your car but don't come here complaining because other people will eventually buy the car cheaper than you did. You made that choice and I don't think anyone forced you into it.

It's said over and over and over again on this and other boards... many cars have come out with similar hype and they've ALL commanded huge ADM... the common thing with them is that they all eventually hit MSRP or BELOW MSRP and that was generally sooner than later.

Beware the hype! There are people all over Ebay and I think on this board who are "spreaders of doom". Carroll Shelby's dying... Ford will only make 4000 GT500's, ... etc. They'll say anything to drive sales. It's their job.

Ok, I'm off the soapbox.

Have a nice day!

Personally, I think Ford stuck with its production figures on the GT40 b/c they were dealing with a class of buyer that could impact shareholder value. Ppl making $50K a year can buy a Shelby. But if you're buying a GT, then you're annual income is substantially higher. These are people with clout and dollars that have a circle of influence much greater this "forum."

Will someone please direct me to the rape victim center?

I'm glad it brought a smile to someone's face. I am still in disbelief that some people are defending Ford's actions! I was just immitating my sixth grade teacher with the asinine moronic imbecile remark, but as the responses have poured in on both links I posted it to, it would appear that the adjectives used are quite suitable. GEEEZ!!! I'm contractually obligated to buy one at 1500 over sticker and given the latest production figures I'm wishing that the GT came with some KY. I feel like a prison inmate in a community cell.

I'm glad it brought a smile to someone's face. I am still in disbelief that some people are defending Ford's actions! I was just immitating my sixth grade teacher with the asinine moronic imbecile remark, but as the responses have poured in on both links I posted it to, it would appear that the adjectives used are quite suitable. GEEEZ!!! I'm contractually obligated to buy one at 1500 over sticker and given the latest production figures I'm wishing that the GT came with some KY. I feel like a prison inmate in a community cell.

Just so no one gets offended - I bought this car to drive and not as an investment. I also paid MSRP for mine.

I agree with you.

This car is not just another Mustang - Its a Shelby and its production should be limited.

There have only been 14,000 total original Shelby's built.

Ford (SVT) has pushed this car as a Limited Production Car since its inception.

I personally talked to some clown at the SVT plant last May and they told me that they were only going to make 6500 at the most.

Now we are 10K next it will be 15K.

If you were one of the fortunate persons that did some homework and got yourself on a buy list and now you hear this - you have right to be upset.

Let the BROOMSTICKING from Ford Begin.

God Bless Corporate America - "Build & Sell as much of everything as humanly possible"

PS - Dont forget your KY

When you total your first one about the time mine is coming in you will be glad there are more out there...not to mention it makes for a better aftermarket selection. I agree it sucks if you thought you were buying a numbered limited edition or if you paid a big premium to get one, but I did not ever hear of this as a limited adition, just that the #'s would meet demand which is rising quickly but likely will fall off when the fist few thousand get out and the people willing to pay those premiums go away. As for being locked into buy at a value above the MSRP....there really is no one to blame but yourself. You signed the agreement and could have put in a contingency around volume if you thought of it....I know that is not making you feel better but it is what it is. No one held the gun to your head. look at the bright side. You have no risk of not getting one, and you get what you want. Be happy with that as you got it at a rate you agreed to pay. I still have not locked in because i can't get the rate i want....yet.

Ford cares only about the Ford bottom line and how it looks to its stockholders. They are doing this to make money. They would build 100k of these things if they felt they could sell and service them. However, I would expect they are not willing to stick their necks if the car has any problems and they end up in a massive recall. This car is way out there when it comes to performace, hp ect. It is a little risky for them to build to many. I think as they get more comfortable with the car they will continue to up the production.

That being said, to all those willing to pay over MSRP thinking it was going to be worth alot of money, shame on you. After the two year run ( if they don't extent it ) it will most likely be worth only 70% of MSRP and will continue down for another 10 years.

Now, if you are willing to keep it 40-50 years, I would expect the trend to change. However, my guess, you will be much better off with some other type of investment ifinvestments were your reason to buy the car.

Buy the car and have fun with it. It is stilll a great buy at 45-50K.

