TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got my DORA tonight from the dealer!

sbornitz

:bandance: :happy feet: :party::roses::shift::rockon::woohoo::yahoo::banvictory: :beerchug:

Priority code 10. We did order from a small dealer so who knows when we will get it. Especially if the lottery deal he is talking about is true. But in any case the car is ordered and hopefully we will get it in time to drive yet this year!!!!!!!

My Bad :doh: . I only have the VOC right now.

So how long until I get the DORA? Or do you only get that when your order is pulled?

SVT and my dealer both claim that you should get your DORA about 3 weeks after the order. If this is the case, I should know tomorrow or Tuesday. They start building tomorrow, so they may be quicker that the 3 weeks now. Good luck! Call your dealer tomorrow and ask.

So I'll assume Ebony/Tungsten??? good choice

That is indeed what we ended up with. We also went with all of the options. We think the red stitching will look nice with this car. We did order the all black interior since neither my wife or I wanted the red inserts on the seats.

I plan to start bugging my dealer twice a week now for updates :happy feet: . Since I know he will not check for me without me asking. Since he is not making a ton of money like some other dealers (MSRP + 2800).

So I emailed my dealer today to ask him to send me the DORA when he gets it and he told me that he sent it to me on Saturday (same day I ordered it). Is this possible? All the sheets I have say Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC).

I received my DORA the same day I placed my order.

Did you also get your 3 page VOC?

Where do you guys come up with these things?

Did you also get confirmation that air would be in the tires?

Sorry it just amazes me that what comes up here.

I have never heard of a 3 page VOC

And yes you will still get a car if you do not have one. (provided you have placed an order for one)

What does "Hold Shelby Pending New Ship-Thru Code" mean on the bottom of my DORA?

Is it really on your DORA.

Things to look for.

Does it say Dealer Order Reciept Acknowlegement across the top.

Typically a DORA will not have a hold message on it. Are there any codes or three, five or eight digit numbers near the statement. If you could post a copy it would help.

I have what I thought was a DORA but it might be a VOC. It reads across the top VEHICLE ORDER CONFIRMATION. I got the first one on 03/31 and than changed the color and got a revised copy on 05/17. I have a proiorty 10 order and it is the first order he placed with a priorty 10. He has met all GT500 requirments and this has been confirmed by his rep.

I stoped in yesterday and he pulled a it up on the computer and it now has pricing.

What is the process from here on?

When should it get a vin? As of yesterday, it did not show one.

Can someone post a DORA?

What is the differance between a DORA and a VOC

Platinum Lion,

My DORA totals up the options/pricing....than below Total....it reads the following....and again my apologies, it's a faxed copy hard to make out.....

--Changes To Order -- ???/Order Code -- 820A or G

ADDS: * Denotes Processed

???

???/Holds/Info

Hold Shelby Pending New Ship-Thru Code

Cust: My Name

***End Of Dora *****

Dealer says as far as priority codes go, priority starts at 10 and changes by 2 for each car ordered afterward........

Platinum Lion,

My DORA totals up the options/pricing....than below Total....it reads the following....and again my apologies, it's a faxed copy hard to make out.....

--Changes To Order -- ???/Order Code -- 820A or G

ADDS: * Denotes Processed

???

???/Holds/Info

Hold Shelby Pending New Ship-Thru Code

Cust: My Name

***End Of Dora *****

Dealer says as far as priority codes go, priority starts at 10 and changes by 2 for each car ordered afterward........

I am getting the # 2 car and priority code on my dora is 11.

I have what I thought was a DORA but it might be a VOC. It reads across the top VEHICLE ORDER CONFIRMATION. I got the first one on 03/31 and than changed the color and got a revised copy on 05/17. I have a proiorty 10 order and it is the first order he placed with a priorty 10. He has met all GT500 requirments and this has been confirmed by his rep.

I stoped in yesterday and he pulled a it up on the computer and it now has pricing.

What is the process from here on?

When should it get a vin? As of yesterday, it did not show one.

Can someone post a DORA?

