TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Long Of A Wait For a DORA

clutch

Assuming my dealer pressed F4, how long before they receive a DORA back from Ford? Is the date to the right of "Vehicle Order Confirmation" the date in which it was sent to the dealer, or the date they printed it off the computer for me to see??

Thanks

Assuming my dealer pressed F4, how long before they receive a DORA back from Ford? Is the date to the right of "Vehicle Order Confirmation" the date in which it was sent to the dealer, or the date they printed it off the computer for me to see??

Thanks

Date that is printed is the date the order was printed.

DORA is generated by a computer not a person, the DORA will process the day after the order is submitted.

(keep in mind that the order computer is in Detroit, so the day changes based on thier location not yours) However not all dealers will print out the information daily. If you ordered from a smaller dealer they may not update thier Dealer communication system daily or they may not run the reports on a daily basis. However they should be able to enter the Dealer communication system to print it any time.

One more thing. The DORA will usually go to the person who is responsible for placing orders or the person who ordered the vehcile (Which manager ordered the car)

Typically that is not the salesman, so dont be upset if he has no clue that such a paper exists.

It almost seemed that my dealer was offended when I asked for my DORA, it took several weeks and several call of me asking for it over and over, but I have one now.

Now if I could get the regional rep to pick my order to pull for scheduling...

Still fighting that battle

I know what you are saying. Seems if I ask my dealer for any paperwork documenting the order process, it's taken like some sort of personal attack on their integrity. It's harder than pulling teeth, makes me "worried".....you'd think they'd be glad to give you this stuff....I mean who asks for a DORA when they order a crown vic?????

So just for clarification, the date printed to the right of the order confirmation, is NOT the date the car was ordered, but the date he printed it off for me to see???? Just trying to determine if he ordered the car when he said he ordered it....which would have taken place long before I saw the order confirmation sheet..... and I'm still waiting to see my DORA..... guess more phone calls on Monday!

Archived