TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Borla-Bassani-Flowmaster-Magnaflow-ect

Senior 500

All I want to do is make my car sound a little badder. Not much, just a little badder. Adding two mufflers is not easy. How can you choose

which ones will be just a little louder sounding? It's a final decision that's costly to reverse.

Is there a muffler that anyone likes that is only a little louder than the factory original? I'd enjoy your feed-back.

Thanks, Senior

All I want to do is make my car sound a little badder. Not much, just a little badder. Adding two mufflers is not easy. How can you choose

which ones will be just a little louder sounding? It's a final decision that's costly to reverse.

Is there a muffler that anyone likes that is only a little louder than the factory original? I'd enjoy your feed-back.

Thanks, Senior

I've got the Corsa axle back setup (which is essentially just 2 stainless mufflers) and it's perfect. Just a notch above stock at idle, nice sound at WOT and no drone at any RPM.

Thanks, Senior

Hey there,

The STILLEN mufflers are just a little "badder" - easy install (axle-back) - no drone in the car. On sale right now for $410.90 for the pair (free shipping).

You can hear a sound clip of them at http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=STIS...p;model=MUSTANG

AND - Lethal Performance can sell them to ya also :)

Page

Hey there,

The STILLEN mufflers are just a little "badder" - easy install (axle-back) - no drone in the car. On sale right now for $410.90 for the pair (free shipping).

You can hear a sound clip of them at http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=STIS...p;model=MUSTANG

AND - Lethal Performance can sell them to ya also :)

Page

That's about $300 less than I paid for the Corsas...

I think my Corsa axlebacks are just the right amount of attitude without overdoing it. As said above, no drone.

Axle backs are really easy to install. A couple of clamps, a couple of hanger bolts and you are set. Sometimes you have to loosen the pipes upstream to adjust the tips to sit centered in the "hole" in the rear fascia. But, that is also easy. I did mine by myself in less than 2 hours. A lot of that was spent tweaking them to fit perfectly.

Something that you might want to consider before purchasing a muffler is how far the tips extend past the rear diffuser. On some mufflers the tips are separate and can be adjusted. On other mufflers the tips are welded to the muffler and the tip length is less adjustable.

Also check ninopsort.com. I got my FRPP GTA's for less than 300 and free shipping. Use YouTube for sample sound tests

How do you like the FRPP GTA's? I understand this is what is put on the Shelby GT, but I didn't know that they had a 3rd option from the SVT1 and 5GT axle back systems. They are +$300 more than the other FRPP systems, so what exactly is the difference? The Ninosport website says there is no drone or resonance, so can you confirm that? Also, on the FRPP website it lists they are made with 409 steel and may show surface rust. Has that bee a probem?

I have the original Corsa's and love them on my vert. Not too loud with the top down and no drone at all.

I did a Poll some time back in the Tech forum, but it's been removed. The last time it surfaced there were about a hundred members polled and it was about neck and neck; Corsa's and Borla, then I think Basani, the FRPP, then Flowmaster and then the rest. About 90% were axle backs.

Hope this helps.

Archived