What is the differance between a DORA and a VOC

It is not nessisary to have a DORA. In fact I would place more emphasis on getting a written agreement for the vehicle. At least something in writing that says what you and the dealer agree to.

What you have is a VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation) When you make changes you should get a different printout. By pulling the order up the dealer has confirmed the order so a dora would be less of a concern at this point (in my opinion) Look at it like this. A Vehicle Order Confirmation is like you telling Ford. "This is what I want" while a DORA would be like Ford saying "OK this is what I think you want to order." As a dealership employee I would not give any one an original DORA, I would make copies however. I have needed the original DORA on occation to clarify any discrepancies.

YOU WILL NOT GET A VIN UNTIL FORD HAS SENT THE ORDER TO THE PLANT TO SCHEDULE.

and more importantly Ford will not request that your order gets built until your allocation gets met, meaning your place in line comes up. Your situation sounds right on track so you shold not panic. However keep in mind that due to the lmited capacity to build GT500 you may have a wait. remember only 9000 will be built over the next 11 1/2 months. That means on average only 35 will be built per day. So your place in line depends on how quickly you get a VIN and subsequently a vehicle.

Clutch,

I needed to build an order to see what you mean.

The order code is 820A this means that you have a GT500 Coupe on order.

On the DORA

"ADDS: * Denotes processed"

means that any option listed below has been successfully added to the order. Typically this would occur if the dealership has requesed a change on the original order, but it will sometimes show any options on the order. If the Ford added the ship thru a new DORA would have been sent out. A DORA is sent anytime the order is changed. Sometimes they will say "compare to last DORA to confirm changes" meaning this order changed look it over to make sure it is still showing what you want.

The ship thru is interesting. Apparently Ford will be sending cars to another facility for some upfit. I do not know if all cars or only cars with certain options will be done as a ship thru. Pure speculation says that maybe the stripes are added after the car is built, or perhaps all cars will recieve final touches at a place other than the plant. Ship thru is very common, it means send the car to XXX to finish the vehicle. This would be a sign that the cars do not leave the plant as a completed car, the plant is probably too busy to do something so the cars are sent elsewhere to be finished. Nothing to worry about here. The hold indicates that the computer does not recognise the request and is waiting for the Ship thru address to be finalized.

When you get your car the ship thru address should appear on the Window Sticker if you want to know where you car went.

One other thing to note. My sources do not inciate any items on hold for the GT500. however I have heard that many people are saying that one option or another is holding up thier order. But I cannot find anything in writing. If the plant is indeed adding the Ship thru to the orders there may be some people deleteing options they want in a frantic rush to get thier car before the next guy.

If it were me I would order what I wanted and then practice patience. I would bet that some poor people are making changes that will not have any effect. If you micro manage the process you will not get what you want. If Ford were to schedule your car and you made a change to the order it would definitely result in a delay to the car. So all those poor sould that keep making changes are having the opposite result of what they want.

It is not nessisary to have a DORA. In fact I would place more emphasis on getting a written agreement for the vehicle. At least something in writing that says what you and the dealer agree to.

What you have is a VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation) When you make changes you should get a different printout. By pulling the order up the dealer has confirmed the order so a dora would be less of a concern at this point (in my opinion) Look at it like this. A Vehicle Order Confirmation is like you telling Ford. "This is what I want" while a DORA would be like Ford saying "OK this is what I think you want to order." As a dealership employee I would not give any one an original DORA, I would make copies however. I have needed the original DORA on occation to clarify any discrepancies.

YOU WILL NOT GET A VIN UNTIL FORD HAS SENT THE ORDER TO THE PLANT TO SCHEDULE.

and more importantly Ford will not request that your order gets built until your allocation gets met, meaning your place in line comes up. Your situation sounds right on track so you shold not panic. However keep in mind that due to the lmited capacity to build GT500 you may have a wait. remember only 9000 will be built over the next 11 1/2 months. That means on average only 35 will be built per week. So your place in line depends on how quickly you get a VIN and subsequently a vehicle.

uh, 9000 divided by 50 weeks = 180 vehicles a week

Archived