TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My deal gone now too.

Sorry to here that news, hang in there maybe another will come along. :yup:

I let my dealer know up front that I would be out much more than my deposit if they backed out of the deal. Selling my current sedan, refinancing some debt, and so forth is costing me thousands. I would sue their pants off for about twenty grand if they backed out. I am paying over MSRP but nothing close to the amount that has been posted on this board.

Sorry to hear that your dealer shafted you RiceBeater. Not cool!!!!!!!!

Agreed.

Sorry to hear about your luck, RiceBeater, but keep your head and your hopes up. I know it may seem hard right now, but if you wait it out a little bit, it'll be miles and miles of smiles. Stick in thier man, it's gonna work out, and you'll be behind the wheel in no time! :)

Mine fell through even though I thought I had a contract and Vin#, Dealer now says it was never Vind just looked like it. Cars he is getting are going on auction. I dont know how this happened. Getting my money back.

Sorry about what happend.But dont give up try checking other cityies that's what I did and it paid off.BEST OF LUCK! :party:

Mine fell through even though I thought I had a contract and Vin#, Dealer now says it was never Vind just looked like it. Cars he is getting are going on auction. I dont know how this happened. Getting my money back.

I know that feeling. My dealer did the same to me but never took any money just kept telling me I was at the top of the list. When I finally confronted the owner when the order window opened he said they were going on Ebay. After some kind words I got busy and took almost 2 full days to start calling dealers locally and working my way farther away from home. I also dropped by no less than 20 dealerships as I traveled for business and left my card with either the Owner or General Manager at each location. In one day I got 4 offers for cars at $10K over MSRP after I had wired money to one 125 miles away. Luck would have it he was one of 3 Arkansas Presidential Award Winners in 2005. Very small town, owner / operators name on the dealership. I currently have refundable deposits on a total of 3 cars. I am glad I have a Home Equity LOC to buy some time when the calls come in. I went through this story to tell you to not give up if you really want a GT500. I would keep calling and never talk to a Salesperson or Sales Manager. The GM or Owners are calling the shots on this one.

I don't get this. You had a written deal for the car, a VIN#, money down and I would suppose a receipt. And you LET THEM walk away from the deal without so much as a wimper? You need a lawyer and buck up. Do not let them get away with this. If you really wanted the car, MAKE IT HAPPEN. If you let this go, you really did not want the car that bad in the first place.

Dealers get away with stuff like this because folk LET THEM.

I don't get this. You had a written deal for the car, a VIN#, money down and I would suppose a receipt. And you LET THEM walk away from the deal without so much as a wimper? You need a lawyer and buck up. Do not let them get away with this. If you really wanted the car, MAKE IT HAPPEN. If you let this go, you really did not want the car that bad in the first place.

Dealers get away with stuff like this because folk LET THEM.

I agree. If they have your deposit and you have something in writing, you have a contract that was executed. I would consider refusing to accept your deposit back and reminding them of the fact that you have a deal. If being polite gets you nowhere, stop being polite and call a lawyer. That's what they are out there for: Dealing with the :censored: 's of the world. If you want this car, you might just need to play a little hardball.... :banghead:

If my dealer pulled this on me (They have a $5K non-refundable deposit and I have an order form indicating I get the car for MSRP + $10K and a Vehicle Order Confirmation with my name on it.), I GUARANTEE you I would pay a lawyer if I had to. I'm in the process of selling my '05 Mustang GT, which I would NEVER do if I weren't getting a Shelby. BTW, I am a physician and, although I have never had the displeasure of being sued (not yet - only a matter of time - it happens to us all sooner or later) I have a very deep seated distrust and dislike for lawyers and their kind. In my world people do the right thing and there is no need for lawyers. Unfortunately we don't all share this perspective on life, and that's when you need to spend a few bucks on some legal help.

Just my thoughts. Do with it what you will, but however it works out, I hope you get your car! :shift:

Archived