TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What happened to stangsunleashed?

rdragoo

The Mid America Meet is now Shelby's event. Now Stangsunleashed is Shelby's web site. I thought stangsunleashed was a private web site run by enthusiasts. I guess Shelby offered cash and they sold out?

Hey, if the cash is right why not!! I'd take some cash for mine!!

Can someone please explain to me why stangsunleashed is not teamshelby.com? Has Shelby taken that over also?

Randy

I don't like it. NO longer an independant site in regard to advice and issues. Independance is important, just like big brother taking over everything regarding what we do and what we say and how we make decisions for ourselves. Sorry, I am a staunch conservative and have had about enough of government and big brother in my lifetime. One huge reason I moved out of Kalifornia. Hope all heard about the "new" bill they are trying to pass there in regard to thermostats in houses. Seems the bill wants to have the power companies regulate thermostat temperatures in homes to "conserve" energy. What a bunch of crap.

AZbud

I feel some of the reason is for control of information to the consumer. Web sites are very powerful for accountability to the manufactors and distributors of products and thier performance. Only time will tell if the flow of information will be forthright and not edited to the bennifit of the corperations involved.

Because this is no longer for Mustang enthusiast, it is geared toward everything Shelby, which isn't everyones cup of tea.

Message to non-Shelby Mustangers.

There are lots of unique Mustangs out there that many of you have worked very hard on and a lot of them are very fast and really nice. To me, it does not matter weather it's a Shelby or not, I appreciete the input you give here and enjoy reading and learning about your cars as well and what you have done. I hope the name change will not run you off. Scott.

There are lots of unique Mustangs out there that many of you have worked very hard on and a lot of them are very fast and really nice. To me, it does not matter weather it's a Shelby or not, I appreciete the input you give here and enjoy reading and learning about your cars as well and what you have done. I hope the name change will not run you off. Scott.

+1

++++++10000000......

PNicholson <---- non-Shelby Mustanger here (2 SN95's). WONT be leaving this site - probably one of my favorite sites.

Page

I don't like it. NO longer an independant site in regard to advice and issues. Independance is important, just like big brother taking over everything regarding what we do and what we say and how we make decisions for ourselves. Sorry, I am a staunch conservative and have had about enough of government and big brother in my lifetime. One huge reason I moved out of Kalifornia. Hope all heard about the "new" bill they are trying to pass there in regard to thermostats in houses. Seems the bill wants to have the power companies regulate thermostat temperatures in homes to "conserve" energy. What a bunch of crap.

AZbud

So no more freedom of thaughts in posting on this site ???????? :banghead:

I just have a problem with the high contrast of the white text over black background. Combined with the tiny font size - it's hurting my eyes.

I hope the administrators fix the font size or add the ability for the user to change it.

+1 . Obviously Carrol Shelby doesn't read this or standard font would be big enough to read without a freaking magnifying glass. Probably a 21 year old that still has really good eyes designed this graphite background that also hurts my eyes.

Audios Amigos, see you on the flip side.

+10

What I really liked about stansunleashed was you could openly discuss your opinions on quality, service, parts, pricing, etc.. I picked up a vast amount of VERY helpful info.for my GT500 from all the great members who were so eager to share. The Shelby autos site forums would let you post only positive feelings, no feedback whatsoever on issues, etc.. Hopefully we will not lose the chance to openly discuss ALL opinions and continue to pass on all information, positive or negative.

:banghead

WHAT IN THEEEE NAME OF CORNHOLIO HAPPENED?? All I seem to see anymore is

GREED GREED GREED FROM THE AUTO INDUSTRY!!!!!!!!

Its seems the common man whats a cool car nows days he must pay a ADM and really bend wayyyyyyyyyy over to get the product. Mr. Shelby really has got caught up in this madness. Hell how much money do you need by the way? Its like your going to swallow it whether you like or not!

Its another SHAME about the SAAC club, Oh by the way we want to stop this club after 30plus years of hard work...why? because we said so....OK that was a good answer....

What N thee Hell? BillyRay Phx az :censored:

post-3364-1200162000_thumb.jpg

post-3364-1200162000_thumb.jpg

Before the internet hit critical mass, there were little niches of people (nerds like me) that had a computer bulletin boards (BBS) running and people could call into your computer and it was a very basic site to exchange text....then the internet came and what a huge amount of info people had at their fingertips.

I was on a board for a corporate jet owners association back in the 80's and 90's for owners and operators of a brand of jet manufactured in the US, it was made and funded by the owners and operators. We exchanged valuable information between companies of problems each owner was having with their fleet. Some had 10 planes and flew them every day, others had only one and flew them 3 times a month, their unique problems were shared and everyone gained from this exchange of information.

One year, the company that built the jets thought it would be good to have a panel their to hear what was going on out in the field and take notes to help their customer service, they asked if they could attend and we were happier than pigs in slop... When they showed up, they had legal people, top level test pilots and people that we were sure had probably never stepped foot in a private jet, much less flown one.

By the end of the first morning, we took a break, gathered the members, took a vote and asked some of the "company" people to leave. The legal people were there so the others could not say if there was something really wrong and to deny any problems they were having, the test pilot was there to tell us we all didn't know how to fly and a couple others were there just to get our names and companies to attempt to contact them and let them know this was a waste of their time and money.

I flew this type of jet for 16 years, and being the president of the group for 5, I resigned when the jet company bought their way into the organization and had a permanent seat in our forum. Today, it's useless, nothing more than another sales tool...."OH there is nothing wrong with your jet sir, it's a feature, not a flaw!" I have been away from the brand of jets for 10 years and in when asked to this day I will not recommend them, just for what went on and the company's complete disregard for an owners right to share information.

I feel in my heart of hearts Robert and Sharon did not sell out, they have done a great service to the Mustang community, but being a GT500 owner, I can see now they have a new set of challenges, keeping the other Mustang owners from feeling left out, but look how great they made this site to begin with.

Becoming Team Shelby, I think this gives them a lot more clout and carries a lot more weight. And I'm pretty sure there will be no sensoring of information posted to this site, a site that has paid members. That would hold the site open to liable for not fulfilling it's obligation to it's paid members, forget what name is on it. Unless a company was to completely drop any dues whatsoever, change it's rules and post them. That wouldn't work. And I know it wouldn't happen.

uys, This is still you favorite site run by the same people. Nohing has changed. Except the color. They are changing the color as well to be better. please take a step and get to know the site, you will see all the topics, all the threads are still here. This is an enthusists site, we are not taking over, we wanted the best site to have a home for Shelby, and Stangs and Robert And Sharons drive and support are unmatched.

Amy

Archived