Just think of it as a limited edition much in the same way as places such as the Franklin Mint make limited editions. The editions are limited to everyone who orders one. Since everyone who wanted one got one, there's really no appreciation in value. In fact, unless you can find a dummy who thinks it really is a limited edition, the value decreases. :yup:

When you total your first one about the time mine is coming in you will be glad there are more out there...not to mention it makes for a better aftermarket selection. I agree it sucks if you thought you were buying a numbered limited edition or if you paid a big premium to get one, but I did not ever hear of this as a limited adition, just that the #'s would meet demand which is rising quickly but likely will fall off when the fist few thousand get out and the people willing to pay those premiums go away. As for being locked into buy at a value above the MSRP....there really is no one to blame but yourself. You signed the agreement and could have put in a contingency around volume if you thought of it....I know that is not making you feel better but it is what it is. No one held the gun to your head. look at the bright side. You have no risk of not getting one, and you get what you want. Be happy with that as you got it at a rate you agreed to pay. I still have not locked in because i can't get the rate i want....yet.

My how some people fail to see the trees for the forest! Ford said one thing about production numbers last year and now that number has increased thirty percent. Who knows where it will be by Christmas. THE END!

Just so no one gets offended - I bought this car to drive and not as an investment. I also paid MSRP for mine.

I agree with you.

This car is not just another Mustang - Its a Shelby and its production should be limited.

I personally talked to some clown at the SVT plant last May and they told me that they were only going to make 6500 at the most.

If you were one of the fortunate persons that did some homework and got yourself on a buy list and now you hear this - you have right to be upset.

God Bless Corporate America - "Build & Sell as much of everything as humanly possible"

PS - Dont forget your KY

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!...not so much that you agree with my view, but on agreeing with the premise on which I based it. It aggravates me all the more for some of these blind people to protect Ford as if they revealed their deceptive plan from the beginning.

Just think of it as a limited edition much in the same way as places such as the Franklin Mint make limited editions. The editions are limited to everyone who orders one. Since everyone who wanted one got one, there's really no appreciation in value. In fact, unless you can find a dummy who thinks it really is a limited edition, the value decreases. :yup:

:cry:

No appreciation value :rant: Hell I appreciate the car and I haven't even got it yet :hysterical:

I agree with you.

PS - Dont forget your KY

I too bought it to drive it, but with a 40k yr sal. I really have to save my pennys to get something

unque and beautyful like this....so it will allways apreciate in my blue book. :woohoo: ...but I still want

one of a few, not to sell and make money, but to keep and drive the American way. :rockon:

My how some people fail to see the trees for the forest! Ford said one thing about production numbers last year and now that number has increased thirty percent. Who knows where it will be by Christmas. THE END!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!...not so much that you agree with my view, but on agreeing with the premise on which I based it. It aggravates me all the more for some of these blind people to protect Ford as if they revealed their deceptive plan from the beginning.

Can you back up this with any hard data? A link to an article, a magazine reference,anything? If you want people to agree with your premise then give us something to work with other than a rant. I cannot understand why you have it that this was going to be any other number than low in reference to the total Mustang production. Which has been 10/12000 a month since the intro of the S-197 platform. I have many links to the facts I have presented. And as for protecting Ford, not me. I am a VERY vocal critic of most of Fords marketing policies. And a lot of their engineering ones. Summing up, if you want people to be swung to your point of view, have a point.

Can you back up this with any hard data? A link to an article, a magazine reference,anything? If you want people to agree with your premise then give us something to work with other than a rant. I cannot understand why you have it that this was going to be any other number than low in reference to the total Mustang production. Which has been 10/12000 a month since the intro of the S-197 platform. I have many links to the facts I have presented. And as for protecting Ford, not me. I am a VERY vocal critic of most of Fords marketing policies. And a lot of their engineering ones. Summing up, if you want people to be swung to your point of view, have a point.

Please note the banter Ford is using like "instant legend" and the prominence of the $600K auction price. Do ya think Ford was planting a subliminal message that the car will appreciate and is valuable right off the production line? More to come soon...

Ford Press Release:

The most powerful factory-built Mustang ever just got even more potent. Final certification testing of the Shelby GT500’s 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 shows it will produce 500 horsepower and 480 lb.-ft. of torque – 25 more horsepower than preliminary estimates.

“With 500 hp and the Shelby name, this car is an instant legend,” said Hau Thai-Tang, director, Advanced Product Creation & SVT programs. “This is the most powerful, most capable Mustang ever.”

The Ford Shelby GT500’s supercharged 5.4-liter, 32-valve V-8 is a result of Ford’s experience in developing the modular V-8 and V-10 engine series. The engine is force-fed air via a “Roots-type” supercharger providing 9 pounds per square inch of boost. It borrows the four-valve cylinder heads, piston rings and bearings, from the Ford GT engine.

The Shelby GT500’s 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 will be built at Ford’s Romeo Engine Plant in Romeo, Mich. Pricing will be announced closer to launch.

The right to purchase the first 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 was auctioned for $600,000, with the proceeds benefiting the Carroll Shelby Children’s Foundation. The 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 goes on sale this summer.

http://www.planetmustang.com/general_news/...bers_000739.asp

Article written on MAY 9, 2006:

Yesterday, Ford Motor Company advised dealerships that 9,000 2007 Shelby GT500 Mustangs are going to be produced. This is a welcomed bump from the initial projected production numbers in the 7,500 to 8,500 range. Everything for production is on schedule and most all deliveries are anticipated to be on time, shipments beginning during the last week in June. By the end of May, dealerships are slotted to receive their exact allocation numbers.

Article written on MAY 9, 2006:

Yesterday, Ford Motor Company advised dealerships that 9,000 2007 Shelby GT500 Mustangs are going to be produced. This is a welcomed bump from the initial projected production numbers in the 7,500 to 8,500 range. Everything for production is on schedule and most all deliveries are anticipated to be on time, shipments beginning during the last week in June. By the end of May, dealerships are slotted to receive their exact allocation numbers.

Thank you. Now at least there is a basis for discussion. So they added 500 cars to initial estimates. HMMMM Conference call thread

Hey - I agree that it was hinted that there would be a limited number, but I also have heard the limit would be what ever demand there was to fill.

As for protecting Ford, that is not what I am about. I believe Ford has to decide one of two things. Do they want this car to be a almost instant collectable (limit it at 15K over two years world wide) or would they rather use this to help pump up their profits and be able to build more, have more R&D, fund things like SVT, etc.

From a purely business stand point Ford has done the right thing upping the production numbers slowly. They keep selling them to the dealers who keep getting orders they keep upping the numbers. Order stop coming in and there is your limit for limited edition.

I made some wise as comments before and apologize for that, but the part I stand by is I want one and for what ever reason can not bring myself to pay over MSRP...not because I can not afford it, but simply on principal I feel it is not a wise use of my money. I can wait a little while and get one at MSRP or lower....That fact I would pay ofer MSRP 5K is only due to MY desire for this car. It has nothing to do with anyone else and nothing to do with the market value or resale etc. My desire only. You opted to get the sure thing and it cost 15K over. If you can afford that and it has that value to you it should in my view not matter what the production numbers are. You know that there is a lot of good to come from the up in numbers too.

Aftermarket is bigger

Owners events better funded

Parts mpre readily available for repair

likely lower cost and more qualified repair people

if this car is to become a legend 15K or 30K units in the likely will not matter - look at a lot of the classics - yes it takes 30-40 yrs but other than the lotto or a dot.com stock in the early 90's what doesn't?

Others will get the cops to pull them over before you get there so you avoid tickets :)

The point is if you are not happy with the purchase you made (an I am not saying you are or are not) maybe you should consider other options like selling on e-bay while the market is hot and then buying later at lower cost or something like that. If I get the deal I want I will not worry about everyone else...Just like stock if you sell at a 200% profit and it goes up another 50% you have nothing to be upset about. If you get this car at the price YOU agreed to pay then you should be happy. I know I will be but i run the risk of not getting the color, style, or options i want by waiting.

In any case i don't mean to upset and think we have at this point agreed to disagree which is fine. I respect your opinion but still feel the production increases are the right thing for the majority of the people concerned (buying public, tuners, me, Ford, dealers, and in the long run maybe even you).

If only Ford were Dell......Buy Direct Auto manufacturer....Hmmm

Archived